Scottish Runners

30,621 to 30,640 of 33,228 messages
14/03/2013 at 21:54

Love the trails on the Findhorn cragchick, which stretch were you running?

Great result ffb!

14/03/2013 at 22:02

Parked at the sawmill in Conicavel? does that make sense?  Was a friend who showed it to me. We running along so eventually we had Logie House opposite us on the other bank. Am definitely getting back to explore more of that area in the coming weeks as was fantastic.  And, of course, not a soul around

Latest cold broke today so feel better despite the snot levels!!  9.5 miles around Culbin, started in sleet and ended in spring sunshine and legs not feeling too bad either.

Oh TP, have never been to or worked with university souls, but can well imagine it all!!!

14/03/2013 at 22:39

Good news on the cold front Cragchick. I have been surrounded by folk coughing and sneezing on the buses and trains today, which does not do very much for the paranoia levels when you are tapering !

I have been researching into flax (linseed) plants for this work I was doing today, and interestingly found out that if you eat too much flax seed it can cause severe bowel constrictions, and in excessive amounts is poisonous! The fibres themselves can stagnate water-courses and ruin drinking water, which is why folk in the past were always very careful about where they processed flax for linen production. 

I was LOL and shaking my head cos I remembered the Lakeland 50 food list last year where they were plying every single hot meal with flax seed 'cos it is good for your energy levels' ! Yeah, it can be good for you, but only in small amounts, and *probably* not a good idea whilst you are running, for various reasons !!

15/03/2013 at 06:52

Morning

Shorter run this morning and climbing tonight. Back to driech outside it would appear

Ah well at least its Friday!!!

Lol TP on the flax seed, I used to put a small amount in my breakfast cereal but knew it wasn't good to overdo it

15/03/2013 at 08:15

Morning all, finally caught up with myself. most of my kit laid out, shoes out, food in bag. Just need to get car cleaned & valeted (it is truly disgusting at the moment) and then head of for Aberdeen about lunchtime.

Stopping in Montrose to go to  a tackle and gun shop to buy a very big gun ..... oops sorry no, to try and maybe buy a pair of snow boots that will handle -40C . Long story but there is a company called Seeland that making hunting, shooting, fishing kit and it just so happens they do a snow boot to the right specification that is half the price of the one recommended in the kit list (and looks just the same too

15/03/2013 at 10:59

Good luck at the D33 FFB, and anyone else going.

LOL at the big gun...yeah, I coulda done with one of those yesterday .

15/03/2013 at 11:41

Yes good luck at D33 FFB, you deserve a good run after all your hard work last week.

Quite windy here, been out on the bike but a run would have been so much nicer!

15/03/2013 at 14:04

Just seen the weekend weather forecast ....errrrm, you might be needing those snow shoes sooner than you think FFB !

15/03/2013 at 17:38

Good luck FFB *waves from Arbroath as you pass by on the way to Montrose*

Hope you enjoyed the WHW UTC? What part were you on?

Well done for getting out on the bike Elspeth, especially if it was windy

Yay to the cold clearing cragchick

Taper madness setting in yet TP?!

Had a last minute day off today so me and hubby hit the Cateran Trail for 23 miles. Legs are now trashed (again)

15/03/2013 at 18:52

Lol MrsMac - not quite taper madness  But then I could be feeling too relaxed about it?  Certainly doing the route last year has given me points I know I can aim for.

I managed to *aquire* ahem.... a bottle of Dark Island Reserve yesterday....so that is going down rather nicely . Better not have too much of it though, this is strong stuff ! I will have this one glass and then save the rest for after the 100.  

Good running on the Cateran MrsMac, I would like to do that race one year.

Elspeth or OH should know what I am talking about with the Reserve .

15/03/2013 at 21:55

Yay to trashed legs - it's that kind of pleasure/pain thing!!

Good luck to Dee 33s tomorrow

Six for me today, combo of hills and a wee bit of tempo - nice to get a bit of speed in, and I wore no gloves or hat either and just one layer - whoops - was that Spring for a morning perhaps!?

Hope you've sobered up TP

16/03/2013 at 08:47

Morning

Catch up time.

Only Monday and Tuesday to go then I'm finished with work as my 6 month contract over .

Well I have 5 days holiday to take so taking them before 26th March.

16/03/2013 at 17:00

Love that stretch cragchick, there are plenty of trails to explore!

Very dreich up her today but staying as rain so far, even in the hills of western Aberdeenshire. Managed most of my run in the dry(ish) bit of the day at least.

16/03/2013 at 17:59

Yes, is definitely dreich here - lovely day for the Dee 33 then ... not!!

I envisage much getting lost round there 57.5 - it's all the meanders in the river tributaries that seem to confuse both me and my garmin

16/03/2013 at 18:35

lovely run along WHW today (it was today I had planned MrsMac, not sure if I got mixed up in a previous post). Just Balmaha almost to Rowarden and back. Good run at a nice easy pace. Absolutely gorgeous although weather deteriorated in latter part of the run with some lovely sleet to finish it off. Loved it though and feel good given the distance and time it took.

Always jealous of your runs CC, they always sound beautiful!!

Good luck anyone doing D33... erm who is doing it other than FFB? 

17/03/2013 at 13:29

Hi All, back from a very wet and driech Aberdeen. Thoroughly soaked yesterday and a trashed pair of shoes. Great event. Finished in 6.42 which was faster than my expected 7hrs  I just paced it with a steady run 12 mins walk 3 mins all the way, and reeled in at least half a dozen on the return. Had a huge endorphin rush at 27 miles and started motoring the running intervals. Really happy with the result. Can definitely recmmend the event. Reall y well organised and the marshalls were amazing: it was so wet and cold for them.

17/03/2013 at 14:06

Well done FFB.
Sitting watching the dreich weather from inside here with fire lit!

17/03/2013 at 15:19

Well done FFB .

A wet 10m taper long run for me this morning.

Tapering is now  boring...... just a couple of short runs left for in the week, and that will be it !!!

17/03/2013 at 17:54

evening

well done FFB on D33!!!! Excellent time!! Sounds like you had the tactics just right.

Great swim this morning in Stirling and then a bit of a disastrous cycle... the snow was erm... deeper and the conditions were just miserable so called it a day after a few short miles.... I also had a major vertigo attack which did NOT help at all.

So visit to mother it was... not so bad I suppose!

Off out for St Paddy's day tonight for a couple. 

17/03/2013 at 18:34

wow - well done FFB, weather here was seriously dreich and I don't suppose it was any better in Aberdeen. Love that reeling them in at the end if you've paced it right - sadly I often haven't and am being reeled in!!

I love my runs too, am constantly amazed I have all this on my doorstep ... hubby looking for new job within his company though so a move may be on the cards  so we can all live in one place - which would be a bonus, but I'd hate to lose all this.

No running this weekend, but daughters first trip to climbing wall at Inverness while son playing rugby tournament across the road. She loved it - yay - got a belay off someone so couple of easy routes for me and bouldering. Anyway, she won't be complaining when I take her again so I'm happy!

Not long now TP ...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.