Scottish Runners

30,441 to 30,460 of 33,223 messages
18/02/2013 at 06:18

Morning

cragchick: I used to swap TV often on a Sat morning between the two programmes.

Cold and frosty on etoday.

Morning Tri

Need to catch up

Oh and it was 2am when I finally got the call to taxi my oldet son. I'd gone to bed by then...

18/02/2013 at 10:51

Morning all

If I was at my gran's house on a Saturday morning I got to watch Tiswas, if I was at home I had to switch between the channels whenever my parents came in the room, cos they didnt approve of Tiswas' carrying on (probably something to do with Spit the Dog) .

Well done UTC at Kirki (and Kirsty too!) - hard course, I've done the out and back one year when it was icy, the 'seven hills of Kirkintilloch'!

Hope those colds go soon 57.5 and Cragchick.

Bummer about WHW Cragchick . I wish someone would put on a supported race along that route - loads of races now do a supported element 100mile+, so I'm not sure where this tradition of everyone needing your own crew has come from.

Good running all at the weekend. I was in Pollok Park yesterday, me and about 3000 other people it seemed , did a nice gentle 7.2m to break the new shoes in , and then got out of there cos there were too many cars.

18/02/2013 at 13:28

I'd happily do the WHW unsupported - a few drop bags, water, plus the acknowledgement that I have enough ultra and general mountain experience to be able to 'survive' the more the challenging elements of the route and make it through to the finish. I guess I knew all this before I entered it, and is what has made me umm and aaaaah about it before.

I have however now entered the Lairig Ghru race which is on my birthday the following weekend, and also just emailed the organisers of the Two Inns race in Glencoe (is in August) for details. So all not lost, might just be doing some shorter races instead this year - BUT all in the hills

3000 other people in Pollock Park - eek!  What are your new shoes?

Is glorious here today - blue skies and sunshine. Just about finished unpacking and most of washing so off out with kids in a while for some fresh sea air (they are on hols today and back to school tomorrow - Moray don't do proper half-terms!!).

18/02/2013 at 17:52

George - I haven't done the Garioch 10k but entered this year.

19/02/2013 at 06:20

Morning

4M steadily done. Cold and frosty one again.

MissB is 13 today !  Goodness, how time flies...

Morning Tri

19/02/2013 at 07:13

morning BM

Good fartlek session with club last night, about 10k in all. Swim tonight.

TP, yep its a hilly one alright.

CC, Lairig Ghru sounds good! Bf says I should enter haha

Hope everyone has a great day. 

19/02/2013 at 14:37

Afternoon all

Another glorious day after a frosty start. This had better be drying out the Thames Path - praying for four weeks of dry weather for the floods to drain away and Oxfordshire not to be a muddy clay quagmire please, thank you!!!!

Cragchick - nothing exciting on the shoe front I'm afraid, just new road shoes. However, what is exciting is finding my favourite Brooks type on MandM Direct at £34.99 rather than £80, whilst everywhere else seems to have discontinued them!

Lairig Grhu (Gru? ) sounds good, if a little daunting, and might be scary if I could actually spell it ! Hear it has a rigid cut off, but you're speedy CC so you will make it - don't think I would !

Nice chilly 8miler this morning.

19/02/2013 at 14:45

TP - result with the shoes

19/02/2013 at 16:08

FFB - I bought two pairs!

That will do me for the next little while, now I have eased up on the mileage.

19/02/2013 at 17:08

hi guys...does anyone know where i can get a marathon ticket for edinbourgh marathon as like a dope ive missed out on....thanks

19/02/2013 at 18:40

TP - I just did that with my brooks pure projects too.

A good 7 miles this evening and managed to do some of it in Pollok park before it got dark

19/02/2013 at 18:44

Yay to the shoes at good price then ... need to get my finger out and order some more Inov8s from pete bland sports asap.

Speedy - hah - at the moment I haven't run properly for nearly five weeks  so speed is not a happening!!!  But I have 16 weeks until that race, not sure how likely the Fling is looking at the moment though

20/02/2013 at 06:15

Morning

4M steady, milder, no frost or wind

TP: re Brooks shoe bargain Good for you. I use M and M direct too.

Morning Tri

20/02/2013 at 06:50

morning BM

run tonight.. hoping for about 8 miles or so...

20/02/2013 at 19:04

The viruses won, but I will survive! Missed all the good running weather in the last few days too.

Always been tempted by the Lairig Ghru race. But it was tough enough when I last hiked it without the extra miles and the running!

20/02/2013 at 19:55

Hope you're better soon 57.5.

Good fartlek run this evening.

Not long until Arbroath Smokies 10 mile race. Mrs Mac - what's your race number? I'll look for you in the hall at the end - unlikely to see you during the race as you're faster than me.

20/02/2013 at 20:05

You guys are not selling this race to me!!! But the entry is paid so I will give it my best shot ... well that is when I get running again!

The virus beat me too - has been a real horror for sure, haven't felt wiped by something like this for a long time! And even more gutting given the stunning weather. Oh well, have been consoling myself that it gives my niggly ankle/foot extra time before I test it all out again!

Hope you recover soon 57.5.

Good training from the rest of you

20/02/2013 at 21:20

Shame about the WHW cragchick but sensible if its stressing you out! I'd love to do the Lairig ghru race, looks fab

Get well soon 57.5.

Alison, good question! Will check my email and let you know. Looking forward to it?

Bargain TP

Just back from 2 nights in Balmaha in The Oak Tree inn. Had a fab run over Conic Hill to Drymen and back yesterday. The weather and scenery were amazing. Got some fab photos including a 'Brocken Spectre' by sheer accident

20/02/2013 at 21:23

Alison, I'm number 185

21/02/2013 at 06:27

Morning

Cold and frosty one.

Might pop down to HMV in Argyll St to see if any closing down bargains !

Shame that HMV has gone to administration, must have spend a fortune over the past 30 years in HMV. And am going back to buying records ! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.