Scottish Runners

30,321 to 30,340 of 33,342 messages
31/01/2013 at 20:03

Well done for getting out longbow I don't mind the rain so much but I HATE running in the wind!

Is it still wild up your way Elspeth?

Thats a shame you're still struggling with your ankle cragchick Do you know what you've done? That'd be great to see the great Angela Mudge in action

Did a wee 4 mile trot tonight to loosen of a niggly hamstring - seems to have done the trick. Got 22 miles on the Cateran Trail planned for Saturday

31/01/2013 at 20:15

No it's really calm today Mrs Mac after a wild day yesterday, due to be fine until Sat and then build up to another gale on Monday. 7 miles done with our group tonight, 22 miles sounds good going!

CC - hope your ankle settles down. Ouch to the bike handlebar!

31/01/2013 at 21:19

22 on the Cateran trail sounds lovely, I am very envious.  It's the peroneal tendon I think, just got really irritated after I did a bit of mad weeks training - all off-road. In hindsight a speedy 8 miler that included a boulder strewn coastal section and hill reps, followed by an 18-miler two days later, and then the Ben Rinnes yomp and a load of other stuff just blew the lid on it I think.  Strangely it's suddenly feeling way better tonight. Have made appt with osteopath for next week - think I'll need it for the fallout from the MBK today if not the ankle it was originally booked for!!

Elspeth - seems you have similar weather to us at the mo.

Hmmm - not feeling confident about a Fling start, let alone a finish at the moment, the weeks of training are ticking on by and still haven't managed anything further than 18 so far!!

Edited: 31/01/2013 at 21:19
01/02/2013 at 20:15

Evening

Lots to catch up on.

01/02/2013 at 20:38

Better weather here too; much less windy. Nice run this evening, just under 5 miles.

Hope the ankle problem isn't too seriuos cragchick.

02/02/2013 at 08:16

Morning cold and frosty on ehere in Renfrewshire

All the best to those doing the Renfrewshire 5M Road Race tomorrow. My old 'stomping ground'.

02/02/2013 at 10:23

Snow here in Aberdeenshire and went for my first run this year, I forgot how much the cold air saps your lungs. Still at least thats my first run done of the year even if only 5k.

02/02/2013 at 10:35

morning... coursework (again) done for a while... so should be back in the land of training... last couple of days have been a bit lax due to spending evenings in uni...

climbing after work last night though so good times there!

BM, is that the Greenock 5miler?

Off out on the bike today with bf... looking forward to it

02/02/2013 at 11:33

Got back from ski trip on monday ( day later than planned......thank you  BA)- lugage arrived tuesday. Week fromhell at work, BUT did manage to run 6 times ( tready) while away, and have meneged a caouple of short ones at the gym this week- so hopefully I can just get right back into it- got to really, 36 (?) days to LK, and only just under 2 months to GE double!

Previously I have suffered after ski-ing, butI'm hoping this will be different, only thing is I've got a real shoulder problemjust came on the day after the (very long) flight- it hurts when I run, but havve seen physio, and it's on the mend.

02/02/2013 at 11:43

good 10 miles this morning. surprisingly cold but no wind thankfully!!

hope the skiing was good Tricia.

02/02/2013 at 13:25

Hi Tricia - I'm in the same boat, really needing to get some long runs in in the next 2 weeks. Couldn't quite face it today though so only 16 miles. No idea why but legs weren't co operating. Cold north wind blowing though not very strong yet.

Sunny now though but a wee bit of slushy stuff underfoot.

Were's TP?

02/02/2013 at 17:03

We had the north wind too Elspeth, freezing! 16 miles is a long run

Ended up our route was only just over 20 miles today but it was pretty hilly. Still lots of snow about too, knee deep at times so it was 'interesting'

02/02/2013 at 17:29

afternoon...

oh dear MrsMac... knee deep?? Im so glad the snow didnt come to much here!

Gorgeous day here in Glasgow although apparently icy around areas Lennoxtown etc.. we went south along A77... gorgeous, no ice, no cars, some good drill work done on the cycle lane (yes an actual proper, car free, pothole free cycle lane!!!!), fantastic!!! Around 35 miles, so building distance again... could easily have carried on, but I got a puncture so after change of tube we knew we had no spares so didnt want to keep going too far out. New tyres will sort those problems out (tyres are very worn) on Tuesday and wont be cycling on the road bike (other than turbo) til then so all good. Looking forward to some more good training tomorrow.

Went to a lovely wee cafe for lunch (bike cafe on dumbarton rd-also a bike shop/workshop, bike stands for your bike when you stop by!).Perfect as we had no locks with us!!! Nice lunch and new purple cycling gloves to finish off my christmas money.

Scotland not looking good in the rugby here

Elspeth.. erm 16 miles is long in my book

03/02/2013 at 08:47

Morning

Tri; Yeah it is a 5 Miler on the road. Starts/Finishes in Battery Park

03/02/2013 at 14:42

Elspeth- 16 miles is not to be sneezed at. I managed 17 today- very windy, little bit of a struggle, but instead of grinding to a near- halt, I perked myself up by doing some "strides" whenever I was dragging my ass in the last 6 miles- it seems to get you going again ,and I eventually manged most of the last bit at marathon pace. Happier now- think I'm fine for the LK marathon- but the GE double is a really scary prospect- only 8 more LSR's to go- I need to build up my distance a good bit from where I am at present. Arghhhhhhhhh.

03/02/2013 at 19:06

Enjoyable run today. Just over 9 miles, hilly. Away next weekend. Probably will manage some running, but not very much. 

04/02/2013 at 06:36

Morning

My first run in 2 weeks and got soaked.

Some good training going on

04/02/2013 at 07:46

Morning all, a bit absent over the last few days. last week was not a good training week: a bit of a write off in fact, and the weekend was just uber-frustrating with a failed mission to get shoes and a failed trip to loch katrine to do some measuring etc. Grrrr.

Anyway, new week. I see a few people are languishing a bit. I really need to get a shift on and get my mileage up.

04/02/2013 at 07:52

Oh, forgot, finally a website It still needs a few tweaks (banner to be animated with other images, a link still not working, and need to link to FB which is proving tricky for some reason) But here we go .... Antarctic Odyssey

04/02/2013 at 08:14

morning FFB, BM.

been out for a run this morning, just a quickie.. and it was windy but dry, not any more it would seem, and I need to leave for work

will have a look at your site tonight FFB.

reps tonight with club.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.