Scottish Runners

30,621 to 30,640 of 31,027 messages
21/07/2014 at 14:37

FFB - will Mr FFB be coming down to Hampden tomorrow to photograph the baton relay? I'm trying to think how I can organise a bag of veggies to you - if I spot him I could do a bag drop . Let me know what you think. Or you could come up to the allotments at some point but I know you are probably mega-busy with all the Games stuff at the moment, and besides the beetroot needs using now .

21/07/2014 at 23:29

http://findhornfran.wordpress.com/2014/07/21/the-great-glen-way-ultra-2014-fran-does-the-glen-her-way/

Been away in sunny - and yes it was, really was, sunny!! Finally got around to tidying up my race report for Great Glen Way ... as ever, a bit long-winded but if you've a fancy to read it cos you have nothing better to do then hopefully the link will work!!

will endeavour to read back/catch up tomorrow. Too much sunny weather at the mo though

22/07/2014 at 14:56

Will have a read of your report later CC .

Scorching out !

22/07/2014 at 15:00

Great report CC. I will get a gallery posted later of some of my baton relay pics from this morning. It was great  Had a blast albeit a short one, and I handed over to Gordon Strachan.

22/07/2014 at 17:27
*Sunny Shetland I think that's meant to say CC
22/07/2014 at 19:18

Sunny Shetland *sniggers* .

Last time I was there it was sunny...and 12degrees !

Boiling ride on the bike tonight .

22/07/2014 at 19:44

Hello Need to do some catching up I see!

FFB, I was watching the news to see if I could spot you but no luck  Glad you enjoyed it though

Dundee Marathon on Sunday, here's my report - Hot, slow, but fun

22/07/2014 at 20:51
TP - was sunny and about 18C here today! Then the haar arrived about 6pm and it's gone cold again! Just in time for my swim on the beach, not quite warmed up again yet.

CC and FFb - great great glen reports! And well done on the 2nd place CC.

Mrs Mac - I bet you weren't slow.

Glad you enjoyed the relay FFB, we missed it coming here as were on hols at the time. A week on the west coast, Glenelg, Skye, Raasay and the Summer Isles. Mostly warm and sunny, mainly kayaking, swimming and cycling. A few tentative runs going on but not 100% sure the leg has healed yet.
The ticks in Glenelg were ferocious, normally get one or two bites when camping but it was probably nearer to 50, nasty little things! Raasay was stunning, never been there before.
23/07/2014 at 00:04

Yuk -50 ticks!! that would really put me off.  Managed a rather warmrun/walk up to the top of the path from old kilpatrick to the lochside - 10k tok about 1.5 hours, due to the heat/ sttpeness- trying to keep the HR down- came hmoe and downed a bottle of alcoholic ginger beer- whilst sitting out in th egarden...................very bad behaviour!

Mt friends have been on the one show tonight- getting quite excited abou the games now!

23/07/2014 at 00:50

Down in Suffolk for a couple of days, it is hotter than Nairn ever is!

Still working on my GGW report. Will finish on the train to Gatwick tomorrow. Promise.

Will get to reading CCs report too.

50 ticks!!! Erk. I react badly to them which is good, they are easy to find. But the 7 my wife removed after running near Aberfoyle at the weekend are itchy enough .

23/07/2014 at 10:20

Enjoy the Games BM.

Ticks!! Yuk!! I once worked with a man who was very, very hairy (lets just say part monkey ) and we were out on one of the smaller Western Isles working amongst bracken, wearing protective clothing, but somehow the ticks got in, and boy did they go for him big time !! He managed to remove a few, but by the end of the day they were sucking him dry. That evening he got really ill and had to be air lifted off the island to the nearest hospital to have the rest of the ticks removed!!!

MrsMac - classy report as usual .

Off to brave the crowds and the heat for a run.

23/07/2014 at 13:20
BM - enjoy!

TP - I'm really not THAT hairy but they do seem to go for me, even Peter got a dozen or so, they seem to be bad this summer but definitely worst round Glenelg, skye and further north were fine.
23/07/2014 at 14:02

Another lovely day. Phew  I have to run later today, that is going to be pleasant not, but all good training for the Volcano and the Atacama

Managed to grab a £40 ticket for the evening athletics session on the 31st  I do not know why I did not apply for that one in the initial ballot. A friend with a ticket cannot go and he offered up his ticket, which then got me looking at the schedule, and I immediately wanted to go, but could not afford the ticket he had. So I have spent a week swithering and trying not to think about it, then by sheer chance spotted that some tickets had been released on website and I managed to nab one

Anyone going to be heading for Pollok park on Sunday to watch the marathon? I thought about trying to move about, but then it is going to be so fast it willbe hard to get between spots, plus I have a ticket for Hampden for the afternoon/evening session so will stick with Pollok Park.

23/07/2014 at 14:07

Lol Elspeth - the problem with this guy was he was just soooo furry that once the ticks got onto his arms and legs you couldn't really see them to take them off !!

10mile done, dripping, its really boiling up out there. A few more folk walking about than I usually would see, but OMG the volume of traffic on the roads around Pollokshaws / Shawlands  lets just say I am glad I wasn't cycling...and I don't have to drive anywhere in a hurry!!

23/07/2014 at 16:12

Very hot run in Suffolk this morning. Now in pleasantly air conditioned Gatwick en route to Brussels for a few days. Supposed to be hot there tomorrow then cooler and rainy. Might make my weekend running in the Ardennes more bearable.

23/07/2014 at 16:58

I just saw a news alert that said the police had been called to respond because the Sri Lankan cycling team were seen cycling down the M74.

only in Glasgow ...

23/07/2014 at 20:26

OMG Elspeth, 50 tick bites??? I can't stop squirming at the thought

Have fun in Brussels 57.5

Just saw that on Facebook TP, made me chuckle Know what you mean about dripping after a run, phew its hot out there.

23/07/2014 at 21:08

I'm not sure they could make the opening ceremony any more camper if they tried ...

23/07/2014 at 21:18

but you have to sing along....

Oh dear...

24/07/2014 at 15:13

Hopefully the Aussies could tell the difference between a motorway and an A road

Four hours lifting my patio stones, wheel-barrowing rocks, and taking my boards up to the new plot, sweat dripping. Gonna have arms like Sinbad .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.