Scottish Runners

30,061 to 30,080 of 32,841 messages
28/12/2012 at 19:45

In for a nosey.

29/12/2012 at 06:42

morning

off to Arran this morning... as long as the ferry sails sadly need to come back for work monday and head back monday after work til wednesday.... tight squeeze but hoping we'll do it!! Hardly slept all night with the wind outside mind you... knackered!

Glad you're a bit better TP.. and all the other lurgies are clearing up.

Will check in asap... have a good one everybody!!

29/12/2012 at 10:48

Morning. Hope all the lurgy sufferers have recovered. 

Just back from a very wet parkrun. Going away for a few days tomorrow for new year - not back at work until Friday.

Happy New Year when it comes everyone.

29/12/2012 at 10:53

TP: Busy up your way today with Queens Park playing Rangers at 12:45 !

29/12/2012 at 10:53

Alison:Nah still got lurgy !

29/12/2012 at 14:09
Just back from a gorgeous 8 mile hilly trail run. Legs feeling it but gorgeous run hope u feel better soon bm. Lunch time now
29/12/2012 at 15:13

Hello

Healing vibes to lurgied people.

17 miles this morning which was the longest run I've done since Glen Ogle and I felt it

29/12/2012 at 16:49

Well done MrsMac .

Birkmyre - luckily I missed the footie shenanigans - I was leaving for Troon just as they all arrived .

Good birthday lunch at friends today then a long walk along what was available of the beach - tide up really high, big crashy waves .

Happy holidays everyone going away for New Year .

Long run planned for tommorrow.

29/12/2012 at 18:46

Nice running Mrs Mac and UTC

Sounds like a nice time in Troon TP.

13 miles for me today, windy but not as bad as during the night, waves coming over the wall onto the road at Scapa though, avoided cold showers by sneaking behind some houses. Back at work on Mon but have enjoyed the time off while kids home.

30/12/2012 at 09:29

Morning all. Finally got time to pop in for a nosey. Household back to normal .

Sorry about the various lurgies and hope everyone recovering OK. Good to see some solid training going on too. Things have been a bit difficult for me in that department.

My Mum stayed for a week  The girls have got rid of their lurgies, Mr FFBs aunt has been 'dispatched'. We were down to Luton for that on Friday. It was lovely humanist service and it was actually lovely to see all the cousins. The landing back in Glasgow has to be the worst I have ever experienced  and I have done a lot of flying. The turbulance was incredible. Quite a few had to resort to the barf bags, and I nearly did

My Mum left yesterday and a sense of calm decended on the house and everyone relaxed. We then toddle off to a friends house for a gin tasting. So many gins, so many flavours. I think that she had about 15  We are of to see the Hobbit later this morning.

As you can imagine I have not done much training in the last week. My Mum is quite demanding. So, I need to kick myself up the pants and get going again. I did briefly think about starting that today, but I reall really want to see the hobbit, and we like to go to early showings in the hope that we don't have to suffer the disintereste, noisy munching audiences. Why do people fell that they have to constantly check mobiles, chat loudly and eat enough rubbish to feed a small nation when they go to the cinema. Can they not just focus on something for a few hours without eating and making a noise

30/12/2012 at 11:00

Eeeek FFB, sounds like you have had quite a week !

Agree re. cinema, I don't go very often cos it is so expensive these days, so when I do make the effort I quite like to concentrate on the film, not other folks chat, sweetie rustlings etc !

I went to see Life of Pi the other day, it was very good, really quite a difficult book to translate into film, (and the book is definitely better), but I thought they did a good job of getting the main ideas across. However, someone had taken a small child in, they sat near the front, kid was probably about 7, so talked through the whole film and yelled 'Roooooaaaar' at the top of his voice every time the tiger came on the screen . Really its not a kids film, despite all the cgi animals etc, it has lots of long dialogue sections, and concepts quite difficult for kids that age to grasp . And clearly, the cinema were not enforcing the certificate, as it is a 12A . However, it showed how good the film was, that even with this extra noise, you could still enjoy it .

Off for a run, hope I don't get washed away !

30/12/2012 at 14:37
Glad you survived FFB... not an easy feat...

Haven't read the book life of pi yet, think I'd prefer to do that 1st but have a few books to read 1st...

Just back from mountain biking... cracking trails and really good fun
30/12/2012 at 17:39
Surviving the inlaws alright and it's proving good for my running. Nice 6 miles this morning down to Arne and back. Out again tomorrow with Mrs LB. was nice and dry today so hopefully that will last.

Off all next week from work so enjoying the break. Going to spend time planning races for next year. Don't think I ran any official races this year so going to rectify that next year.

Hope you enjoyed the hobbit FFB and enjoy Arran UTC.
31/12/2012 at 06:22

morning

wild out all night last night, didnt sleep particularly well. got back around 7pm, and hoping I can make it back to Arran after work tonight.... its a big if though.... could be a disappointing new year

glad you are surviving LB...

off to pack up again, in the hope of making it tonight. will have a quick turbo before work.

have a good hogmany everyone

31/12/2012 at 07:57

Morning Tri

Lurgy beginning to lift (at last). Just walked Geordie, very wet and windy when out

Have a good one. Lots to catch up on I see.

TP: Glad you missed the crowds,

31/12/2012 at 10:24

Morning all

Hmmmm, blowing a gale out, although it is meant to calm down later - hope you can make it back to Arran UTC !

Well just popping in to say Happy New Year to everybody, lets all make it a great 2013 !

31/12/2012 at 10:40

Morning all,

Loved The Hobbit. A few minor niggles and perhaps a couple of setion that were a bit long. but overall a really good experience. I know we all ask the questions about the need for 3 films and the commercial aspect, but I think one of the main things that I came away with was a sense that it is trully a labour of love, and I think that it is a good thing that directors are now able to to do that.

Elder of the baby FFBs supposed to be going to Mull later today. Just hoping the wind dies down.

Currently trying to catch a mouse brought in by Tallulah the other night and which made an appearance.

Happy New Year to everyone when it comes.

31/12/2012 at 14:15

Hi folks. I have now launched entries for the Loch Katrine Running Festival . I hope that the link works. Entry is via entry central.

31/12/2012 at 17:09

Entered ffb Very best of luck with it

Hope you make it to Arran UTC. I loved Life of Pi, don't know about the film though.

Ran 6 miles today to take my years total to 1401, one more mile than last year

Have a great New Year Everyone

31/12/2012 at 18:25

FFB - that looks great , you are being very generous with the entry fees compared to most these days .

Total miles for 2012 were 2168.33m , which is a mere 5miles more than last year . I think I may have found the max I can do per year without breaking!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.