Scottish Runners

30,301 to 30,320 of 33,390 messages
27/01/2013 at 08:46

Morning all. Hopefully a shoret recovery run for me and some strength work today.

Some good runs yesterday and sounds like agood day for all those at the arena.

27/01/2013 at 15:39

Wet and windy since about 6pm last night !

27/01/2013 at 15:59

Wow its was windy. I now remember why I usually do my recovery session the bike. That was a pathetic and slow run run which I turned into a fartlek and drills session in order to save some dignity.

Saw TP battling her way up Fenwick Rd in a headwind with the sun in her eyes.

27/01/2013 at 16:10
Ah Scottish weather, got battered with wind, rain and very sore hailstones this morning during my 12 miles then the sun came out in the last mile..... Typical!
27/01/2013 at 16:46

Just back from my run. About 7 and a half miles. Very wet and windy. How is it than when you run a circular route, the wind is against you all the way - is it peculiar to Scotland?

27/01/2013 at 20:38

Ha ha, funny that isn't it Alison?

Well done guys for braving the wind & rain. I opted for a recovery run on the treadmill I'm afraid

27/01/2013 at 22:54

Yes, Alison, that always seems to be the way of it.

28/01/2013 at 09:14

Morning all. Managed a 3 mile run to work after a week off. Had a terrible allergic rash covered in spots from head to toe. Not nice, but now disappearing and feeling quite a lot better,

Hope everyone had a great weekend

28/01/2013 at 14:50

Day off meaning 10 blustery miles, going to be a windy week up here!

Enjoyed marshalling at the cross country yesterday, have talked myself into running it next season, windy but sunny, lots of mud and a bun fight afterward (end of season presentation).

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Loch katrine now

Where's 57.5 gone to???

28/01/2013 at 15:18

Out of curiosity, does everyone else on here understand Els's use of "bun fight" above?

I used that term in the office this morning and no one understood me - they took it literally to mean throwing buns at each other

Gentler week coming up for me (work imposed)

28/01/2013 at 21:54

evening

sorry have been a bit awol the last week... had a lot on with training and work and a few other things. good mileage going on here. I've been continuing with the swim progress and have had a few good cycles and runs. Work has been a bit mental too.

Welcome back to IanJames... it wasn't me you saw at Parkrun though... I haven't done a Parkrun in months. Need to rectify that situation but my weekends have become a bit precious and the idea of trapesing over to the other side of the city is a bit annnoying especially with the recent weather.

FFB hope your stress levels come down soon!!

Swim tonight, good session, seeing real results with speed Run tomorrow and another swim

29/01/2013 at 08:19

morning

Turbo this morning... Verrrrrry hot...... 

swim and run still planned for tonight.

hope everyone is well.

29/01/2013 at 19:50

Good training UTC.

Windy here again. Did 5 miles, very slowly.

29/01/2013 at 21:45

Opted for the bike tonight, which was a pain as I had wanted to run. No run tomorrow as I am going to the hairdresser.

30/01/2013 at 10:55

Wet  and WINDY here (50kts gust well over 60kts)

30/01/2013 at 20:26

Quiet on here...

Wild and windy here too. Wimped out and did 10 x 400m on the treadmill

30/01/2013 at 20:29

3 odd miles was enough in the wind and rain for me!

Quiet indeed!

31/01/2013 at 06:56

morning

lots of work on this week so no training last night, didnt get home from uni til 9.30pm... and looks like the same tonight... well done to those running in this weather!!

31/01/2013 at 15:25

well at least there was no wind this morning. torrential rain more than made up for it though. sometimes think we all need our heads read for going out in weather like we've been having lately. got thoroughly soaked through this morning but managed my 6 miles.

by my reckoning its 38 days till loch katrine. got quite a bit of training to fit in before then....

31/01/2013 at 18:59

is TP ultra-ing this weekend? Sorry, been busy and distracted here so missed lots I am sure!!

bun fight - free-for-all, bit of a bundle?  That's my understanding anyway

Ankle niggling still so have been mbking a fair bit and not a lot of running, clip-ins for the first time for me this week ... all going fine until today, small mishap and I stacked it and managed to smack my chest bone against the end of the handlebar - don't recommend that one for sure.

XC Master championship in Forres this Saturday, am meant to be running but was going to hold off due to ankle, am thinking I may just strap it up and go for it anyway!!! Some big names like Angela Mudge so will be a good spectate anyway I am sure.

No wind here today, strange dead calm after the last 48 hours of howling gales.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.