Scottish Runners

30,241 to 30,260 of 32,843 messages
18/01/2013 at 06:23

Morning

4.5M Steadily done. No real bounce in my legs, felt kinda heavy. Cold, but dry out. No snow yet,

Morning Tri.

Catch up time now.

18/01/2013 at 10:47

Yikes. Chilly here this morning, 3 miles uphiller done this morning. No sign of snow (yet)

18/01/2013 at 14:09

afternoon...

fantastic swim this morning, longest I've ever done and well over the half IM distance and within the time. 2.4km, in 1hr 10. Limit is 1900m in 1hr 10. So I should be good, and that was with some lengths of kick/breast/back and pull buoy so obviously slower with them. Swim is really coming together....

Will be doing further weeks where bike is the big focus (when it gets a bit lighter at night etc) and also when running will be. Cant do everything...

Run shortly and climbing tonight.

Bf has had some news re-work, they want him to go to USA for 3 months in April then again in October.... decisions have to be made....

18/01/2013 at 14:58

Sounds good UTC.

I am hoping to get out for a short run when I finish work and if not I will jump on the spin bike.

18/01/2013 at 15:13

sounds good UTC. glad the swimming is coming along.

run last night was rubbish. didn;t wait long enough after dinner before heading out so only managed a slow 5 miles. given the wind was getting up and the temp was dropping it wasn't the happiest run.

no snow yet but wind is blowing a gale. meant to be covering tennis coaching at the club tomorrow as head coach is off to a wedding but given the way the weather is heading i'm not sure any of the courts will be playable.

18/01/2013 at 19:42

Good swimming Tri

19/01/2013 at 08:20

Five miles last night. Migraine has developed overnigh so trying to get rid of it so that I can get out for long run today. May need to postpone to tomorrow.

19/01/2013 at 11:24

morning FFB... (just)

hope the migraine settles. they can be nasty....

heading out very shortly for a longish trail run, cycling up to milngavie then run and cycle back. should be nice, cold but dry and fresh when out at the shop earlier so hopefully it stays that way!

hope the tennis coaching goes well LB!!

19/01/2013 at 12:48

A'noon

Snow just started out here in Erskine.

FFB: Hope you migraine goes , used to have them as a kid.

LB: Enjoy the tennis coaching.

19/01/2013 at 13:27

Migraine cleared enough to go for run: 10.3 miles in the bag, but last mile a bit iffy due to residual migraine symptoms.Tried out my new icebreaker kit. They sent me a baselayer pace top and a mid layer vest (and some socks which I did not try today). I already had some baselayer tights. So it all went on and a I had a nice toasty run.

19/01/2013 at 13:45

Ideal weather for Icebreaker kit FFB Hope thats the end of the migraine, well done for getting out.

We've still no snow BM!

Sounds good UTC, up the WHW?

Our club used to have blaes courts LB which meant they flooded if there was even a wee shower

Did a 16 mile run on the treadmill today I was only going to do a half marathon but Footloose started playing so it gave me a boost More a lesson in mind-training than anything else

19/01/2013 at 15:02

just about thawed out after the coaching today. we had one court playable and kids only turned up for 2 of the 4 classes we run on a saturday but given the weather that was a bit of a result.

MrsMac, our carpet courts cope okay with the rain (unless its torrential) but the frost has been a real problem. the club got some new salt/sand mix to use on the carpet and it has worked a treat on the court we tested it on.

need to get out for a run tomorrow as i'm way behind my half marathon training for Katrine. 50 days to go.

i still wear icebreaker clothes i bought in new zealand when we were there 9 years ago!! its brilliant. especially when free!!!

19/01/2013 at 16:56

Pleased the swimming is going well UTC. Hope the migraine has cleared ffb.

Quite a good turn out at our parkrun this morning, considering snowy conditions. I strained left hamstring near the end and had to walk a bit. Doesn't seem too bad now; hope to run tomorrow.

19/01/2013 at 17:21

Well done on all the runs, 16 miles on treadmill Mrs Mac - ugh! Maybe I should try it sometime!

You would need the icebreaker stuff today FFB - suspect you'll need more layers than that for antartic though!

Chilly run for us out with some of the group but then we split off and went along the coast from just south of Marwick Bay to Birsay, really lovely though very cold and fell a few times on slippery frozen grass. Back into the wind on the roads which wasn't quite so nice and very cold. 18.3 miles. Not planning to leave the fireside tonight!

19/01/2013 at 17:37

evening

yep through Mugdock MrsMac, some along theWHW... very nice. Very toasty in my new xmas thermal top and newly acquired (from a running friend, they didnt fit her) cycle leggings which kept me warm on the cycle up and back. Ran also with new shoes.. heels a bit sore now due to minor rubbing but nothing serious. A glorious day in Glasgow for a run.

Off to celtic connections tonight, Kila (an Irish band bf knows) are playing and a few from the running club are going so should be a nice night.

Long cycle, short run/swim tomorrow before returning to work Monday.

Nice miles Elspeth.

Respect to you MrsMac... I could never do that distance on a dreadmill....

FFB glad the migraine settled enough for a run and the coaching went well LB.

Hope the hamstring is ok Alison.

I need to go get ready now... have a good night people.

20/01/2013 at 03:51

Hope the hamstring ok Alison.

Good session UTC, and it was a lovely day for training in Glasgow.

Well done on the treadmill Mrs Mac, I remember the days when I used to do that.

Elspeth that sounds like a good session too.

Longbow coaching in this weather must have been freezing. Well done. I am sure you will be fine for Loch Katrine.

20/01/2013 at 07:19

up late FFB?

20/01/2013 at 10:14

Insomnia

Just discovered I have no clean kit  No recovert run, will have to go on spin bike instead

20/01/2013 at 14:28
Good 9 miler this morning. Longest run for a while but it was so cold. Or rather the wind was so cold. When I out of the wind it was a great day for running. Not too slippy either after the light dusting of snow overnight.
21/01/2013 at 06:58

morning...

yep  that wind was sooooo cold...  nice run in those conditions.

Hope your insomnia doesn't last FFB, I haven't been sleeping great of late either, keep waking through the night for what seems like forever, then am knackered when I need to get up.

Back to work today

Light snow fallen over night, roads look clear though so hoping I can still cycle to work. Might just go to gym tonight for classes and a swim if the weather is still so cold...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.