Scottish Runners

30,161 to 30,180 of 33,498 messages
09/01/2013 at 19:43

Thanks for the link longbow Posted on FB. First week back is awful eh?

Thats a good target Speedy!

Still sore today so resting tonight

09/01/2013 at 20:13

Yes, great article on the Scottish Running site FFB.

My husband has entered the Loch Katrine half marathon. I haven't as doing a 10 mile race a week before, but happy to be a marshal for half or 10k.

Good hilly 6 miles tihs evening.

09/01/2013 at 20:23

Thanks folks . I should mabags the 10k with a bit of luck . All except the dreaded hill . 

09/01/2013 at 20:23

Finally emerging from Christmas/New Year ... delighted to get kids back to school on Monday but feel like I've plunged straight back in the deep end!!!  Nice lazy start to Christmas break followed by a whistle-stop tour of parts of England after my New Year day dip in the sea at Findhorn ... down to Bristol to then stay with parents near Salisbury for a few days (fossil hunting at Kimeridge was fun), train to Coventry to see FIL for a couple of days then across to Luton to fly back with kids - phew!!!

Some running over hols but not as much as hoped. Oh well, back to it now. Taught two paying classes of pilates this week so I am officially a Pilates Teacher of sorts now

70 mpw - wow TP, fab going. LOL at the fish tank. First house with hubby was a Victorian place, well remember rollering high walls & ceilings and sanding floorboards only to cover up with rugs and block up air vents with newspaper as so draughty!!

Can I join in with the  please as I'm shattered too and it's only Wednesday ...

09/01/2013 at 21:51

evening

had a nice run tonight around west end... just over 10k and felt comfortable the whole way. seem to finally have overcome the muscle fatigue of the last couple of weeks. really enjoyed it, expecially after my disaster of a run attempt last night. didnt swim, as was later back than expected but can fit that in later in the week without too much of a problem..

great article on SRG

FFB, bf says he's not fussed about biking and or racing, whichever you feel is more necessary. We both have a 10 mile mud run the day before (demon run) hence (although I wont be racing that flat out, its more of a bit of fun for me), we both might be a bit sore and so that was why bf was thinking of the marshalling. Im definitely not ready for a marathon at that stage but still not fully decided on HM/10k. Think the 10k might be wiser but then they hurt just as much in different ways.

Hope you're not too sore MrsMac.

Yep the week sure is dragging in!! but I'm off next week so not so bad

10/01/2013 at 06:01

Morning 4M Steadily done.

Just looked out and its suddenly very foggy out here in Erskine !

Morning Tri.

10/01/2013 at 07:21

morning BM

pfft... is it only Thursday???

Turbo again this morning.

run and swim tonight if all goes to plan.

10/01/2013 at 09:01

Morning all. Yes really pleased with the article on Scottish running guide.

UTC - OK I will make an executive decision for you and request cycle marshalling from your OH.

Alison - yes please to the marshalling. There will 3 water stations needing manned plus turn points.

I suggest that you email me via this site and then we can exhcange emails and mobile numbers. Then nearer the time I will contact all my marshalls re allocation of duties. There will be vehicle access along the road for cars heading out to set up the water stations. Anyone who is based at Stronalacher at the top end would be best heading out on the B road from Aberfoyle.

10/01/2013 at 11:55

FFB numbers seem to be creeping up nicely now

10/01/2013 at 14:54

Hi OH - yes. Over 80 now.

Meant to say that note re messaging me was for both Alison and UTC.

Short run for me tonight. Quads a grumbling a bit though: probably the shock of 3 consecutive days of training

10/01/2013 at 18:22

FFB, thats fine, I think he'll enjoy it Bf not on here so I will relay the details, will email shortly.

A few of my club members say they've entered!! Yay!!

Off for a run now, then swim time!!

10/01/2013 at 18:57

That does sound hectic cragchick, no wonder you're tired

Lucky you UTC being off next week 

Great news your race is filling up FFB I can't wait!

Did a 5 mile cliff run by headtorch tonight, loved it

10/01/2013 at 19:29

Happy to report the 3 days of solid decorating is now over ! Fish all happily returned to tank and everyone seems alive, so all good at the moment . 18 x 10litre buckets out...... 20 back in .....(cos the external filter box temporarily packed in, so I had to change the water in that too!).

Lots going on on here so will need to read back to catch up properly .

Did notice the hectic Xmas travels for Cragchick though . And FFB's race is certainly picking up a pace - will be filling up soon I reckon . Need to pull my finger out and enter!

Back to running tomorrow at last, my lungs have had enough paint .

10/01/2013 at 21:21

Off south to visit the kids this weekend so got about 12 miles in today before I go.

Only time to get to Edinburgh, T is coming across from Glasgow on Sunday though.

Back in training next week. Really need to get fit before Katrine!

Sounds fun moving all those fish TP. Hope puss didn't get too involved.

11/01/2013 at 05:56

Morning catch uptime

11/01/2013 at 06:48

morning BM

have a nice time down south Elspeth

CC, that run sounds lovely....

Glad the decorating is done TP... dont envy you, hope the fish have continued to thrive

rest this morning, run and swim tonight.  bf off out with friends so have the place to myself

Happy Friday people!!

11/01/2013 at 07:51

Morning all. Wow cragchick, whirlwind

TP, we have high ceilings too and just to make it more difficult we use brushes rather than rollers  Glad I only have a bowl with a single fish (currently).

Decided not to train last night and so had a rest day. Training tinight though and tomorrow for my long, but when I say long it will only be 8 - 10 miles. Sunday we have to take baby FFB back to Edinburgh with her Christmas loot.

Watched the official Antarctic Ice marathon 2012 video last night. Apparently the 2 people that did the double event in 2011 did fine but ended up with mild hypothermia and had to be on IV fluids for 24 hours after

11/01/2013 at 09:48

woohoo to end of the decorating - very satisfying I am sure.

Head torch run on cliffs sounds like just my kind of run

Whoops to mild hypothermia and IV fluids, I am sure that WON'T be you when your times comes

Poorly boy home yesterday so no running (was too shattered myself to even get on treadmill) but lots of sorting out done at home (spring clean come early!!). But boy back today so best dash off before I get a call to say he's not so good again (horrible coughing viral thing I think - looking forward to getting that one!!).

UTC - tri training sounds like lots of juggling and hard work!!

Long run for me on Sunday me thinks, really need to start getting some proper longer runs in ...

11/01/2013 at 14:30

Afternoon all

Looks like some snow flurries forecast for the weekend, hoping it doesnt come to much, need some miles doing.......

Eeeek to more lurgy Cragchick ! Get well soon ill children (and don't give it to your mother) .

Happy holidays UTC .

No problems with the puss Elspeth - I put him outside whilst I did the fish in order to avoid any 'cat in the tank' comedy moments  . Actually, he has been very good through all this painting malarky, he doesnt seem keen on the smell of gloss, so has been keeping well away. Sensible boy!

Fish actually seem really lively . I normally wouldnt do such a large water change as it removes the 'good' bacteria from the tank, (I kept some of their old water to put back in and didnt clean the gravel to try to avoid this), but they seem to have really perked up . Main thing to avoid with tropical fish is big temperature fluctuations, so I bagged them in semi-permeable / breathable bags, then crated them in a polystyrene fish box, then they went under the radiator to keep cosy . Fish geeks corner . It will probably take about a week for me to know for sure they havent been stressed and picked up any disease like white spot etc.

10mile run today, legs did seriously not want to move for the first two miles ! Knee and hamstring on right very tight from kneeling down to paint the skirting boards.....no more of that for me for at least another 3yrs if I can avoid it .

Happy weekends everyone and good runs / safe travels to all out and about .

11/01/2013 at 18:12

Hope it doesn't snow too much at the weekend.

Resting this evening, then parkrun tomorrow, and long run Sunday.

Hope your boy's getting better cragchick.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.