Scottish Runners

30,041 to 30,060 of 33,219 messages
25/12/2012 at 14:55

Managed a wee run along the canal- had a nap , and now we're getting ready to go out for lunch.

Good day so far!

25/12/2012 at 14:56

Merry Christmas.

Did you get new trainers Vickhi and Joe?

25/12/2012 at 16:28
Hey everyone happy Christmas, sounds like everyone is having a great day!!
Went climbing locally Sunday quiet day yesterday then managed a wee 4 miles this morning before a dip in the Irish Sea :S back home for breakfast, and lots of family stuff, just waiting for dinner in a while.
Lots of cycling stuff this year and lovely gifts from bf's family. Home tomorrow to see own family... have the mile race 1st though and hoping for a wee run ince home Hope everyone is having a fan day and the trainers were in the stockings guys!!?!
25/12/2012 at 16:30
Ran Saturday too following journey over Friday... festive season is going good;)
25/12/2012 at 16:49

Merry Christmas from Elspeth and OH - very full of turkey etc but also with some good new running things!

Good luck with the race UTC

25/12/2012 at 16:59
Hey Alison, yup - got my trainers!! No excuses now - need to start upping the mileage if I'm gonna do a marathon in September!

Merry Christmas!
25/12/2012 at 17:41

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you've all had a fantastic time and too much food!

About to start on our alternative Christmas dinner of .... pizza!! Off visiting relatives for the next few weeks so we wouldn;t be a around to eat all the left over food so keeping it simple with homemade pizza. magic!

Lots of running and tennis stuff in the stocking today. need to get some other interests i think!

25/12/2012 at 23:01

Sounds like everyone was having a good day!

Glasgow parkrun for me this morning. Outsprinted a young girl in the last 200m which was unseasonably mean, but she did sneak a PB so I don't feel too guilty. 2nd fastest 5k I've ever run which was a surprise, but it was perfect weather. Great spread of sweets and cakes after the event too!

In the afternoon I wore the dog out by running him around Bishopbriggs, visiting many of the haunts of my youth. Even some of the dreaded school cross country route which is a bit eerie now the school's been demolished and the site is derelict.

Off to Ayr for the 10k tomorrow. Will need to get back to work for a rest!

25/12/2012 at 23:03

Graeme - I also got a lot of positive reaction for running with my Santa hat and the dog's Santa bandana.

26/12/2012 at 15:11

Merry Christmas all  Have been busy so not getting much computer time, but relaxed, well fed, but not too well fed and looking forward to tryin my new kit. Got a good haul from santa with a good mix between running stuff and non running stuff.

26/12/2012 at 22:57

Really enjoyed the Ayr Turkey Trot 10k today, well organised and perfect running weather. I managed my best 10k time since 1991 too , now only 8 secs to go for a PB in the only distance I ran seriously in my youth. Clearly preparing the day before the race with a hard parkrun, 8 easy miles, a huge pile of food and several glasses of wine is a winning combination.

Running Bhoy was there, didn't talk to him but saw his name in the results.

Back up to Inverness for work tomorrow , then off to North Ronaldsay for New Year. Should be quiet!

27/12/2012 at 07:00

morning... back to work it is today then.... 

time for a turbo 1st.

sounds like everyone had a great time, well done 57.5 thats a fantastic achievement!! Well done RB (and Kirsty) too!!

bf still in Ireland til Friday as he's off still so having an extra couple of days with family. Spent last night with family too inc niece n nephew. Knackered though, really wish I was off today.

27/12/2012 at 09:39

Morning

Still got this cold, so nothing doing bar walking Geordie.

Need to catch up.

57.5: Well done on your 10k time.

Morning Tri.

Edited: 27/12/2012 at 09:39
27/12/2012 at 12:11

Back at work today, and lurgified with cold, GRrrrrrrrrr.

Hope it passes quickly, I REALLY need to be upping the mileage soon.

27/12/2012 at 15:08

Afternoon all

Good to hear everyone had good Christmases and a decent haul of running related pressies .

Safe travels to 57.5 headed to Orkney .

Sorry to hear of the folks with colds / lurgies and those back at work . Boo to that!

I got some really good miles in over the weekend, 3x back to back to back LSR's, then had a rest on Xmas Eve, before doing a lovely run in Pollok Park on Christmas Day (the sun was even out briefly!!!). Also managed a run on Boxing Day but was very tired from all the Christmas shenaniggans.

Luckily got those miles in because have had a really bad stomach the last few days, on and off, put it down to too much rich food (I wasnt drinking any alcohol at all) then just found out one of the cousins who came to Xmas lunch (and had to leave early to throw up ) had norovirus!!!!!! FFS!!!! So now I don't know how much of my stomach cramp is 'real' and how much is psycho-somatic....but I'm hoping it goes away soon . I am now avoiding all contact with the rest of the rellies, but I suspect she has already spread it to all the grannies and all the kids . That was 13 people at dinner, including a tiny baby (!!!) exposed to norovirus because of one stupid idiot, who could have stayed at home and had a portion taken up to her .

Having another rest day today, and hoping I can run tommorrow.

Take care all .

27/12/2012 at 23:36

Get well soon guys. I think I might keep off the forum for a while with all these viruses going about!

28/12/2012 at 06:30

morning...

thankfully no lurgy here just a sniffle but feel absolutely fine and its been around for a while. was planning a swim last night but pool only opened til 4  ended up doing a clear up of the house... x training??

hope everyone is ok...

new training plan for new year kicking in in a few days once the palava of new year is over

weather miserable out... turbo time again

28/12/2012 at 07:35
Thats a lot of lurgy going about!! Hope your norovirus has not developed any further TP. A little silly of the cousin to put everyone else at risk.

We made it down to deepest darkest Dorset yesterday after tedious 10hour journey. Thank you M6. Was a joy. Took about 30 seconds for the inlaws to annoy me - took the kids bags up to their room only to find a pile of jigsaws and DVDs on their beds in addition to the pile of presents under the tree. FFS it christmas, the last thing the kids need is extra presents!!

Think I'll need to run every day to keep calm

Hope everyone is feeling a little better.
28/12/2012 at 09:17

Morning

Still got this heavy cold. Not been eating alot though.

28/12/2012 at 16:35

Good luck surviving the inlaws Longbow . Running is a good idea .

Get well soon Birkmyre.

Don't think I've got norovirus after all . Thank goodness! Think it was probably a mild dose of food poisoning from Xmas day - feel fine now that I've had some extra rest and managed to 'remove', one way or another , all the offending articles !

Had a short run today, very windy out, but the fresh air was good, and its very mild .

Safe travels all going out over the New Year. Got a birthday party to go to tommorrow, well, more of a 'lunch' than party, so that should be okay.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.