Scottish Runners

30,041 to 30,060 of 31,032 messages
22/01/2014 at 12:14

BM - enjoy!

Cragchick - Jan is definitely the month for niggles. Lakes race sounds good, shame about UTMB, its just one of those races that seems ridiculously over-subscribed .

Run later, weather looks okay.

Talking of which - Tricia? Forecast for Sat looks rubbish - heavy rain and wind. Do you want to wait until March? Might be better...might be snowing !

22/01/2014 at 18:44

Tp- I'm going down with a cold- lets bin the plan for saturday, and re- think it when the weather is better. Is that OK?

Nearly killed myself at spinning this moring- I always think I'm going to be sensible, and not over-do it, but it always ends up a near- death experience, still feeling wobbly this evening!

22/01/2014 at 19:48

Tricia - I think that is probably wise - no point running just for the sake of it in lashing rain, especially if you have a cold.

8.2m done today, with some sprints at the end !

22/01/2014 at 20:15

That's a shame you missed out on UTMB cragchick, although the october race Sounds good. Hope the aches clear up soon.

Oh the fun and stress of house-hunting TP!  Hope you see something lovely soon!

Get well soon tricia.

Got a wee cottage in Blair Atholl until Monday so lots of trail running hopefully, preferably without the drama this time!

22/01/2014 at 22:45

so would the Dirty Thirty just three weeks before the Great Glen Way race be cutting it a bit fine (I am not good at just trying to take it easy as a training run!!), or should I instead offer myself up as team leader/member of team for the Moray Way Relay - 10 legs of approx. 10 miles each leg (perhaps I could do two legs if not enough takers!) ... ummmm ... really not sure, I did LOVE the Dirty Thirty but ...

That sounds a nice trip away MrsMac - is the ankle all recovered now?

No running today, and osteo tomorrow, want to get back to my miles ...

22/01/2014 at 23:34

cragchick - I ran from the village to the mini wind farm, down to the sea and along the edge of the dunes. Nice variety of off road underfoot conditions!

Down in Embra for a couple of days so I got a few runs in from Pollock Halls. Even got out early enough this evening to get some daylight and go up Arthur's Seat en route to Leith. Makes a change from running the same old roads during the week.

23/01/2014 at 11:43

ah yes, that's a nice little circuit, dunes keep changing as high tides are removing huge chunks each month!  Our house backs straight onto the dunesland heath so I can head straight out into it for a run

23/01/2014 at 14:05
Shame about the colds folks, lot of it about!

TP - hope you find a new home soon and without too much stress.

CC - when is moray way relay? I would volunteer to do a leg if I'm around/if it would help. Sure 3 weeks recovery would be fine and a nice long run beforehand (you can always add a few extra miles like I did getting lost).

Terribly windy again yesterday but settled for now, we must have had more boat cancellations this winter than ever before!
23/01/2014 at 14:22

Took a soaking this morning, quite windy too, but probably not as bad as where you are Elspeth !

Out doing hill reps and stair reps, I'm bored with slow plodding so thought I would throw in a bit of variety this week, got some funny looks from the dog walkers in the park when I was doing the stair circuits (like, isn't one time around enough?! ) .

Good luck with the osteo CC, hope that settles things a bit.

Have fun trail running MrsMac - but try to be careful this time, I know its hard when you are throwing yourself off a mountain, but ! You always seem to choose such picturesque places to run, I have done a lot of hillwalking around Blair Atholl, some lovely routes.

Bit more of a relaxed day here today, well, the phone hasn't been ringing all day, which makes a nice change.

23/01/2014 at 14:32

Anyone know of any places/organisations that do 

one day navigation courses in Glasgow/Stirling area (ish)? 

23/01/2014 at 15:50
Yes Mrs mac - enjoy yourself and be careful! Can't have you injured again! Sounds lovely though. Was tempted by invitation to a training run on WHW this weekend but I think it'll be hatches battened down again and no ferries tomorrow so maybe another time!

Calm between the storms today.
23/01/2014 at 16:25

TT - what about this link, hasn't got anything down for 2014 but they may have something in the pipeline http://www.mcofs.org.uk/navigation-courses.asp  Otherwise, perhaps seek out your local orienteering club, they may be able to help?  Otherwise we'll have to see if we can sort a day somewhere halfway and I'll give you some coaching. I bet you know more than you think you do.

23/01/2014 at 16:26

I've signed myself up for the 30 but will be taking it VERY easy, unlike last year!!

23/01/2014 at 16:52
CC - my goal is to be less than 1.5 hours behind you this year, not getting lost would help! But it was still fun. Better sign up sometime, I've heard there's a lot more interest in it this year.
23/01/2014 at 17:25

Elspeth, there's another training weekend on the WHW next weekend too. Balmaha to Inversnaid

Have fun in Edinburgh 57.5, the Pentlands are nice for a run if you have time.

23/01/2014 at 17:30
Mrs Mac - next weekend no good - no chance of a long weekend away from work - but if you hear of anything in Feb would be interested.
23/01/2014 at 17:35

Elspeth, there's another training weekend on the WHW next weekend. Balmaha to Inversnaid

Have fun in Edinburgh 57.5, the Pentlands are nice for a run if you have time.

Have you dried out yet TP?! Stair reps are a fun(?) alternative to hills

Yes cragchick, the ankle seems to be healed and behaving. Think the wobble board really helped. Good luck with the Osteo.

Had a lovely 10 mile run up Glen Tilt this morning. We were very lucky with the weather. Almost stood right on top of a huge white hare! Dont know who got the biggest fright

23/01/2014 at 21:18

wow - a white hare - fantastic. Sounds lovely running

Elspeth, I am planning to be race photographer this year I think  so you can yomp past me. Is perfect timing for a final long run providing I behave myself on the pace ... thankfully I DIDN'T get lost, and hopefully I'll remember the course in case the weather is vile. Can't believe we'd get the same weather again - a little too hot perhaps but WOW was beautiful.

Osteo has 'released' me. Never feels like she's doing  much at the time, but oh boy do I know about it now ... mbk ride tomorrow and then ease back into the running on dreadmill at weekend and fingers crossed ...

23/01/2014 at 21:51

Thank you for that link CC, I seen that site last yr but 

couldn't remember what it was called. Will contact them and 

see if they will b doing another round of courses. 

23/01/2014 at 22:03

Not made it out to the Pentlands yet MrsMac. I need meetings in May/June so I can escape the streetlights.

A windier year than usual Elspeth? Glad I'm safely on the mainland these days!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.