Scottish Runners

30,061 to 30,080 of 31,032 messages
23/01/2014 at 22:05

Elspeth I will b behind you so don't worry, got no idea 

what time to expect but I was guesstimating 7hrs plus minimum. 

My marathon pb is 4:49 at Strathearn marathon, which is hilly 

but all rd.

24/01/2014 at 13:08

Have emailed MCofS CC so fingers crossed they are running more day courses in May this year and it's not the same day as the Edinburgh marathon

24/01/2014 at 14:50
57.5 - much windier, seem to be having boat cancellations every day at the minute!

TT - I'm probably about the same as you, my hilly road mara this year 4.34 (Langdale) and took 7.39 last year (hoping to save half an hour if I don't get lost).
24/01/2014 at 18:32

I was 8:34 at dirty 30 with a marathon PB of 4:26 (Loch Ness). I'm more cautious than Elspeth on the off road bits (but I didn't get lost).

cold and wind 45 - 60 mph - long runs deferred although prospect for rest of weekend is not great.

25/01/2014 at 17:24

Sounds wild up your way OH, you two be careful

Another challenging miles today around the bottom of Beinn a'ghlo. Icy rain and wind, then blue skies! Good old Scottish weather

25/01/2014 at 17:34

being a total wimp

26/01/2014 at 09:49
Exhilarating 12 miles around the west coast yesterday, some fantastic waves. Wasn't too windy but another "severe gale" warning today.

Mrs mac - sounds nice.
26/01/2014 at 16:31

I am hibernating!- bad weather + cough/ cold brewing ( doesn't seem to be shifting/ developing into a normal sniffle)- managed a bit of a recovery run/ strength work ( pre- ski trip!) yesterday- only got up at lunch time today, and all I've achieved is to upload some new books onto my Kindle- not the most productive of days!

Busy week ahead- interviewing for a new colleague on tuesday- always a nervous business- even for the panellinsts, let alone the poor candidates- makes me feel sick to even think of my interviews for various jobs.........I'm just not good at it!

Hoping to get enough time for a decent run mid- week, if the weather clears a bit- definitely not the weather to go out when feeling a bit "iffy" anyway!- Have been in the gym a lot with the hoardes of new year resolutionists- hopefully they wil start to fall by the wayside soon ,and the gym will quieten down again.

26/01/2014 at 16:41

bit rank here this morning but lovely and sunny this afternoon. VERY breezy most of the day but seems to have died down. Thankfully sons rugby session had the last half hour knocked off as they were frozen, daughters mini-micro sessions are indoors for a few more weeks. So I spent most the morning yo-yoing around with them. Husband away skiing for a week so got three weeks of flying solo with the kids

anyhoo - 5 miles on the dreadmill this afternoon at steadyish pace. Things still niggling a bit but hopefully settling down. Hit the ITB and adductors with the foam roller last night (yes I KNOW how to party on a Saturday night!!), and oh my was it excrutiating!!!

Tricia - boo to the cough/cold yeuch, hope it clears away for you soon. And don't worry, usually the gym resolutionists start to die off by early February - I used to be a gym instructor.

26/01/2014 at 16:43

Just been reading 'relentless forward progress' on my Kindle which has been interesting and give me a few pointers on schedules etc - especially on juggling them around real life.

26/01/2014 at 17:30

Talking of 'new year' - I can't believe it is still January . This month just seems to be dragging on and on...

Good luck with the child-megathon Cragchick !

And the interviews Tricia - its them that's supposed to be nervous, not you !

Good running MrsMac, Elspeth, I'm surprised Elspeth let you stay in OH!!

Got out for a long run on Saturday (14m) between the horrendous rain showers, but lots of paths very flooded - glad I wasn't on the canal! Then down to Troon today, drove around the streets to see some of the houses again I was looking at from a different perspective, and check out the general areas etc, then a couple of miles walk on the beach, very windy and big waves .

Wavering between mad excitement about a new start during the day and shear bloody panic about selling my house - usually when I am lying in bed at night and your mind just wonders off and you cannot sleep ! Makes a change not being able to sleep through anxiety rather than noisy neighbours !

26/01/2014 at 18:11

Thank goodness you didn't get blown away Elspeth 

Did you get out too OH?

Get well soon tricia.

3 weeks on your own with the kids cragchick Thats got to be worth a large pressie

Its a huge thing moving house TP, exciting times ahead

Last day in our wee cottage and its been snowing all day. Did a 6 mile run up Glen Tilt and got drenched. Beautiful in the snow though. My ankle seems to be holding up well so very happy

26/01/2014 at 20:12
Tricia - hope the bugs clear up soon!

CC - long time to be alone indeed. Hope you keep your sanity!

TP - housewarming party in Troon then? Stressful business indeed! Well done on the long run in this weather.

Mrs mac - glad to hear your ankle is better, don't want to jinx it but would like to be running at an event with you this year! Peter was just saying snow would be better than all this wind and rain we've had this winter!

Horrible here today, wind and rain, been inside all afternoon, getting cabin fever now!
27/01/2014 at 13:41

Home sweet home

Elspeth, we've got  D33 and Loch Katrine to look forward to catching up at.......providing we both keep out of trouble until then

27/01/2014 at 14:29

I binned my early morning run yesterday becasue the weather was so bad.  Went out in the afternoon only to get drenched when the heavens opened at the 15 minutes mark.  (it actually felt like I had a stream running down my front) I decided to head home when the hail starting stinging my legs.  My usual route was blocked with some servere flooding and by the time i got back to the main road the sun was shining again.

In the end I stayed out for the hour - was exhilirating, exhausting and funny all at the same time couldnt stop grinning.  It takes a special sort of person to go running in the winter in Scotland

27/01/2014 at 18:07

You are not wrong Diamonds...and welcome to the thread .

Lol at thought of Elspeth and MrsMac keeping out of trouble , is that even possible?

Elspeth - might have to be a housewarming party in the form of a beach run, followed by cakes at the Lido café ? (The Lido has just re-opened after burning down a few years ago - it was known for its 'cosy roaring open fire' but I'm not quite sure that's what they had in mind when they lost the roof !). Really good to see it back open as it is quite a focal point / draw for the town.

8m today, windy but at least stayed dry for the duration. Then I officially signed my house onto the market - now I just need to await the visit from the surveyor to do the home report ! Scary stuff...

27/01/2014 at 18:07

MrsMac No distance done until today when I realised that SE gales were here to stay and I'd just need to get my butt outside the door.

A very slow 18 today battling against the wind most of the way 

Also got blown into barbed wire and killed my Montane jacket

A day running in Scotland indeed, diamonds2002!

els said there was no point lighting a fire tonight. The fire is nicely glowing now

27/01/2014 at 18:10

What no swim  at the Lido TP?! 

27/01/2014 at 18:16

OH - they have a bit of a 'proper' Lido on the seafront - well, its more of a paddling pool actually, but its probably better just to go into the sea !

Maybe in the Summer  I might be convinced to venture out for a paddle!

27/01/2014 at 19:35

Sea would do me whatever

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.