Scottish Runners

30,421 to 30,440 of 33,525 messages
28/03/2013 at 06:37

morning BM

turbo this morning. 1 more day to get through before a break. Much needed.

28/03/2013 at 07:21

Morning Tri

Hope you have a better day today.

28/03/2013 at 09:33

BM - you would be forgiven for thinking it is December!

Good luck with Balloch to Clydebank Kenny.

Nearly there on the holidays UTC!

Run for me later hopefully once I have finalised a few work things.

28/03/2013 at 10:08

TP :Yeah you would. A white Easter...

28/03/2013 at 19:51

(((UTC))) hope you got on better today at work?

Wow! A Triathlon cragchick! (are you mad? )

The snow is starting to feel 'normal' now

Nice wee 5 miles tonight, until I was referred to as a JOGGER!!

29/03/2013 at 08:06

Morning

No snow falling this morning

Indoor bike session later for a wee change.

29/03/2013 at 11:44

Eek MrsMac - think I would have been mad at that too - people can shout what they want at me in the street as long as its not the 'J' word .

I once had a cheeky postman remark to me 'You are a really crap runner'  - I replied 'Oh. you've seen me out often then? Oh and by the way, don't nick my mail!!!' . At least he called me a runner, so I kinda didnt mind !!!

Got a nice 10m in yesterday, probably have a rest day today as everywhere is mobbed with people off for the hols, and I've got a report to finish, then hopefully do a long run tommorrow.

Good luck anyone out for Easter Bunny egg hunts, oh and anyone racing , and have fun at your race MrsMac, where you most certainly will be described as a 'runner' !

29/03/2013 at 12:58

Last wee jaunt before the GE - chilly 6 miles along my end of the canal...............panicking now! Legs feel strong again after the LK marathon, but i've done so little running since then, HELPPP!

31/03/2013 at 12:33

.....................have I killed the thread? Is everyone out running, or eating easter eggs?

Helloooooooooooo- is there anyone out there?

31/03/2013 at 14:35

(waves to Tricia ) I was on here briefly yesterday but there were so many spam threads clogging the forum I couldnt be bothered .

Did a lovely 18m run yesterday, caught up with an older guy I see out quite a lot and plodded with him for a bit, but eventually I had to go ahead as I have finally found someone I can run faster than (well, he is around 70!!! ). Lots of newbie looking women out, with it being nearly Glasgow women's 10k time there are a lot of beginners out on the Southside - hopefully some of them will stay the distance and not give up as soon as the 10k is done. Passed two women going the other way all very neatly kitted out in ultra gear, shiny new rucksacks et al so they got a 'hello' . Got abuse hurled at me from two 60-ish oap females, just because I said 'excuse me please, runner behind you' ......not even sure what they were yelling, other than it involved lots of f..this f...that and 'runners shouldn't be on the pavement' !!! And a Happy Easter to the Pair O'Yous too !

28m cycle today, early doors cos of the clocks changing, meant a nice quiet ride, dodging the snow drifts on some of the back roads near East Kilbride. Lovely day, ie its not raining / snowy / lashing etc, but freezing hands from the wind.

Back to work for a few hours now, have stuff to prepare for when the English offices go back on tuesday.

Tricia - you could get away with another run next week if you wanted, say a 4m on Tues, would fit a taper for a Saturday race .

31/03/2013 at 15:09

I'm still here too. Good hilly 10 mile run yesterday, and planning short run later today. Great that evenings will be lighter. 

Very annoying when people are rude like that TP; I've experienced similar.

31/03/2013 at 15:11

I'm here Tricia... just back from just over 20miles in about 3:10. Still a bit slower than I'd like Not bad considering I wasn't feeling great this morning (not unwell or anything just wasn't "feeling it" and for the 1st few miles was considering bailing altogether, but then seemed to settle into things).

Last couple of long runs though have felt good in that I've had no sickness or feeling rubbish afterwards which is good. Just the normal tired and stiff. Today took my Camelbak with just water which worked fine. Had to de-jacket halfway though as it was getting a tad hot and it definitely helped. Felt better almost immediately.Shoved it in the camelbak to save me carting it around my waist. Last couple of miles a slog but that's always the way

Bf off up to Aviemore to camp in a self made snow cave... ok I know he's experienced and isnt alone but I really am hoping he's ok with all the avalanches lately... at least the weather is nice this weekend.

Hoping for another 2 long ones before CW... just hope I can get a good pace going. Really glad I'm managing my long ones, its given be a bit of confidence after a bit of a disastrous  end to 2012 running wise. No PB attempts until summer though. Want to have that confidence back. Its good to finish a long one and feel ok though, I dont think Ive had that before... maybe Ive been pushing too hard all along

Wonder how MrsMac is getting on???

31/03/2013 at 15:16

good running Alison

TP, they sound like lovely people eh... actually quite funny in a way.. "runners shouldn't be on the pavement"... erm maybe its waddling foul mouthed idiots that shouldn't be allowed outside altogether???

31/03/2013 at 17:16

Lol UTC - true. I was going to ask them which part of what I said they took offence at - the part where I said 'excuse me please', or the part where I said 'thank you' LOL .

'Snow caving' hmmmmmmmm . Probably quite cosy though once you have built your igloo !

Work finished Hurrah!!!! Means I can have Monday off now .

31/03/2013 at 17:35

Just back from run, mostly in the park.

Enjoy your day off TP. I'll be at work for most of the day - it's an NHS holiday but not a university one, and I'm doing some teaching. Will get home early though, then have a Pilates class in the evening.

31/03/2013 at 17:58

woop I'm off tomorrow for the holiday Hope work isn't too bad Alison... hope your "park run" went ok (bit longer than the normal one though!)

yeah TP I'm sure it's cosy.. sounds kind of cool actually.. it's just the number of recent deaths in the mountains making me feel uneasy... but I know he's not daft and is very experienced and has also had loads of mountain training, so all should be well hopefully. Fingers xd I at least get a text...

31/03/2013 at 20:48

Some nice long runs on here today ladies

Sounds like a great wee adventure for bf UTC but I'd be the same. I'm sure he'll be fine

Why does running have such a negative effect on other pedestrians?? I never get that Where would they rather you ran TP, up the middle of the road?

Glad I'm only NHS Alison, I get the PH thankfully. Hope you get finished nice and early

Well, I had a fab run today Set off with 4.35-4.45 in mind and ended up with 4.20! A one hour 50K PB And it was my 40th Ultra (numbers geek I know). Blethered all the way round with a friend too

31/03/2013 at 21:09

Fantastic result Mrs mac.  You looked good and comfortable throughout!

01/04/2013 at 07:21

WELL DONE MrsMac, that is an excellent time!! Would love to do a longer Ultra but think its at the moment outside my capability/mental resolve!

Off work today so some training to get in, then meeting a friend for late lunch.

Had a text from bf last night to say he'd dug his snow cave and was at the top of the mountain!! Fingers xd he survived the night...

01/04/2013 at 13:59

Woo Hoo! Well Done MrsMac . You are fair racking up some numbers of marathons / ultras this year too .

Happy holidays those that are off, and quick days for those that are not. And if its any consolation to those at work, everywhere is mobbed !

Nice 10miler around Pollok Park this morning, but it was starting to get really busy so I called it a day just before noon. Constant stream of cars going in, and the overflow carpark already open on the field, might be something on at Pollok House. Anyhoo - too crowded for me, so headed home.

UTC - hope bf returns without too much frostbite !

Spam warning - there seems to be a Bank Holiday spam fest on at the moment (and not just on RW) - watch out everyone for a PayPal email that says you have been refunded money, then they ask you to enter account details - it seems to be doing the rounds just now . My spam filter usually gets rid of this kind of cr1p but this one managed to sneak through. Take care everyone.

Lovely sunshine out - the cat is having a ball in the back garden .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.