Scottish Runners

30,241 to 30,260 of 33,580 messages
28/02/2013 at 14:12

Lovely day in Glasgow now the fog has cleared - had a good run, feeling the benefit of more rest days . Cat was waiting for me at the back door today - anyone would think I was predictable or something !

Looking forward to Loch Katrine races, hopefully this dry weather will hold out .

Nice haul there FFB, well done . Bizarro on the trousers though ! Don't they know a cosy rear is very important .

Just seen on the local news a long section of the Clyde walkway and retaining wall has collapsed into the Clyde - looks like a kind of soil erosion scenerio, nothing for the wall to hold onto so the whole lot has gone . It is right near the Kingston Bridge, which is a bit worrying! Doesnt say much for the state of the soil !!!

28/02/2013 at 18:52

Sounds like a nice wee haul FFB Very strange sounding trousers though, its my bahooky that gets the coldest

I'll defo be walking some (most!) of the hills at Loch Katrine longbow

TP, are you doing the marathon?

OH, where is Elspeth? Hope she's fighting fit and raring to go for Loch Katrine?

Gentle wee 6 miles tonight, ended up quite toasty! Has Spring sprung?!

28/02/2013 at 18:54

Yes cragchick, Nairn 10k. It always feels like a reunion race after the long winter. Is there ever a time Stannage isn't overrun by people?

28/02/2013 at 20:48

Pity about Nairn cragchick. There will be lots of those swift Forres men ahead of me, that I know.

Just signed up for the Commonwealth Games volunteering in the hope of fixing some teeth. Last night to volunteer apparently.

01/03/2013 at 06:09

4M Tempo run. Not bad, bit of a blow out .Dry, no wind or fog.

FFB: Belated congrats on getting HH kit sponsorship.

TP: I saw that used to do sessions along there until about 4 years ago ! Some collapse !!

01/03/2013 at 10:37

Morning all

Cragchick good luck with the spinning ! Know what you mean about Peak District car parks, notorious for getting stuff nicked - my parents had their car done over at Ladybower Res, luckily it was empty, but they still smashed a window. My flat mate when I lived in Sheffield had her car nicked from right outside our house , and we were in not a bad area .

MrsMac - Half marathon for me. Too close to my 'biggie' to do the full. Some crazy folk on the 100 thread are doing marathons this weekend as training, which is 'probably' okay if the body can take it , but I think 2 weeks before is too close to risk not recovering properly.

Spring has indeedy Sprung - off out to get some sunshine.

02/03/2013 at 08:12

Nice morning today. saw a cracking dawn, blues, reds, yellows. Quite mild too.

All the best to any racing.

02/03/2013 at 11:06

Beautiful day here. Not running though, as Arbroath race tomorrow.

02/03/2013 at 14:54

Quick tempo run today- very hard work after all the long slow ploddage in prep for the ultra in april.Am just not used to going fast enough to get out of puff!

TP - I am worried enough about recovery from a "training marathon" 4 weeks out from my ultra- deffo wouldn't do it 2 weeks before.

Glorious sunshine out, but still a cold bite in the wind. Hope it stays dry and bright , though, it's so spring- like! I might even have started to get a tan this am!

02/03/2013 at 16:56

Good luck all you weekend racers.

Rest day for me today, although did do a walk.

03/03/2013 at 11:15

eggyh - I've PM'd you about the lift offer- let me know.

All dressed up to go out ( and try to run off the hangover..............), and it's just started drizzling, bleurgh. THe weather forecast describes this as mist!- but mist stays still, and this stuff is definietly faling out of the sky!

Need to get motivated.

03/03/2013 at 15:14

Did the Arbroath Smokies 10 in just over 85 minutes - PB by just over 2 minutes, so very pleased. goody bag has a bottle of wine in it - at the finish, they say well dome, then 'red, white or rose?'. Very nice. Better weather here than in Glasgow it seems.

Didn't see Mrs Mac, but know her number, so will look for her result. 

03/03/2013 at 15:20

Well done Alison ! Wow, that is my kind of goody bag !

Hope you got a good run Tricia.

Cool and dry by me, perfect, and only a little wind. Good 14.5m done, feeling much better now I've cut back on the mileage and multiple lsr's, stronger, more energy....but I guess thats the whole point of doing it in the first place . Trick is knowing when to stop .

03/03/2013 at 17:29

Excellent weather up north and a huge turnout for my 'local' race the Nairn 10k. Good day for a quick time and I'm very happy with just under 37 mins. The mad ultra runner in me decided to warm up with 10 miles this morning (a VERY gentle 10 miles with dog) to get that authentic 'racing on tired legs' feeling .

Well done Alison. Will note that race for next year, great idea for a well earned give away!

03/03/2013 at 18:48

Alison, I was looking for you but didn't manage to spot you Well done on the PB I ran a course PB of 73.51 so well chuffed with that Drinking my 'wine' now - its a bit more like fruit juice without the kick

Glad you're enjoying your taper TP

57.5, that made me laugh out loud! Nutter Well done too

Hope you had a good run in the 'mist' Tricia

03/03/2013 at 20:41

well done Alison and 57.5!! Excellent times and a great PB Alison, although 57.5 you are officially mental!! 10 miles before a 10k??? and still finish sub 37?? flippin' 'eck that's impressive!!

hope your run went ok Tricia...

Nice tapering TP!!

I bailed on the GU 5 miler yesterday.. just wasn't feeling great and knew I wouldn't get a good time so decided to jog the course while bf ran. (Top 2 were both sub 25!!!) Bf sadly ended up pulling out with a pulled hamstring so he was a bit gutted He isn't too bad today though, and we managed a good swim at Stirling 50m pool then a cycle round Loch Katrine So hopefully nothing too serious, he is walking fine, think its just a pulled muscle and appears to be a bit better today! Beautiful day for cycling today!! Really fun but a bloody tough route... this is going to be 1 hard run next weekend!! No PB aims there then Feeling sorry for the marathoners already!! (Almost wish I was doing the half now actually as I wasn't able to get into Alloa or Inverness, although I am not ready to be honest) but need a half for April definitely... any recommendations??

Ok, shattered after today... off for an early 1... 

03/03/2013 at 20:53
Utc- balloch to Clydebank HM is on 14/04. Good one to consider.
03/03/2013 at 22:49

Evening all, UTC - do you want to do the half? I can swap you over if you want?

Some good racing this weekend.

I did 20 miles yesterday up at Loch Katrine. You would think I would be sick of the place by now  Anyway, managed a 3 min negative split

BTW a section of the A81 may be closed next week, so anyone heading up from Glasgow will need to do a small detour  or find a differnet route. QUite glad I went up this weekend and spotted the notice at the roadside. I will contact all the runners with the info.

Tested some of my HH kit. It was a bit warm for winter kit though. The shell jacket was comft and warm and there was no wind getting through it, but it has a couple fo polyester vent panels which could be problematic in Antarctica depending on the wind, so I think we will need to look at some alternatives. The racing light suit was really comfortable and wicked well, and had a surpisingly good level of insulation given how light it was. But again not sure if I will be able to use it in Antarctica.

04/03/2013 at 06:24

Morning you lot

4M Fartlek. Okay run. Dry with no wind.

Alison: Well done

57.5 The same to you. 10M before your race ! Hope your dog has recovered 

Morning Tri: Hope your feeling better.

04/03/2013 at 06:52

Feeling fine thanks BM... apart from having to go to work

Bigeater, cant manage BtoC as we only come back from our Tri camp in Mallorca the day before... and are driving to Manchester for a gig on the Monday.

FFB, I'll have a think. I honestly dont think I'm fit for it, but I'll have a think today if that's ok... there are 1 or 2 other options (Angus Half and Heaven and Hell in Scone)... 

Time to get ready for work in the mean time..

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.