Scottish Runners

30,281 to 30,300 of 33,498 messages
24/01/2013 at 08:43

Morning you lot

Day off work today. Dog walked earlier, so waiting for younger son to leave for school.

24/01/2013 at 09:09
24/01/2013 at 09:23

Morning all, OH you remembering your entry to Loch Katrine

I was a bad bunny last night: no run, but I did do a weights and circuit session. Night off tonight as I have a meeting after work.

Good old Tunnocks are providing Caramel Logs for Loch Katrine  It also looks like Teko are going to provide my socks  for Antarctica.

24/01/2013 at 10:41

FFB - indeed I have. It's this thought which drags me out at the present

List was not a personal race plan but answer to GeorgeP's request for races in NE or Orkney - It would be stretching it to classify Loch Katrine as being in  NE

Personal list so far for this year is
Loch Katrine
Cape Wrath Running Festival
Hoy HM
Langdale HM
Snowdon Marathon

with some of local races depending on on call and other clashes

24/01/2013 at 12:23

Taking Miss B to Indoor Athletics on Saturday. Both of us are looking forward to it.

24/01/2013 at 21:34

Hurray to Tunnocks and Teko

That'll be good BM

7 miles tonight....outside!

25/01/2013 at 11:40

Hi everyone,

I'm so sporadic on this forum.  I've gone and read back a week but not the 2 months I've missed, so apologies in advance for when I (inevitably) put my foot in it!

I hope everyone is doing okay.  I haven't seen any of you out and about for a bit - although Tri: were you at park run last Saturday?  I saw someone who I thought was you, but she wasn't very close and I didn't see her after the race.  Possibly not, as it sounds like you're really going for the Tri events.

FFB - you sound pretty stressed and worn out!  Are you getting any time to relax? 

I've been running quite a lot lately.  I'm almost scared to jinx it, but I'm 7 runs from completing Jantastic!  I don't feel massively fitter for it, tbh, but at least I haven't stagnated over January as I might have done.  Also, a friend persuaded me to put in for Lochaber.  It didn't take much persuading, actually... I was feeling a bit down one day, and she suggested it and it just seemed like the right thing to do.  Anybody else doing it this year?  I am going to aim to go under 4, but we'll see...

I had planned to do Buchlyvie this weekend, but that has been cancelled due to poor weather.  Greenock next weekend instead.

OH - there's some impressive looking races in your plan.

25/01/2013 at 17:37

Welcome back IJ.

Lots of snow here today. I was planning to rest anyway. 5 miles yesterday.

Have a good weekend everybody.

25/01/2013 at 18:43

Evening

MrsMac :Looking forward to the athletics tomorrow

25/01/2013 at 19:39

Have fun BM

Well done Ian on the running streak, especially given the recent weather

I left work at lunchtime today because of the weather but it was just raining when I got home, oops 20 miles planned tomorrow. Have a great weekend all

26/01/2013 at 08:35
Thank you, mrs mac and Alison. Today I am contemplating a hungover park run. Good luck with 20 miles!
26/01/2013 at 08:40

Morning

ian: Enjoy the hangover run

MrsMac; Hope you have a good 20miler.

Morning Tri when you're about.

26/01/2013 at 09:39

Welcome back IJ. Yes, typical of me to take so much on.

About to head out for my long run although at 12 - 13 miles it is not that long. Did 15 miles on spin bike last night. It shoud have been a run but I wimped out.

Hope everyone's park runs and training goes well.

26/01/2013 at 13:09

Just back from run. What a gorgeous day if a bit treacherous with the ice. I misjudegd the route a bit so a bit short of what I had hoped but still added 1.5 miles onto last week's run. Sneaked in just under the 12 miles.

26/01/2013 at 15:52

Hi  hope you all had good runs.

Just over 20 miles for me today but I thought it was warmer than it was when I decided to go with 3/4 leggings - strong winds rain and hail made it hard in bits. Still a good run overall.

Nice to see Katrine plans coming along FFB. 

Fire lit for hopefully a warmer evening!

26/01/2013 at 16:21

3/4 leggings Elspeth? In January?? Hope you're all cosy by the fire

How did the hangover run go Ian?

Nice one FFB

Had a great 20 mile run today, slow and steady. Ran along the cliffs which was very muddy in parts but it all adds to the fun

26/01/2013 at 16:33

Think it's just the thought of Loch Katrine that gets us out at the moment.
18 miles for me today mostly along same route as Elspeth but missing out one loop (so I could catch up). Certainly hard in parts especially the straight into the wind at about 13miles .
Well that should ensure my usual position at XC tomorrow

Also I had a new PB today
 - a cold water PB however not a running PB - sea swim at 2°C (water) today.
I think all our snow has all gone into the sea!

Run along cliffs sounded good MrsMac

Edited: 26/01/2013 at 16:35
26/01/2013 at 19:50

Evening

Busy today. on here.

OH: Well done on pb. They all count.

Great afternoons athletics had by MissB and I. She met Lynsey Sharp and got her pic taken with her. Bernard Lagat was superb in mens 3000m, we saw a mens good High Jump and womens pole vault and at the end a cracking Mens 60m and 600m

26/01/2013 at 20:38
Hi, I was also at the emirates arena today and it was really enjoyable. Agree with lagat, superb. My daughter got photo with holy bleasdale and Paula Radcliffe and loads of autograghs, think Lynsey sharp was her favourite because she does 800m also.
Lovely arena but not a patch on the kelvin hall for atmosphere.
Edited: 26/01/2013 at 20:41
26/01/2013 at 21:44

Bigeater:Glad you enjoye dit too. Thats a good point re Kelvin Hall for atmosphere.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.