Scottish Runners

30,021 to 30,040 of 33,517 messages
22/01/2013 at 10:57

Well doen Longbow for persevering.

Jeezo, asked Asda to donate £98 worth of bottled water for Loch Katrine in return for branding on numbers and on my odyssey website and got a knock back. Seriously  They probably get 10x that value shopfited from Toryglen every day.

How do people get free stuff?

22/01/2013 at 19:21

Hi all

Anyone from The North-East or up in Orkney as I  was wondering what people favourite races in the NE and Orkney are?

I have done Lumphanan 10k detox twice and really enjoyed it and also balmoral 10k once and enjoyed it also. I plan to do the crathes half marathon this year in september but will be spending my summer in Orkney so was wondering what races are there that i could do that folk recommend

Cheers.

22/01/2013 at 19:23

Short run this evening. Snow here is slushy now. Thigh a bit achey, but not too bad.

Very mean of Asda ffb.

22/01/2013 at 20:06

That's terrible FFB A company that size?

Hiya George There is an Orkney bunch on here who'll be along soon no doubt to tempt you with races

Did 800 m reps on the treadmill tonight and actually ENJOYED it?!

22/01/2013 at 22:13

Pretty grim run this evening. Only 4 miles and enegy low, bu then I have just fasted for 2 days

22/01/2013 at 22:33

We have snow (eventually) - 11 mile slow plod today but including track over Wideford Hill

Orkney Races
Kirkwall 10k around Easter
Flotta 10k Late May
Hoy Half Mara (The Big One) June 18
(entry opening soon and always booked up quickly)
Stromness 10k July
Wideford Hill Race August
Kirkwall HM (low key) August
Rousay HM (low key) August
Dounby 10k september

Also Bis Geos 12 mile alternate years (but not this year)

across the water:

Cape Wrath Running Festival May
Castle o'May 10k
Loch Ness Mara and 10k end of September
Fraserburgh HM November
Elgin HM 

... and more that Elspeth may add

22/01/2013 at 22:41
Thanks. I may try the stromness 10k. Hoy maybe too soon for me but will try next year if not this year. The August ones are probably going to be next year unless early August.

What like is flotta 10k?
23/01/2013 at 06:36

Morning

Walking dogs in lightly falling snow.

Catch up time soon.

23/01/2013 at 08:03

OH - you missed one in March

Cragchick, sorry to hear that.

Another run for me later, and hopefully better than last night as I am eating today

23/01/2013 at 08:05
Flotta 10k is undulating coastal circuit of Float with bun feast to follow.
24/01/2013 at 08:43

Morning you lot

Day off work today. Dog walked earlier, so waiting for younger son to leave for school.

24/01/2013 at 09:09
24/01/2013 at 09:23

Morning all, OH you remembering your entry to Loch Katrine

I was a bad bunny last night: no run, but I did do a weights and circuit session. Night off tonight as I have a meeting after work.

Good old Tunnocks are providing Caramel Logs for Loch Katrine  It also looks like Teko are going to provide my socks  for Antarctica.

24/01/2013 at 10:41

FFB - indeed I have. It's this thought which drags me out at the present

List was not a personal race plan but answer to GeorgeP's request for races in NE or Orkney - It would be stretching it to classify Loch Katrine as being in  NE

Personal list so far for this year is
Loch Katrine
Cape Wrath Running Festival
Hoy HM
Langdale HM
Snowdon Marathon

with some of local races depending on on call and other clashes

24/01/2013 at 12:23

Taking Miss B to Indoor Athletics on Saturday. Both of us are looking forward to it.

24/01/2013 at 21:34

Hurray to Tunnocks and Teko

That'll be good BM

7 miles tonight....outside!

25/01/2013 at 11:40

Hi everyone,

I'm so sporadic on this forum.  I've gone and read back a week but not the 2 months I've missed, so apologies in advance for when I (inevitably) put my foot in it!

I hope everyone is doing okay.  I haven't seen any of you out and about for a bit - although Tri: were you at park run last Saturday?  I saw someone who I thought was you, but she wasn't very close and I didn't see her after the race.  Possibly not, as it sounds like you're really going for the Tri events.

FFB - you sound pretty stressed and worn out!  Are you getting any time to relax? 

I've been running quite a lot lately.  I'm almost scared to jinx it, but I'm 7 runs from completing Jantastic!  I don't feel massively fitter for it, tbh, but at least I haven't stagnated over January as I might have done.  Also, a friend persuaded me to put in for Lochaber.  It didn't take much persuading, actually... I was feeling a bit down one day, and she suggested it and it just seemed like the right thing to do.  Anybody else doing it this year?  I am going to aim to go under 4, but we'll see...

I had planned to do Buchlyvie this weekend, but that has been cancelled due to poor weather.  Greenock next weekend instead.

OH - there's some impressive looking races in your plan.

25/01/2013 at 17:37

Welcome back IJ.

Lots of snow here today. I was planning to rest anyway. 5 miles yesterday.

Have a good weekend everybody.

25/01/2013 at 18:43

Evening

MrsMac :Looking forward to the athletics tomorrow

25/01/2013 at 19:39

Have fun BM

Well done Ian on the running streak, especially given the recent weather

I left work at lunchtime today because of the weather but it was just raining when I got home, oops 20 miles planned tomorrow. Have a great weekend all

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.