Scottish Runners

30,361 to 30,380 of 33,588 messages
05/02/2013 at 21:30

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, I can't make Thursday this week as I'm working but I'll certainly aim to be there next week. What sort of distances do you run on Thursdays?

05/02/2013 at 22:06

RichardH - usually about 5 miles at this time of year a bit more as days grow longer.

06/02/2013 at 05:34

morning

up early for extra turbo and run. good swim last night.

OUCH indeed MrsMac... 400/800 reps are the work of the devil

06/02/2013 at 10:51

Fab intervals Mrs Mac

On the bench for me at the moment, obviously twisted ankle at some point (although it never swelled up). Went to osteo yesterday and she was hopefully a couple more weeks and then try some running again but bruise coming out below ankle bone today - am trying to take that as a positive that something is happening!!!! Well hacked off though . Turbo trainer in a mo for something to stop the legs twitching!

06/02/2013 at 17:37

Well have met Richard - poor man will have to work with me for the next 6 months!

Still blustery out there but a late afternoon 8m iles better than nothing after a lazy week, blaming a bad cold.

CC - not such good news.

06/02/2013 at 19:30

Finally caught up reading back and found some time to post.

Looks like Kirkwall is suddenly the favourite place on the forum. Don't believe Elspeth by the way Richard, Orkney's weather is quite often that bad . But always clears up by the Hoy Half in June .

Looks like my internet free month has made me too late to run Loch Katrine Half on my next trip south. Maybe I should spend the weekend on the Fling course anyway as my last time on it was 1984... So far I'm not doing a convincing impression of an ultra runner this year with tonight's 9.5 miler my longest since Jan 1st. G2E might not be a good idea this year. Having a house 5km from work is going to be a good incentive to run twice a day however and with it light at 5pm (and hopefully some better weather) I can lengthen the basic commute. Long runs are still looking like a chore right now though .

06/02/2013 at 23:33

That is the numbers and medals ordered for Loch Katrine

07/02/2013 at 06:23

Morning you loy

Morning Tri

3.5M Steadily done. Cold and dry so far the forecast I think is snow later.

07/02/2013 at 07:07

morning BM

rest this morning and last night - really bad day at work with no break so was exhausted and have got up with a headache of the tiredness variety.

aaah FFB can I still enter the 10k?

CC hope the ankle clears up...

07/02/2013 at 12:48

Yikes, UTC  It is a bit full. The waiting list is open. Get yourself on the list and I will see what i can do, especially since you volunteered your partner for marshalling. Would he still be able to do that?

07/02/2013 at 14:20

Decent run this morning, no wind and no snow yet .

Good to see you back 57.5.

Ouch Cragchick, hope your ankle gets better soon.

Nice one on the medals FFB - I do like a medal after a race (and a tunnocks wafer) .

Must get back to work - got a client breathing down my neck for their sample results - honestly some folks want the results back before they have even posted you out the work . Of course, if they had actually got them to me when they promised rather than 3 days late, they would have the results by now .

Happy training all.

07/02/2013 at 19:25

No snow arrived then ! despite teh forecast.

07/02/2013 at 20:30

Nothing for me today, no treadmill incline walking and no turbo efforts ... a wee walk on the beach near the lighthouse at Lossiemouth ...

Heading South to Gatwick tomorrow eve with kids to meet hubby and heading to La Plagne for weeks skiing - first proper family ski holiday - eek. 

Am hoping I don't have a stress fracture of the 5th metatarsal, seems to ache when I'm wearing shoes but is fine when walking barefoot ... sigh ... Will have to see how is when I get back - feel like I've gone from firing on all cyclinders to falling apart spectacularly in the space of one month!!!!

07/02/2013 at 21:40

evening

feeling much better after decent swim tonight, was sooooooo tired after work last night and this morning.... but glad I did something as it was another crazy day in work and would have been easy to bail and sit on my proverbial all night. Swim times have really come down lately too. Still have some work to do on technique though.... doubt I'll ever be an Ellie Simmonds or a Becky Adlington somehow..

Hope the foot is ok CC... take it easy!!!

FFB name entered onto reserves... cant believe I forgot, have been so busy. Bf is still happy to marshall though!!

Still tired tonight so early one and run in the morning.

Devils Burden relays at the weekend! Hoping I manage but I did enjoy it last year so should be good!!

07/02/2013 at 23:03

UTC - I will get you in, don't worry. Look out for email inviting you to pay.

08/02/2013 at 07:42

morning

Thanks FFB!!! I'll keep checking for the email!!

Feeling much less tired today... thankfully. What a week its been!!

Run this morning and swim tonight.

08/02/2013 at 07:53

Morning all.

UTC that is the invite sent. It is valid for 24hrs. Definitely still need your OH to cycle marshall the marathon leaders. It is a 9am race start time.

A spin for me last night, some speed interavls and weights tonight hopefully, then 16 planned at LK tomorrow to suss out water stations the 10k and half tunrpoints and maybe also mark out the routes for 10k and half. Depends on how temporary my tempory paint is.

08/02/2013 at 17:43

great FFB I'll get that done now  thanks again!!!!

08/02/2013 at 19:23

Evening

The pc froze on me this morning

4m Steadily done then, Wet outside now.

Evening Tri

08/02/2013 at 21:11

hi BM, wondered where you got to this morning!

all entered FFB, thanks for that!!! looking forward to it now!!

early night tonight before devils burdens tomorrow.... eeshk!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.