Scottish Runners

30,121 to 30,140 of 32,847 messages
05/01/2013 at 17:14
Oops appear to have left it a bit late to find s/c accommodation for Cape Wrath week
05/01/2013 at 18:30

now sorted, I think, with s/c just down the road in Balnakeil

Edited: 05/01/2013 at 18:30
05/01/2013 at 18:59

Alison, went as a supporter, was really stiff so definitely not up for racing. Went for a wee plod myself on return home though and legs feel a bit better  Bf came 5th in the race, there were about 150 or so entered.  Prassad Prassad won... by about 3 mins!!!

OH, just entered Cape Wrath... have entered all the races up to the week so won't be aiming for a PB then...  excited though!! Pricey enough mind you by the time you enter everything... and they want £25 for the ceilidh AND £12 for the tshirt!!! Yeah this will be a one off me thinks...

Gym and a run tomorrow. Half IM/Marathon plans kick in Monday.. eeshk!

05/01/2013 at 19:03

meant to say OH, think we'll be camping... seems to be £13 a night for the 2 of us... that seems reasonable, just have to hope its not too wet

05/01/2013 at 19:25

Camping on the north coast: brave!

06/01/2013 at 14:26

Hello everyone

Wow, great run from bf UTC Good luck with the start of IM training!

Superb 20 miles on the WHW yesterday Started in Tyndrum and ran to Victoria bridge and back. Back to work tomorrow

06/01/2013 at 14:29

Envious Mrs Mac - though had a good 21 miles in lovely lighting on the East side of Orkney and across the barriers. Didn't get light until 10am!

Legs feeling it today, not enough miles in last wee while.

06/01/2013 at 15:12

Well done UTC's bf. Good running Mrs Mac and Elspeth.

Just back from the cinema - saw 'Quartet' - recommend it.

06/01/2013 at 19:16

thanks, bf was pleased but feeling it today..... even so he went for a 4hr cycle with his cycle club! Nutter!!

I went for a Body Attack class (legs finally loosening off, not quite there yet but almost!) then a nice run around Kelvingrove park and the west end.

Went into town after and spent most of my christmas money. Got the 1st Kevin Bridges DVD (after getting the 2nd for c'mas), new dressing gown, new swimming costume and fins, and have ordered (as they didnt have my size) a new pair of x-talons (212) as I miss my inov-8s since I bought Salamons (which are now mostly used for hill walking as I find them heavy to run in). Looking forward to racing in them!!

Nice running Elspeth and MrsMac.

57.5, ach nothing like roughing it in Scotland

06/01/2013 at 19:56

Also, FFB I have put out the link for your race to my club, and it has also been put out to Glasgow Tri Club's FB page.

Bf is volunteering himself as a bike leader for the marathon leaders if required (or marshall or anything else). If not he says he'll do the 10k. Im still swithering between 10k and Half. Will enter asap.

06/01/2013 at 19:56

Hi all .  I am desperately wanting to get back into running . Was on here years ago as a not too bad runner but years later and a weight increase of 7stone made me very unhealthy and unfit . Last year I lost 3st but a lot to get rid of yet . 

What I wanted to ask is there any one on here who lives in Fife around the Cupar/Glenrothes area who would be willing to meet up and help me get back to running?  I can't do any running at the moment so it would be a kinda shuffle/walk . 

I am now a 59 (well in 4 weeks) grandma who wants to be slim and fit and running well by this time next year . I don't want to be a fat unhealthy 60 year old woman . 

Thanks for reading . 

06/01/2013 at 20:14

Evening

Welcome back Speedy G.

Good running UTC's bf and MrsMac and Elspeth .

Nice day yesterday, I needed 12.5 for a 70m week, so I did 14.2 just to be on the safe side .

Today I finally got out on the bike as planned, good Winter 50m route, very very windy, but luckily behind me on the way back. Met some time triallers over A77 route then turned off and did a circuit of the moors, they are expanding the windfarm yet further () and had totally trashed the single track road and surroundings over Darvill moor to the extent that you couldnt tell which was the road and which was the moor - no wonder I was the only cyclist up there . Anyway, that road is closed tomorrow when they restart the work, until end of March now  so I'm going to have to find somewhere else to cycle.....very disappointing, but at least I got todays in.

UTC - not so much the rain you will have to worry about - more the wind in Durness - I have seen people set up camp on that site and two days later they have all left  (and that included the camper vans!!) Still, the site owner has plenty of spare ropes for tying down tents, and if that doesnt work, there is always the youth hostel .

Waiting to see if my entry for Devil of Highlands has been accepted , its amazing what some expensive wine and a good Christmas dinner will do when it comes to recruiting a support crew !

06/01/2013 at 20:17

Evening

Welcome back Speedy G.

Good running UTC's bf and MrsMac and Elspeth .

Nice day yesterday, I needed 12.5 for a 70m week, so I did 14.2 just to be on the safe side .

Today I finally got out on the bike as planned, good Winter 50m route, very very windy, but luckily behind me on the way back. Met some time triallers over A77 route then turned off and did a circuit of the moors, they are expanding the windfarm yet further () and had totally trashed the single track road and surroundings over Darvill moor to the extent that you couldnt tell which was the road and which was the moor - no wonder I was the only cyclist up there . Anyway, that road is closed tomorrow when they restart the work, until end of March now  so I'm going to have to find somewhere else to cycle.....very disappointing, but at least I got todays in.

UTC - not so much the rain you will have to worry about - more the wind in Durness - I have seen people set up camp on that site and two days later they have all left  (and that included the camper vans!!) Still, the site owner has plenty of spare ropes for tying down tents, and if that doesnt work, there is always the youth hostel .

Waiting to see if my entry for Devil of Highlands has been accepted , its amazing what some expensive wine and a good Christmas dinner will do when it comes to recruiting a support crew !

06/01/2013 at 22:51

Did you suddenly start hating smilies TP? Nice mileage to start the year on bike and foot.

Jealous of Mrs Mac's run, no so much Elspeth's (I have bad memories of Kirkwall to St Margaret's Hope into a 'stiff' southerly!).

Re Scottish camping, I once only kept a tent up on the Moray coast by pulling the car up on the windward side and attaching most of the guy lines to the vehicle. And that was on a June weekend with pleasant weather other than the 'breeze'.

Welcome back Speedy G, hope you find some help in your quest.

06/01/2013 at 23:11

entry in for loch katrine. quite a forum meet . better start running some then....

07/01/2013 at 06:28

Morning and 3 Easy Miles. First run in over 2 weeks, due to taht cold/lurgy I had.

Speedy: Welcome back

Need to catch uop now.

Back to work today too...

07/01/2013 at 06:52

morning BM

run tonight with club for me. (hill reps).

1st day of marathon/half IM plan.

swim after run with club.

1 more week then off for a week.... cant wait!!

welcome back Speedy G.

07/01/2013 at 08:39

Morning all, yes Loch katrine will be quite a forum meet. UTC, I had not thought about a bike marshall for the lead runners, I was more worried about the 'tail end Charlies'. But you are right, cos if any of them get into trouble they will need a bike marshall. Happy for your OH to help out, but equally happy for him to enter, don't want to deprive him of a race  Thanks for passing on the link.

Welcome back Speedy G  Sorry, can't help as based in Glasgow.

07/01/2013 at 09:36

FFB I suspect I'll be bring up the rear by default!

07/01/2013 at 10:24

Ooooops! Sorry about the double posting - internet was playing up, and I actually didnt think it had posted at all  How odd.....

Rest day today.

After attempting to hold my tent down with massive stones in Stromness in 2008 I swore I would never camp again ! The tent has not been back out of the bag since .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.