Scottish Runners

30,521 to 30,540 of 33,219 messages
03/03/2013 at 11:15

eggyh - I've PM'd you about the lift offer- let me know.

All dressed up to go out ( and try to run off the hangover..............), and it's just started drizzling, bleurgh. THe weather forecast describes this as mist!- but mist stays still, and this stuff is definietly faling out of the sky!

Need to get motivated.

03/03/2013 at 15:14

Did the Arbroath Smokies 10 in just over 85 minutes - PB by just over 2 minutes, so very pleased. goody bag has a bottle of wine in it - at the finish, they say well dome, then 'red, white or rose?'. Very nice. Better weather here than in Glasgow it seems.

Didn't see Mrs Mac, but know her number, so will look for her result. 

03/03/2013 at 15:20

Well done Alison ! Wow, that is my kind of goody bag !

Hope you got a good run Tricia.

Cool and dry by me, perfect, and only a little wind. Good 14.5m done, feeling much better now I've cut back on the mileage and multiple lsr's, stronger, more energy....but I guess thats the whole point of doing it in the first place . Trick is knowing when to stop .

03/03/2013 at 17:29

Excellent weather up north and a huge turnout for my 'local' race the Nairn 10k. Good day for a quick time and I'm very happy with just under 37 mins. The mad ultra runner in me decided to warm up with 10 miles this morning (a VERY gentle 10 miles with dog) to get that authentic 'racing on tired legs' feeling .

Well done Alison. Will note that race for next year, great idea for a well earned give away!

03/03/2013 at 18:48

Alison, I was looking for you but didn't manage to spot you Well done on the PB I ran a course PB of 73.51 so well chuffed with that Drinking my 'wine' now - its a bit more like fruit juice without the kick

Glad you're enjoying your taper TP

57.5, that made me laugh out loud! Nutter Well done too

Hope you had a good run in the 'mist' Tricia

03/03/2013 at 20:41

well done Alison and 57.5!! Excellent times and a great PB Alison, although 57.5 you are officially mental!! 10 miles before a 10k??? and still finish sub 37?? flippin' 'eck that's impressive!!

hope your run went ok Tricia...

Nice tapering TP!!

I bailed on the GU 5 miler yesterday.. just wasn't feeling great and knew I wouldn't get a good time so decided to jog the course while bf ran. (Top 2 were both sub 25!!!) Bf sadly ended up pulling out with a pulled hamstring so he was a bit gutted He isn't too bad today though, and we managed a good swim at Stirling 50m pool then a cycle round Loch Katrine So hopefully nothing too serious, he is walking fine, think its just a pulled muscle and appears to be a bit better today! Beautiful day for cycling today!! Really fun but a bloody tough route... this is going to be 1 hard run next weekend!! No PB aims there then Feeling sorry for the marathoners already!! (Almost wish I was doing the half now actually as I wasn't able to get into Alloa or Inverness, although I am not ready to be honest) but need a half for April definitely... any recommendations??

Ok, shattered after today... off for an early 1... 

03/03/2013 at 20:53
Utc- balloch to Clydebank HM is on 14/04. Good one to consider.
03/03/2013 at 21:34

was thinking it was lovely weather for the Nairn 10km today 57.5 - wow, great run and love the warm-up idea.  I always feel I need to do some warm-up miles for a 10km cos it takes me extra to get warmed-up to run fast ... not sure about 10 though!! Yes, heard there were plenty of red vests ... glad I called not to do it ... did 10 along coastal path but after five weeks of not much running I feel rather out of condition and it felt harder than it should!!

Great racing for others too, and PBs yay, but boo to feeling under the weather UTC and bf pulled hamstring.

03/03/2013 at 22:49

Evening all, UTC - do you want to do the half? I can swap you over if you want?

Some good racing this weekend.

I did 20 miles yesterday up at Loch Katrine. You would think I would be sick of the place by now  Anyway, managed a 3 min negative split

BTW a section of the A81 may be closed next week, so anyone heading up from Glasgow will need to do a small detour  or find a differnet route. QUite glad I went up this weekend and spotted the notice at the roadside. I will contact all the runners with the info.

Tested some of my HH kit. It was a bit warm for winter kit though. The shell jacket was comft and warm and there was no wind getting through it, but it has a couple fo polyester vent panels which could be problematic in Antarctica depending on the wind, so I think we will need to look at some alternatives. The racing light suit was really comfortable and wicked well, and had a surpisingly good level of insulation given how light it was. But again not sure if I will be able to use it in Antarctica.

04/03/2013 at 06:24

Morning you lot

4M Fartlek. Okay run. Dry with no wind.

Alison: Well done

57.5 The same to you. 10M before your race ! Hope your dog has recovered 

Morning Tri: Hope your feeling better.

04/03/2013 at 06:52

Morning

Feeling fine thanks BM... apart from having to go to work

Bigeater, cant manage BtoC as we only come back from our Tri camp in Mallorca the day before... and are driving to Manchester for a gig on the Monday.

FFB, I'll have a think. I honestly dont think I'm fit for it, but I'll have a think today if that's ok... there are 1 or 2 other options (Angus Half and Heaven and Hell in Scone)... 

Time to get ready for work in the mean time..

04/03/2013 at 08:06

Morning all, UTC that is fine. I have had a few movers between races and few notifications of drop outs so I have scope to move you if you want. Just let me know.

04/03/2013 at 16:50

5 miles along the front at Nairn, starting at the golf club and across to just beyond Kingsteps; managed to slot that one in between dropping hubby at Inverness airport and getting back for school pick-up. Felt lovely in the sunshine but a brisk breeze to remind us it's not quite Spring proper!! Still felt awfully hard work though

04/03/2013 at 17:55

Well done Mrs Mac and 57.5.

UTC - I think Angus half and Heaven and Hell are on the same day. I'm trying to decide which to do - i've heard that the H and H is much more hellish than heavenly, but would be a bit different!

04/03/2013 at 19:21

FFB, was speaking to Robin at Smokies yesterday He was telling me he's sweeping the marathon. Hope I don't see him before the finish! My brother-in-law mentioned he'd have rather done the 1/2 over the 10K. Could he swap, no problems if no

I did the H&H 1/2 a few years ago Alison. Defo not a PB course

Legs are surprisingly sore/tired after Smokies yesterday. Must've worked quite hard then

04/03/2013 at 20:24

MrsMac Hope I don't prolong the day greatly for Robin et al!
Please ask him to wait until I'm round the corner before he takes up any flags!
Hope to catch up with you in cafe after the race if you're not in to much of a hurry to get off. Elspeth should be finished marshalling long before I come in.
Think I'll come down prepared for any weather - still a lot of snow over the cairngorms as I flew over on Friday

04/03/2013 at 20:57

Well done MrsMac, 57.5 racing, and others out training at the weekend.

57.5 - errrrm, they may not let you in Smokies, unless you have a nice disguise !

FFB - that is good to know about the A81 - was planning Erskine Bridge, A81, Aberfoyle, but will have a look at Traffic Watch for alternative routes.

Nice 7.2m today, trying to get a bit of speed back  LOL !!!

Going out to Galloway Forest Park tommorrow for a full kit test, actually mainly to test out which shoes I want to wear on Thames Path.

04/03/2013 at 21:46

OH, I don't think you're in any danger of meeting the sweeper! Looking forward to see you guys. Meeting another friend after for coffee so the more the merrier

Enjoy the run tomorrow TP

04/03/2013 at 22:34

Oh no, someone gives away wine at a race then limits it to ladies ! Of course I'm used to the US where by law you generally can't limit races by gender... but any man in a race 'predominantly aimed' at ladies had better sport a nice tutu or similar and not try too hard.

Sounds like one of my staple runs cragchick. You can check out the progress of the sea wall repairs en route too. An amazing number of dog walkers on Nairn seafront yesterday morning in the fine weather.

04/03/2013 at 22:40

Evening all,

OK, so Mrs M

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.