Scottish Runners

30,501 to 30,520 of 33,450 messages
27/02/2013 at 13:00

Hoping you get nicely dried out or frozen terrain then ... agree mud does beat slippy slate - don't think anything will grip on that stuff.  would also like to do the whole Ridgeway some time.  There is the Ridgeway race - but logistics not great for me, might just do it for 'fun' some time!!!

Used to drive around edge of Chatsworth on my many trips to Peak with my old mountaineering club. Many many happy memories of climbing grit in the sunshine - in fact is one of my favourite places to climb (when Stanage and Froggat are not heaving with crowds etc).

9 miles this morning and oh boy did my body find it harsh! Bit post-viral still I think but lovely to be out.  Icy patches aplenty which made it slow-going too.  But found a bit of beach at Culbin I'd not got to before so was beautiful.

Is that Nairn 10km 57.5?  Toyed with idea, but if todays pace was anything to go by think possibly not!

27/02/2013 at 21:23

Cold again when out walking Geordie about 30mins ago.

28/02/2013 at 06:13

Morning and foggy again.

4M Steadily done

Morning Tri

28/02/2013 at 07:58

A nice big box full of kit arrived from HH  Some really good lightweight technical kit. The down jacket is a belter, and there is also an uber lightweight very fitted down jacket which looks as if it could be interesting. Although when i put it on I looked a bit like one of Charlies Angels (it is very fitted and shiny - like a leather bike jacket)  Will need to experiment with mid and base layers a bit but a pretty good selection to try out and most of will be fine. There is scope for changing it and trying other things. There is a lovely pair of trousers that are made from a wind proof shell except for the butt  They look as if they would be perfect except for the potential for a frost bitten butt

28/02/2013 at 09:16

sounds great ffb. really impressed that they have signed up and sent you some great gear.

feckin freezing this morning but a good 7.5 miles before work. even put in a couple of hills to try and convince myself that i'll be okay with the ones at Katrine. failed!

28/02/2013 at 09:44

Warmer but wetter in Orkney - lokking like a change of weather

Longbow - what is failure? if it is walking up the odd hill then there'll be a few failures at Loch Katrine!
My aim is simply to get back

Edited: 28/02/2013 at 09:46
28/02/2013 at 10:54

28/02/2013 at 12:45

FFB - yay to arrival of box of kit - how exciting!  I've got three of their merino wool frost hoodies which I absolutely live in and wear on and off the hill/mountain/running. Wierd re no windproofing for the butt though ...

Bit like Orkney here in Moray today then ... damp and considerably warmer although still a bit in the wind. Was a novely not having to hack away at ice this morning for the school run.  No running so far although perhaps a dreadmill short one later ... thought ankle ought to have a rest after the shock of running 3 days in a row ... it's not totally convinced about being back to work again!!

28/02/2013 at 14:12

Lovely day in Glasgow now the fog has cleared - had a good run, feeling the benefit of more rest days . Cat was waiting for me at the back door today - anyone would think I was predictable or something !

Looking forward to Loch Katrine races, hopefully this dry weather will hold out .

Nice haul there FFB, well done . Bizarro on the trousers though ! Don't they know a cosy rear is very important .

Just seen on the local news a long section of the Clyde walkway and retaining wall has collapsed into the Clyde - looks like a kind of soil erosion scenerio, nothing for the wall to hold onto so the whole lot has gone . It is right near the Kingston Bridge, which is a bit worrying! Doesnt say much for the state of the soil !!!

28/02/2013 at 18:52

Sounds like a nice wee haul FFB Very strange sounding trousers though, its my bahooky that gets the coldest

I'll defo be walking some (most!) of the hills at Loch Katrine longbow

TP, are you doing the marathon?

OH, where is Elspeth? Hope she's fighting fit and raring to go for Loch Katrine?

Gentle wee 6 miles tonight, ended up quite toasty! Has Spring sprung?!

28/02/2013 at 18:54

Yes cragchick, Nairn 10k. It always feels like a reunion race after the long winter. Is there ever a time Stannage isn't overrun by people?

28/02/2013 at 20:15

agreed re Stanage ... ALWAYS busy and I always resented having to clear everything out of the car and leave all drawers etc open to prove there really WAS nothing worth stealing from the car ...

There will be plenty of Forres red vests at Nairn I am sure, but defo not me ... cold lingering into ear/throat now, don't feel ill especially just sore - bah!

Edited: 28/02/2013 at 20:17
28/02/2013 at 20:48

Pity about Nairn cragchick. There will be lots of those swift Forres men ahead of me, that I know.

Just signed up for the Commonwealth Games volunteering in the hope of fixing some teeth. Last night to volunteer apparently.

01/03/2013 at 06:09

4M Tempo run. Not bad, bit of a blow out .Dry, no wind or fog.

FFB: Belated congrats on getting HH kit sponsorship.

TP: I saw that used to do sessions along there until about 4 years ago ! Some collapse !!

01/03/2013 at 08:27

Damp and grey here and still feeling spring like

Off to try first spin class in about three years this morning  and a bit of barefoot on the beach if I get the tides right ...

01/03/2013 at 10:37

Morning all

Cragchick good luck with the spinning ! Know what you mean about Peak District car parks, notorious for getting stuff nicked - my parents had their car done over at Ladybower Res, luckily it was empty, but they still smashed a window. My flat mate when I lived in Sheffield had her car nicked from right outside our house , and we were in not a bad area .

MrsMac - Half marathon for me. Too close to my 'biggie' to do the full. Some crazy folk on the 100 thread are doing marathons this weekend as training, which is 'probably' okay if the body can take it , but I think 2 weeks before is too close to risk not recovering properly.

Spring has indeedy Sprung - off out to get some sunshine.

02/03/2013 at 08:12

Morning

Nice morning today. saw a cracking dawn, blues, reds, yellows. Quite mild too.

All the best to any racing.

02/03/2013 at 11:06

Beautiful day here. Not running though, as Arbroath race tomorrow.

02/03/2013 at 14:54

Quick tempo run today- very hard work after all the long slow ploddage in prep for the ultra in april.Am just not used to going fast enough to get out of puff!

TP - I am worried enough about recovery from a "training marathon" 4 weeks out from my ultra- deffo wouldn't do it 2 weeks before.

Glorious sunshine out, but still a cold bite in the wind. Hope it stays dry and bright , though, it's so spring- like! I might even have started to get a tan this am!

02/03/2013 at 16:56

Good luck all you weekend racers.

Rest day for me today, although did do a walk.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.