Scottish Runners

30,641 to 30,660 of 33,476 messages
29/04/2013 at 19:53

Wow 57.5, just worked out your time from Fetch! Amazing

Well done ewan & Lee-Anne too

Glad you're feeling a bit better UTC. Great news about the house

Even after a 3 mile recovery run last night, I am walking like the Tin Man today Rest night methinks

30/04/2013 at 07:56

Yes UTC, that was me at 9.22. And still paying for it in leg pain today. Hope the house stuff goes well.

30/04/2013 at 08:58

Great reports.

A collective Well Done to you all.

30/04/2013 at 08:59

Tri: Hope you get the call

30/04/2013 at 09:27

morning 

feeling MUCH better today.... yesterday was very drained but today feel a lot more normal.

Off work til tomorrow though so will be able to pop down to solicitors and get house stuff sorted... offer was ACCEPTED so will be a busy month as they want to move by the END OF MAY!!!

Well done 57.5, that is a really great time!! Hope you manage to recover well! 

Well now I am well enough to actually move off the couch, I am going to make an attempt and get something productive done

30/04/2013 at 09:59

Tri: Great news.

30/04/2013 at 10:02

Brilliant news UTC .

30/04/2013 at 19:07

Yay UTC

5 miles done on extremely sore/stiff legs tonight but I think it has helped

30/04/2013 at 19:19

That's great UTC.

Well done Mrs Mac.

Just a short run for me this evening.

30/04/2013 at 19:23

I'm impressed with you out and about already MrsMac .

Did a 3m walk today, leggies loosening somewhat, but still feel tired occasionally. Will probbaly attempt a short cycle or run tommorrow.

Spent the afternoon chasing up unpaid invoices I'm owed on jobs......I would quite like to know why it is always FYCKING UNIVERSITIES that seem to find it a major big deal (OOH we dont have enough staff, we're too stupid to press the BACS button on the computer, we're more important than little you, etc etc) to pay up on FYCKING time, and like to keep you hanging on whilst they lie and mislead you for months on FYCKING END before they reluctantly pay .

Sorry, had to get that out . And......breath Tiger .

30/04/2013 at 20:11

Yay for UTC!

Poor tiger. I hope you get paid soon. 

Good for you Mrs Mac.

I am having a rest day today and contemplating the half marathon training. I went to an outdoor boot camp last night for cross training and it was good fun. That should take care of the strength training so I need  think about speed work.

30/04/2013 at 21:27

Amazing time 57.5

Well done too Ewan.

Glad you are feeling better and got your house UTC

TP,  I was stiffer and worse on Monday too.

We are just back from the funeral of friend's little girl. A tough tough day, but a beautiful humanist service. Our friends are so strong and brave. First and probably the last time I will sing the Banana Boat Song at funeral service: one of her favourite songs.

30/04/2013 at 21:32

Did my first run in Orkney today and it rained for the first 10 mins so got soaked. But still a good run.

Hats off to you flingers

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 21:32
30/04/2013 at 22:19

Ultra

Good luck with house move - ours will have been on the market for 2 years come 29/7

Feel like taking it off Market - we havent had one offer

01/05/2013 at 07:43

morning

shattered this morning...

long-ish run planned for tonight.

lovely cycle last night. back to work in the mean time... kind of glad to be back.

tough day indeed ((FFB!))

Hope you enjoyed your rest day Lee Anne.

TP, hope you get work sorted!!

Best get a move on....

01/05/2013 at 07:44

oh and thanks for the congrats

lots to sort but its getting there!!

01/05/2013 at 08:50

Morning

5M Steadil;y done

TP: hope you get paid, really annoying that.

FFB: Must have been a hard day.

01/05/2013 at 12:38

Harsh day FFB ((  )), these things are always tough.

CC on the road? (Swoons, faints)

Another walk for me today, back of one knee is very tight still, although I suppose I could attempt a mile or two slow plod later and give it a stretch , but at the moment the cross trainer is looking more inviting!

Some progress on payment today - I won't name any names on the internet, but unbelievably the finance office of the English Uni in question had been back in contact with the Head of Dept I was actually doing the work for, and said they had 'rejected' my invoice because it was addressed to him and not to them !!! This has never been an issue before, and in fact they paid me last month (late and after a huge 3wk fight) under the same name and Dept / Uni address etc. I suspect it is more likely that after our last massive stouchie they saw my name again and thought 'F*ck her' and just rejected my invoice ! What total b*stards eh!!!

Anyhow, Head of Dept, who luckily I have worked for for years now, has sent me a cheque out of his own personal research account to cover the money so I don't have to re-submit to the Uni and wait even longer, which was really good of him . As he said, the 'Computer says No' woman out of 'Little Britain' applied for a job there once but she was rejected for being too helpful and intelligent .

Hope everyone else having good days .

01/05/2013 at 18:53

(((FFB))) how awful.

Glad to hear some money is coming in TP. I was going to suggest we form a 'Scottish Runners Debt Collection Team' on your behalf Hope the knee eases off soon.

A wee 4 miles tonight  with hubby after work. Legs still not fully forgiven me Wait until they find out they're running from White Corries to Fort Bill on Saturday

01/05/2013 at 19:19

LOL - Yeah I could do with sending 'the boys' (and girls) down to take care of some of these people I can tell you . Tin-pot dictatorships spring to mind .

Oh MrsMac you are brave (mad?) doing White Corries to FW so soon . I was going to ask your advice actually - I'm entered for the Devil in August but havent been on any of that route for absolutely years, although I know the last bit into FW quite well from hillwalking, but if I could only get one weekend to recce, which bits would you recommend I should focus on?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.