Scottish Runners

30,001 to 30,020 of 33,588 messages
19/12/2012 at 06:08

Morning

Wow we've reached 30,000 ! Cheers to Robert for starting this thread.

4M Tempo run, fairly flowing along which was pleasing.

Moring Tri

19/12/2012 at 07:04

morning

definitely up for that FFB!! Sounds great!!

Hope the house move is going well 57.5!

Turbo this morning as very tired and couldnt face a run. 3 runs this week will suffice.

News on bf... will be back from US Friday morning... but, he has been offered a job there!!!! Still lots of negotiations to be done and no idea of timescale at the moment. Could be later in the year next year (ie August time) but really not sure yet. Would be for a year  Santa Cruz California... sounds lovely

19/12/2012 at 08:07

Morning all. Managed to clear the migraine and got a cracking 6.5 miles in last night .

Meant to say, Elspeth, Loch Katrine not that easy to get to without transport, but if you base yourself in Glasgow I should be able to arrange a lift for you.

I now need to get a move on: numbers, medals, mile markers, water ...... not doing prizes or goodie bags, but may see if I can get someone to donate some freebies

19/12/2012 at 10:43

Morning everyone

UTC - wow California . Very exciting . Lots of opportunities for someone in your profession too . Go for it whilst you are still young .

57.5 - happy new house .

Good training everyone else .

Off for a plod before it rains.....get them winter miles in ..... what doesnt kill you makes you stronger...or summat like that ....

19/12/2012 at 16:53

Ooooh California - wow, agree with TP, do it while you are young and unencumbered!!!

Hope house move going OK ...

Really dark here all day today ... shortest day tomorrow though I think?

Did another five this morning but feel like someone turned a tap on and all my get-up-and-go has leaked away somewhere, like running with lead pellets so obviously still not quite over the bug - bah!!!  Certainly didn't feel like todays run had made me stronger

Only four more school runs to do ... ... yippee

19/12/2012 at 16:53

and  to 30,000

19/12/2012 at 18:04

Happy Belated Birthday 57.5 and Happy New House too.

UTC - exciting indeed.

just in from breezy 5.5 miles, haven't been getting very far this week.

Count me in for Loch Katrine then FFB, do you plan any posters etc, may be able to interest some of the others in the Half/10k.

OH just had that bug too CC - not going near him!

19/12/2012 at 19:15

I got out of my flat last night and sorted the mortgage today so progress is being made. Just a few weeks in temporary accomodation and then move in 20th Jan! Finally time to run tonight after 2 days of chaos.

California? Do it!

Nights are fair drawin' in...

19/12/2012 at 21:20

I don't think you have to get that close tbh!!! ... is sweeping through schools and families like wildfire at the moment!

Enjoy your run after the chaos 57.5. Very exciting re house.

I am so looking forward to the day when we can finally sort where we are going to live / hubby and family living in same area and having our own house again (well our own that we actually live in anyway!!). Maybe 2013 will be the year ...

19/12/2012 at 22:14

Tri: Great news.

20/12/2012 at 05:53

morning

up at 5 this morning to chat to bf on skype from San Fransisco. Just going to jump on turbo. Last day at work today then last christmas pressies to get. Almost there.

Happy moving 57.5!

20/12/2012 at 06:15

morning Tri :Last day at work for me today too.

Just finished reading Victoria Pendletons book. Interesting read.

4.5M Steadily done.

20/12/2012 at 07:38

morning BM

good turbo session this morning.

what did you make of her book? Id be interested to know as I find her quite annoying  (ok, more spoiled and ungrateful....)... off to work now.

20/12/2012 at 08:18

Morning all! Good weights and abs session last night. Probably should have beena run but did not fancy the rain, and then did not fancy the spin bike either.

Can't wait until I finish tomorrow for the Christmas break. It has been a mad few weeks one way or another.

20/12/2012 at 08:34

can't wait for tomorrow - school run is finishing me off at the moment, that and general chaos!!!

20/12/2012 at 14:01

Happy holidays everyone - nearly there .

Technically I finished my last job before Xmas (or at least, the work I had left in the house) on Tuesday, but I am still awaiting some extra info I need in order to edit a report I wrote months ago, and was promised 'before Xmas'.......soooooo, I won't start celebrating the holidays until 5pm Friday, just in case !!!! There is still every chance it will come, with a note saying 'could you just finish this before New Year, but don't bother sending it in, cos we won't be here!!!!' .

Although if one is to believe the 'End of the World' predictions, maybe we should all just have a big party tonight? Woo Hoooooooo  (What I dont get, is if they are all so certain its ending, why are these same people stockpiling food (or worse, guns? ) cos, like, if it ends, there will be nothing left, world kapput, innit?

Hideous out, glad today is my rest day! Almost fell asleep at 9pm last night , all this running palaver tires you out .

Get well soon everyone with lurgyfications !

20/12/2012 at 16:53

Tri: I enjoyed it. She seemed honest about her upbringing and open about those she came into contact with and had conflict with. It kinda mirrored the bbc documentary on her that was shown just before the Olympics. There a fascinating insight into her rivalry with Mears.

I've now got Bradley Wiggins autobiography to read now.

Edited: 20/12/2012 at 16:54
20/12/2012 at 18:02

Sorry about Mr ffb's auntie Good news about the marathon though. We'll definately be up for it - well I will & hubby will be if he's not working. Are you setting a limit on numbers?

How exciting UTC, California here you come?!

Still no running for me but I think I'm finally turning the corner on this lurgy nonsense.

20/12/2012 at 18:04

I cannot say I know much about VP, but since she did that shampoo (?) advert, she just makes me laugh  I cannot take her sporting performance seriously since then ...probably not the reaction she intended her 'public' to have ! Mind you, anyone seen that hilarious add where the Cav brushes his hair back - now that is very funny!!!

Hmmmm, maybe athletes should be more careful who advises them?

20/12/2012 at 21:27

Just in case the world should end tommorrow......

'Sixty 25th of Decembers, fifty nine 4th of Julys

You can't have too many good times, children

You can't have too many lines

Take a good look at these crows feet

Sitting on the prettiest eyes

Well my eyes might look like the map of the town........

But you'll never hear the crack of a frown when you are here'

With compliments to Beautiful South .

Edited: 20/12/2012 at 21:28
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.