Scottish Runners

30,061 to 30,080 of 33,534 messages
28/01/2013 at 21:54

evening

sorry have been a bit awol the last week... had a lot on with training and work and a few other things. good mileage going on here. I've been continuing with the swim progress and have had a few good cycles and runs. Work has been a bit mental too.

Welcome back to IanJames... it wasn't me you saw at Parkrun though... I haven't done a Parkrun in months. Need to rectify that situation but my weekends have become a bit precious and the idea of trapesing over to the other side of the city is a bit annnoying especially with the recent weather.

FFB hope your stress levels come down soon!!

Swim tonight, good session, seeing real results with speed Run tomorrow and another swim

29/01/2013 at 08:19

morning

Turbo this morning... Verrrrrry hot...... 

swim and run still planned for tonight.

hope everyone is well.

29/01/2013 at 19:50

Good training UTC.

Windy here again. Did 5 miles, very slowly.

29/01/2013 at 21:45

Opted for the bike tonight, which was a pain as I had wanted to run. No run tomorrow as I am going to the hairdresser.

30/01/2013 at 10:55

Wet  and WINDY here (50kts gust well over 60kts)

30/01/2013 at 20:26

Quiet on here...

Wild and windy here too. Wimped out and did 10 x 400m on the treadmill

30/01/2013 at 20:29

3 odd miles was enough in the wind and rain for me!

Quiet indeed!

31/01/2013 at 06:56

morning

lots of work on this week so no training last night, didnt get home from uni til 9.30pm... and looks like the same tonight... well done to those running in this weather!!

31/01/2013 at 15:25

well at least there was no wind this morning. torrential rain more than made up for it though. sometimes think we all need our heads read for going out in weather like we've been having lately. got thoroughly soaked through this morning but managed my 6 miles.

by my reckoning its 38 days till loch katrine. got quite a bit of training to fit in before then....

31/01/2013 at 20:03

Well done for getting out longbow I don't mind the rain so much but I HATE running in the wind!

Is it still wild up your way Elspeth?

Thats a shame you're still struggling with your ankle cragchick Do you know what you've done? That'd be great to see the great Angela Mudge in action

Did a wee 4 mile trot tonight to loosen of a niggly hamstring - seems to have done the trick. Got 22 miles on the Cateran Trail planned for Saturday

31/01/2013 at 20:15

No it's really calm today Mrs Mac after a wild day yesterday, due to be fine until Sat and then build up to another gale on Monday. 7 miles done with our group tonight, 22 miles sounds good going!

CC - hope your ankle settles down. Ouch to the bike handlebar!

01/02/2013 at 20:15

Evening

Lots to catch up on.

01/02/2013 at 20:38

Better weather here too; much less windy. Nice run this evening, just under 5 miles.

Hope the ankle problem isn't too seriuos cragchick.

02/02/2013 at 08:16

Morning cold and frosty on ehere in Renfrewshire

All the best to those doing the Renfrewshire 5M Road Race tomorrow. My old 'stomping ground'.

02/02/2013 at 10:23

Snow here in Aberdeenshire and went for my first run this year, I forgot how much the cold air saps your lungs. Still at least thats my first run done of the year even if only 5k.

02/02/2013 at 10:35

morning... coursework (again) done for a while... so should be back in the land of training... last couple of days have been a bit lax due to spending evenings in uni...

climbing after work last night though so good times there!

BM, is that the Greenock 5miler?

Off out on the bike today with bf... looking forward to it

02/02/2013 at 11:33

Got back from ski trip on monday ( day later than planned......thank you  BA)- lugage arrived tuesday. Week fromhell at work, BUT did manage to run 6 times ( tready) while away, and have meneged a caouple of short ones at the gym this week- so hopefully I can just get right back into it- got to really, 36 (?) days to LK, and only just under 2 months to GE double!

Previously I have suffered after ski-ing, butI'm hoping this will be different, only thing is I've got a real shoulder problemjust came on the day after the (very long) flight- it hurts when I run, but havve seen physio, and it's on the mend.

02/02/2013 at 11:43

good 10 miles this morning. surprisingly cold but no wind thankfully!!

hope the skiing was good Tricia.

02/02/2013 at 13:25

Hi Tricia - I'm in the same boat, really needing to get some long runs in in the next 2 weeks. Couldn't quite face it today though so only 16 miles. No idea why but legs weren't co operating. Cold north wind blowing though not very strong yet.

Sunny now though but a wee bit of slushy stuff underfoot.

Were's TP?

02/02/2013 at 17:03

We had the north wind too Elspeth, freezing! 16 miles is a long run

Ended up our route was only just over 20 miles today but it was pretty hilly. Still lots of snow about too, knee deep at times so it was 'interesting'

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.