Scottish Runners

30,561 to 30,580 of 33,503 messages
08/03/2013 at 15:44

I tried to post yesterday but it has done something weird with my font size !!!

Good luck all at the weekend - see some of you on Sunday (in the snow!!!).

08/03/2013 at 16:30

?Prize for 1st snow angel on return 

08/03/2013 at 18:59

Really cold here today. Seemed to be snowing and raining at the same time when I walked to work this morning. Windy too. Hoping it's a bit warmer on Sunday.

Someting weird with my font size too!

08/03/2013 at 19:02

This font size is rubbish. I thought it was only me earlier.

Easy 3M in wind this morning.

All the bset to those doing Loch Katrine

08/03/2013 at 19:15

Guess we'll be digging out the winter gear for Loch Katrine then? Ach well, still really looking forward to it and meeting some of you guys It will be my 70th Marathon/Ultra

08/03/2013 at 20:58

Wow Mrs Mac. Make sure you introduce yourself to me: your 70th marathon  

09/03/2013 at 09:16

Mrsmac; 70th Marathon ! Respect.

09/03/2013 at 12:25

Am looking out the window and trying to persuade myself that LK marathon is a good idea..........Oh well, I'm sure it will be lovely once we're started.

Will there be anywhere dry to leave a bag of warm clothes at the start/finish?- my lift will have left, and I'll get picked up by someone different later on. I may well need to leave a heavy jacket/ fleece trousers to wear befroe/ after race, or I'll freeze to death.

Hip niggle seems better after a week's mini-taper- I can't tolerate sitting for more than 1 hour or so, but walking, short jog, seem OK, so I think I should go for it.

09/03/2013 at 17:30
Tricialitt, if you have no other offers, you are welcome to leave stuff in our car. I'll probably be one of the last ones in from the marathon. However, Elspeth is just marshalling (due to injury, unfortunately) so should be around.
Now settled in b+b in Aberfoyle after bumpy ride to Aberdeen last night.
Edited: 09/03/2013 at 17:33
09/03/2013 at 17:52

Good luck Loch Katriners!

Font size thing is wierd cos it actually posts in the right size. THink site was down much of yesterday.

No running for me today but helping at Forres Primary School XC this morning - was 3 degrees with brisk easterly blowing ... freeeeeeeezing!

09/03/2013 at 18:00

Freezing here too cragchick. Dug out all my warmest gear for tomorrow

I was thinking about you two rolling about the ferry when I heard the wind howling last night OH & ElspethGlad you made it!

Very best of luck with the races tomorrow FFB. I'm sure it will be a huge success and I will definately introduce myself

09/03/2013 at 19:53

See you all tomorrow. I'm marshalling at the 10k turn point - going to jog there from the start.

09/03/2013 at 21:29

See you all tomorrow too!! Sticking with the 10k FFB!!

Did the Demon Run 10miler today, great fun, loads of mud and scramble nets and wading and crawling through deep mud and water

Bf won... no surprise there! (Even with an injury!)But I was pleased with my time even though I wasn't really "racing" it... weirdly by the finish times, if I had did the 5 miler, the bit they cut out was the bit that slowed me down so l am sure I would have been very near the front (also the competition was less fierce in the shorter race!). Great day and really enjoyed it! 

Went down town afterand got a bargain on a new wetsuit for my next OW tri (half price down to £100!! Great deal-Greaves saves the day again!).

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, I'll be wearing my club vest, yellow with big W on back... and that luck extends to Alison and Elspeth and all the other marshalls!

Hope to bump into a few people too!!

09/03/2013 at 22:08

Evening folks: a bit late but been busy  I will happily store bags for ayone who needs. Just look for the worriedlooking woman runnign around in a race director waistcoat.

It will be very cold, although much of the road is quite sheltered.

See you tomorrow  

PS Comedy mile and 10k marking  They are attached in the most bizarre locations

10/03/2013 at 15:09

Hi everyone

Mad snow in Glasgow now ! Hope all you marshalls and marathon runners are now back indoors and having a nice hot cup of tea (or stronger beverage!).

God I hate typing in this horrid font - my eyes are too old for this!!!

Anyhow, firstly huge congrats to FFB for putting on a great race, no fuss, just get on with the running , mile markers etc seemed to be spot on, we must use the same garmin .

Really enjoyed the run, glorious scenery, sun on the snowy mountains, never been that far along LK before so a real revelation! Lovely on the way out, sunny, running hilly but seemed quite easy, but then the return OMG, that wind ! So cold, and any downhill advantage pretty much lost because of running straight into the gusts. Really felt for the marathon runners that still had to face this on the return (and really glad I hadnt entered the marathon!! ). 2hrs 5mins, so a decent training run, very comparable with Cape Wrath half, road / terrain wise, although CW is possibly hillier in spots . Kept telling myself not to race it, although you do end up in kind of 'mini-competitions' with people.

Drove home through a blizzard! Tunnocks wafer greatly appreciated.

Well done all the marshalls and everyone else out running in the cold. Thought there might be more day trippers / mothers day outingers at LK, but guess it was too cold for them.

Well done UTC and bf yesterday.

So, this race could become a regular part of the calender FFB?

10/03/2013 at 15:46

Yes, well done FFB  -great day. I really enjoyed marshalling, despite the cold.

UTC - were you wearing a jacket with your club's name on? If so, I shouted out your name, butI don't think you heard me. If not, I shouted out your name at someone else!

10/03/2013 at 16:11

Not long home... thank you to FFB for a great race, sorry we didn't hang around for the rest of the marathoners, it was getting a tad chilly!! Bf enjoyed his bike marshalling though!!

Really enjoyed the run, just ran as a tempo run due to not being fully fit and having raced 10 miles yesterday. Hamstrings still felt very tight. With that, and it being hilly I was happy with only about 3 or minutes slower than my normal "hilly" 10k pace. 

Know what you mean about mini competitions though TP, there was a guy ahead of me who had walked a couple of short sections and as I caught up with him I thought "I will NOT be beaten by someone who has walked!!" ;P (I did catch and pass him... thankfully, but sadly 2 girls also caught me, and I think I ended up 6th or 7th female! Not so bad I suppose, it doesn't happen often!).

Amazing scenery, weather as good as you could ask for... and lovely to finally meet you FFB!! Also met Longbow briefly! Nice to put faces to names!!

I would definitely do it again, maybe the half next time once properly fit, FFB are you considering making it a regular thing?

Hope everyone made it back safely and had a great day!! A huge success I should think! Well done all round!!

10/03/2013 at 16:42

Did the LK Half - what a brilliant race and hopefully the first of many. The organisers should seriously consider making this a permanent fixture on the running calendar. Up there with my favorite halfs.

On the race- it's definately not a PB course.  I didn't see a profile of the course before hand and massively underestimated the hills towards the turnaround point, and although I managed to get up them all with no stops I didn't have a lot left in the legs from about 9 miles onwards. As has been mentioned the headwind was a bit on the stiff side too. Not grumbling about any of this though because that stuff's the reason you do this type of race. 

10/03/2013 at 17:25

Thanks for a great day FFB. Certaiinly not a PB marathon but great views and good company (although I didn't see too many people on my return leg) Thanks to all the marshalls who braved the wintry conditions. Definite negative split for me and slightly slower than hoped (but not last)Good to warm up with a log fire afterwards in the cafe while catching up with friends.

10/03/2013 at 18:06

Hi - back in snowy Glasgow- BRrrrrr- that got a tad snowy/ windy/ white-out conditions just in the last few miles.

Great day, though, and as I was only planning to pootle round as a trainig run, I'm happy with what is actually a PW for a marathon. I agree that this should be a keeper! - Much more scenic than Lochaber ( although perhpas not as flat!).

FFB- thanks for organising that, hope you can relax now!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.