Scottish Runners

30,341 to 30,360 of 33,585 messages
04/02/2013 at 17:34

hello all well so much for the training i was suppose to do last month it went right out the window.only ran twice  but to be honest the thought of running was the last thing on my mind  i mentioned that my dad was in an out of hospital the last month has been a real effort and sadly he passed away on the 20th peacefully. hopefully be back running soon

04/02/2013 at 17:58

Very sorry to hear that Remoh . Hope you can get back to running soon.

Hello again! Yes, I'm back .....major computer issues over the last few weeks but have managed to get myself a replacement sorted and some new Office software at not too much expense. Been keeping up with you lot sporadically, but not been able to post .

Well done on getting the website up FFB - I thought that was you out the other week when you said hello, but tbh I couldnt see anything at all with the wind and sun -  all I saw was a pair of legs as you got nearer , no idea it was you until you spoke .

Did 80m last week, all systems go , having a much lower week this week for recovery and more rest days. Been looking in trepidation at Thames Trot 50 thread - they went ahead and raced at the weekend but had lots of road diversions and wading through knee deep water !!! Really hoping they get some better / drier weather down there by the end of March - I didnt sign up for 100 miles of wading .

Take care out in the snow and gales everyone.

04/02/2013 at 18:08

Remoh -sympathies.

TP - welcome back, very quiet on here! That's some mileage you're doing. Sounds like you need a boat!

Grounded with a horrible cold last couple of days, can't wait for it to go!

FFB - couldn't get on your website this morning.

04/02/2013 at 19:52

Antarctic Odyssey (co.uk not .co.yk)

04/02/2013 at 20:57

Thanks OH, thought I was being daft

So sorry to hear about your Dad Remoh Take care x

Get well soon Elspeth

That's a great mileage TP. Not long now...

7 mile 'recovery' run yesterday - far too fast (for me)! Working late tonight so rest night for me.

04/02/2013 at 21:12

Condolences Remoh.

Welcome back TP.

Sorry about the typo with the URL doh  Antarctic Odyssey 

04/02/2013 at 21:29

Antarctic Odyssey sounds an amazing (if not crazy) thing to do. I wish you all the best with it and look forward to following your progress, glad to hear money going to Alzheimer Scotland, Who I know do a lot of good work accross Scotland.

04/02/2013 at 22:33

evening

condolensces remoh....

had a look at your site FFB, great stuff!!!

argh missed reps tonight, so ended up on bike, although I did get a wee run in this morning so not the end of the world.

swim and run tomorrow, and hopefully bike as well.

welcome back TP!!

bed time at this end.

04/02/2013 at 22:36

oh meant to say, careful commuting tomorrow... I could barely see through the horizontal sleet cycling home tonight while fighting the wind... crazy conditions!!!

04/02/2013 at 22:44

Also requires the http://

05/02/2013 at 06:26

Morning from a snowy Erskine Nice run on freshly fallen snow

Okay so i'm a big kid running in snow

Morning Tri

Remoh: Sorry to hear your news.

Be careful commuting out there you lot.

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 06:32
05/02/2013 at 07:19

morning BM

lovely wee run this morning, crunchy underfoot!!

much better than commuting last night!!

05/02/2013 at 08:23

Morning all. Opted for a spin last night.

Had an Ok journey into work this morning, not much snow at all really,some roads better gritted than others. I had a couple of wee slips but that that is mainly because I drive a ridiculous performance (Focus ST) car that has a wide low wheel base which has next to no road holding in the snow.

05/02/2013 at 16:05

Hi All.

I'm not sure if this is right place to post but I couldn't think of anywhere better.

I've just moved from Inverness to Kirkwall where I'll be working for the next 6 months. This coincides with me training for my first ironman at the end of June. I'll obviously trying to get in plenty of swims, cycles and runs in - my first two days here haven't had the most promising weather!

I wondered if there are any running or cycling (sorry to post on a running forum) groups/clubs in the Kirkwall area?

Richard

05/02/2013 at 16:43

If i remember correctly from last summer there is a running club which meets at the Pickaquoy Centre in Kirkwall I think on Tuesday nights. I believe there is/was also a triathlon club based at the Pickaquoy Centre. Hopefully there is someone who can give more info as It will be interesting for me to as I am going to be staying in Kirkwall from end of April till mid August.

05/02/2013 at 16:58

Richard - we have a running group which meets Thurs 6pm at the Picky centre, mainly at the gentler end of the spectrum but lots of speedier runners around if we dont' fit your bill. I can also put you in touch with some of the triathlon club members if you come along (not a triathlete myself).

The weather is not usually quite this bad!

05/02/2013 at 18:36

Internet finally connected. Lots of reading to catch up on!

05/02/2013 at 20:03

Despite the weather (gusting 60kts), managed to get a 20+ in.
Now beginning to feel I might complete the course at Loch Katrine

FFB Hopefully the "spin" was in the gym rather than the snowy roads.  Have a more modest performance Ford Focus which I don't find too bad in the snow (for a 2WD road vehicle). Just keep your foot off the throttle

05/02/2013 at 21:13

Briefly snowing here but its all gone again

Treadmill intervals tonight finishing with 400m reps @ 6.40min/mile. Ouch

05/02/2013 at 21:21

A good 6.5 miles this evening. How lovely to be able to get most of my run in the light.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.