Scottish Runners

30,261 to 30,280 of 33,588 messages
21/01/2013 at 07:44

Morning UTC, another sleepless night, and like you knackered and wanting to sleep when it is time to get up  I suffer from insomnia periodically. Last time it a magnesium deficiency and I know that it is not that this time, so I am thinking stress. My brain just won't switch off: work is busy and I am not sure if my contract will get extended beyond march, sponsors for Antarctica, website for antarctica, antarctica what ifs, am I doing enough training, being fit for D33 is going to be a close thing, Loch Katrine organisation, avalanches and which hills is baby FFB in, other baby FFB getting portfolio together for art school entry submission .......

Anywa, a good weights and abs session yesterday and 25k on the spin bike. probably a rest day today with a few abs and some focused strethcing/yoga.

21/01/2013 at 09:31

Morning all.

Managed a 10 mile run yesterday. Chilly but great conditions.

2.5 miles to work whilst snowing this morning, not so pleasant.

Hope the bout of insomnia disappears FFB, it is not much fun

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

21/01/2013 at 17:42

Good running Grant. Pretty wild here - biting wind, and snowing as I walked home from work.

Off to Pilates soon.

22/01/2013 at 06:41

Morning, snowing lightly outside,

Morning Tri

An active rest this week as we are dog sitting a neighbours black Labrador ! Same age as Geordie so plenty of walks this week !!

22/01/2013 at 06:48

morning

nice running Grant. I did end up going to the gym last night instead of club run, it was just tooooo cold!!

Turbo this morning and run and swim tonight hopefully.

Hope you enjoyed Pilates Alison.

FFB, sounds like you have a lot on your mind... I dont actually know why I haven't been sleeping too well... although I do appear to have a bit of a cold this morning (despite a relatively good sleep last night!).

Hope everyone has a  good day

Where's BM by the way???

22/01/2013 at 06:50

ooops there he is!!

22/01/2013 at 07:53

Morning all. Better sleep last night. Run for me tonight after work.

22/01/2013 at 09:09

morning. wasn;t planning on running this morning but woke up early enough to go. was fooled into thinking that it was mild outside by the lack of wind but as soon as i stepped outside i realised my mistake. blowing a bloody gale but persevered anyways and actually quite enjoyed the run. wasn't too much slower than usual.

22/01/2013 at 09:49

No running for me today Weather is ok but tendon at the back of the knee is sore so a couple of days rest to be on the safe side

22/01/2013 at 10:57

Well doen Longbow for persevering.

Jeezo, asked Asda to donate £98 worth of bottled water for Loch Katrine in return for branding on numbers and on my odyssey website and got a knock back. Seriously  They probably get 10x that value shopfited from Toryglen every day.

How do people get free stuff?

22/01/2013 at 19:21

Hi all

Anyone from The North-East or up in Orkney as I  was wondering what people favourite races in the NE and Orkney are?

I have done Lumphanan 10k detox twice and really enjoyed it and also balmoral 10k once and enjoyed it also. I plan to do the crathes half marathon this year in september but will be spending my summer in Orkney so was wondering what races are there that i could do that folk recommend

Cheers.

22/01/2013 at 19:23

Short run this evening. Snow here is slushy now. Thigh a bit achey, but not too bad.

Very mean of Asda ffb.

22/01/2013 at 20:06

That's terrible FFB A company that size?

Hiya George There is an Orkney bunch on here who'll be along soon no doubt to tempt you with races

Did 800 m reps on the treadmill tonight and actually ENJOYED it?!

22/01/2013 at 22:13

Pretty grim run this evening. Only 4 miles and enegy low, bu then I have just fasted for 2 days

22/01/2013 at 22:33

We have snow (eventually) - 11 mile slow plod today but including track over Wideford Hill

Orkney Races
Kirkwall 10k around Easter
Flotta 10k Late May
Hoy Half Mara (The Big One) June 18
(entry opening soon and always booked up quickly)
Stromness 10k July
Wideford Hill Race August
Kirkwall HM (low key) August
Rousay HM (low key) August
Dounby 10k september

Also Bis Geos 12 mile alternate years (but not this year)

across the water:

Cape Wrath Running Festival May
Castle o'May 10k
Loch Ness Mara and 10k end of September
Fraserburgh HM November
Elgin HM 

... and more that Elspeth may add

22/01/2013 at 22:41
Thanks. I may try the stromness 10k. Hoy maybe too soon for me but will try next year if not this year. The August ones are probably going to be next year unless early August.

What like is flotta 10k?
22/01/2013 at 22:46

Evening. Busy times here. We have a little snow but nothing significant. Is pretty and not disrupting roads etc. Main benefit of the freezing temperatures is that the coastal path is all frozen so much easier to run / bike on!

No running here since orienteering on Saturday. Grumpy peroneal tendon (self-diagnosed!) which seems to be improving I hope. Have been on MBK yesterday and today about 10 miles each time.  Perhaps another bike tomorrow ... maybe even see if I can keep away from trainers all week!!! Am falling back in love with my ancient, if knackered mountain bike though but very pished off with disruption to what was good training

23/01/2013 at 06:36

Morning

Walking dogs in lightly falling snow.

Catch up time soon.

23/01/2013 at 08:03

OH - you missed one in March

Cragchick, sorry to hear that.

Another run for me later, and hopefully better than last night as I am eating today

23/01/2013 at 08:05
Flotta 10k is undulating coastal circuit of Float with bun feast to follow.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.