Scottish Runners

30,141 to 30,160 of 33,377 messages
07/01/2013 at 16:20
07/01/2013 at 16:24

Did intend camping at on Durness Highland Games day as we passed though but thought of having no where to dry off (after "Hill Race") on a very wet day put us off and we found B+B.
We also arrived on the Sunday before the Cape Wrath Running Week when we measured wind speed at Balnakiel at 50kts. A few guys sought shelter away from the campsite that night.

Edited: 07/01/2013 at 16:26
07/01/2013 at 19:09

That's great mileage TP. I've never been near that in a week. You deserved a rest day

Nice bit of retail therapy there UTC

Hey Speedy, great to hear you're still around the forums and into this running lark

I don't mind the weather when camping in Scotland as much as the midgies.

Did a Kettlebell circuit tonight so no doubt I'll be in agony tomorrow

07/01/2013 at 19:58

You are right MrsMac. A gale does keep the midges down.

I have had a couple of lovely nights camping at Stromness, and what a view in the morning. I was just lucky!

08/01/2013 at 06:23

Morning

3 easy miles in smiry rain.

Mornng Tri

Right catch up properly now.

Midges !!!!!!!!!!

08/01/2013 at 06:44

morning BM

reps with club last night, wasnt the best session, struggled.

turbo this morning then run and swim tonight.

hoping the wind keeps the midges away yes, the midges on Jura last year were shocking

yes mrsmac, money all spent... just waiting on my shoes now

right, turbo time!

08/01/2013 at 08:56

Morning all, 26.5km on the soin bike last night. Run and some core and/or weights this evening. Good to be getting back into a routine.

08/01/2013 at 18:45

Midges are EVIL 

Agreed FFB, nice to get back to 'normal'

5 miles tonight and I was right, serious DOMS after the Kettlebells last night

08/01/2013 at 19:34

Really busy at work today.

I think Skye is the Midge Capital of Scotland.

08/01/2013 at 19:35

That was serious shopping UTC.

Anyone ever done the 'Run Garioch' half marathon or 10k? Thinking of doing the 10k this year.

08/01/2013 at 19:37

BM Glen Rosa on Arran takes some beating too
UTC Can't remember any midges in Durness in May (and I spent one morning marshalling on the moors). Probably a bit early even without the gales.

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 19:39
08/01/2013 at 19:45

Evening all

Ouch to the kettlebells MrsMac .

I have a couple of days free before my next work arrives, so I am attempting to keep the postive New Year momentum going and have been decorating my living room!

I already had the paint etc, but this was the last room I never got round to doing last year...and now I can see why . Anyone with Victorian tenement / high ceilings will know what I mean !!! Arms are knackered from rollering the walls.....gloss work tomorrow......then I need to move a 180litre fish tank and cabinet so I can paint behind it, which will require safely bagging all the fish then decanting the water (Holy Sh!t what am I doing????!!!!)..... I may be here sometime .

Happy training everyone....I may just take this next few days as cross training !

08/01/2013 at 19:49

Sounds like good cross-training TP!

adbru    pirate
08/01/2013 at 20:06

Hi Guys,

I see you guys still blether as much as always 

over 2000 miles a year !!  I bow to your greatness .....

did my 3 x 2milers last week then went to do my 3 mile lsr on Sunday, however life got in the way so I set off for a 3 mile trail run in the dark only to find the batteries in my headtorch were worse than useless !!
After a mile I just walked home and did the 3 miles yesterday instead.
So rest day today.... Its definitely easier to keep training than try to restart !! lol

Plan is now 3 milers this week with a 4 mile lsr at the weekend.

Enjoy your days fishing TP

08/01/2013 at 21:01

Given myself a target to aim for as I have just entered the Balmoral 10k on 27 April . I have done this a few times in the past so I know what I am letting myself in for . Now to get back into training . 

08/01/2013 at 22:15

Good luck to the bagged fish TP!

12 x 400m intervals for me today. I hate 400m intervals! Cue very sore calves tomorrow.

09/01/2013 at 06:09

Morning

57.5: That take sme back. Usually the last 4 were never ending reps.

Morning Tri

OH: Cheers for heads up. I really do need a race this spring/summer

09/01/2013 at 06:53

morning

swim last night went well (apart from the pool attendant telling me I am not allowed to wear silicone fins in the pool, despite them being designed for pool swimming, and I could probably do more damage with my feet!! I asked if I can wear them when its quiet.. was told no. I can only wear them as part of a club session??? I put  a complaint on their facebook page stating how ridiculous this was!!).

Run didnt go so well... overheating on the treadmill and legs still just feeling like lead. Only managed a couple of miles and gave up.

hoping to have better sessions today. 6 miles planned tonight, then swim. turbo this morning.

09/01/2013 at 08:42

Morning all. A wee 6 for me last night, but no additional xtrain session. So it will be weights, abs and a short spin tonight.

UTC, what nonsense about the fins. Hopefully justa case of attendant being overly officious

Good going TP. Definitely counts as xtraining

Great target SpeedyG. I am sure you can be ready for a 10k at end of April

09/01/2013 at 16:07

great article on scottish running guide for loch katrine event - http://scottishrunningguide.com/news.php/1587/katrine_the_great/full

this first week back at work is draaaagggggiiiiinnnnnggggggggg somewhat. Only Wednesday

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.