Scottish Runners

30,681 to 30,700 of 33,377 messages
24/03/2013 at 14:35

Good training everyone. I have made a gentle start back: abs & weights

24/03/2013 at 15:05

mapped... 17 miles

24/03/2013 at 15:55

Well done UTC and everyone else out running, its a cold wind out there.

UTC - actually I'm fecking raging about it, but there's not a lot of point cos there is nothing I can do about it. I'm mainly raging cos they went ahead this year in weather much worse than last, and last year I had my race pulled in the 11th hour because a few stupid people hadnt bothered to take waterproof jackets and warm clothes. The arguments about the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few are particularly galling after I was forced to stop last year for the benefit of other people when I was so close to the finish .

Lesson learnt - don't enter it next year. I'll do the G2E or an early marathon instead of wasting a whole winter's training season. I'm looking forward to having fresh legs on the Fling this year though .

Nice day out at Ayr today, its freezing but was lovely and sunny out.

FFB - hope baby FFB returned in one piece . She is quite a daredevil!

MrsMac - wise on avoiding the White Corries this weekend !

24/03/2013 at 16:52

Yes, well done indeed UTC & Alison for getting out. Its Baltic!

You have every right to be hacked off TP. Sounds quite inconsistent. I see Debbie Martin Consani ran a stormer in horrible underfoot conditions.

Another 10 miles today, back on the tready. Just couldn't face the cold

24/03/2013 at 19:16

MrsMac - yes she did an incredible run in those conditions. Interestingly Mimi Anderson who won it last year, bailed at 28m, perhaps she thought it not worth the injury risk as it sounds like lots of people had falls in the mud, or it just wasnt her day.

24/03/2013 at 19:23

Yes, UTC - awesome

TP - must be so gauling

24/03/2013 at 21:39

Sorry to hear about your DNS TP, but it sounds like the safest decision. A friend I was running with this morning had to drive down near Cambridge afterwards, rather her than me!

That is some dedicated training MrsMac.

Skiing was a non starter at Cairngorm this weekend so running got it's usual priority. I got a prime marshalling spot at a hill race yesterday, at the top turnaround. Nice jog up there with the dog, got to see everyone stagger to the summit then start to fly down, and it was curiously sheltered while most of the marshalls looked frozen! Then I stopped for a 'character building' run up and over Slochd Summit from the Findhorn Bridge on the bike route. A wee bit nippy up top.

Today I fashioned a 20 miler by running to meet friends for a jog around the trails by the snow gates on the Cairngorm ski road (unsurprisingly they were closed) and back to Aviemore with the odd detour. Fortunately the Bridge Inn was lovely and warm. Now feel less intimidated if the Fling is cold and windy.

Only one more week to really light evenings...

24/03/2013 at 22:36

that's a real shame TP but as others have said, you'll be in great shape for the Fling now

I really enjoyed my run today... cold but peaceful and felt good on return home. No shivers or feeling rubbish, and legs seem more or less ok. On course I think, and a bit more running confidence returned. Didn't actually feel it too cold, just very windy once I turned around to come back. Eye watering stuff!!

57.5, sounds like a cool weekend!

Easy run in the morning, and reps with club after work. Hoping for an ok day!

25/03/2013 at 11:48

Morning

Wee break from job hunting...

An easy 30mins outing at 6am today.

Catch up soon.

25/03/2013 at 16:30

57.5 - sounds like a good weekend. Didnt realise you were doing the Fling too .

They are now predicting this weather to last well into the end of April  so you may well be right about the cold forecast for the Fling 57 !

BM - still up at 6am? Good luck with the job hunting, it cannot be easy.

UTC - when is your next event planned? Tri or marathon?

Gentle 7.2m for me this morning, nice in one direction but ridiculously windy on the return. I had planned on a weeks recovery then some gentle running to get the legs back into things, but I guess now I dont have to factor in recovery I can do some shorter stuff and some hillwork.

25/03/2013 at 19:04

TP: Yeah I'm up running or out with Geordie. I'm a mornnig person, so my body clock doesn't really change that much. Cheers applied for 2 today.

25/03/2013 at 21:12

TP, was hoping to get a half or 10 miler in before Cape Wrath but there are only a couple and cant make them... so next biggie is the marathon but have a wee sprint tri 1st, a couple of weeks before it. Should be fun! Just need to keep up the long runs!

26/03/2013 at 06:46

Morning again you lot

4M Tempo in lightly falling snow

26/03/2013 at 11:43

Just catching up after a few mad days - OH TP, gutted for you - soooooo frustrating for the reasons you've mentioned. Having read some of the postings a fair few people slipped and injured themselves. AFter my drama trying to get to the Adventurehub Frostbite 50 last Jan (flight delays, closed motorways with snow etc) I pretty much decided winter races needed to at least be in Scotland!!  You will be in fab shape for the Fling though for sure - PB time.

FFB - that sounds pretty cr*p re the housewife article!!!

Ummmm, great training Mrs Mac, that's pretty dedicated.

57.5 - we wanted to ski at weekend but was relieved nothing was open as what with schools league orienteering, rugby tournament and my daughters 6th birthday party, it wasn't happening!!! Sounds like some really interesting runs though anyway.

Actually pretty dry here and today sunny. did a speedy 7.5 in culbin yesterday, about to do 5 on the dreadmill in a short while.

Can't wait for that clock change.

At this rate there will still be snow for the Lairig Ghru race at end of June!!

26/03/2013 at 12:15

cragchick And any other hill races !

26/03/2013 at 21:02

Evening all

Anyone know a a good shop to get a video gate analysis done in Glasgow ?

26/03/2013 at 23:13

3.30 - Run 4 It on Bothwell Street!

27/03/2013 at 06:34

morning

intervals last night on dreadmill before Velodrome session-awesome fun!!

just heading out now for a wee easy run in the snow.

Greaves also do gait analysis 3:30, the one on Gordon St.

27/03/2013 at 06:35

Morning Tri

Scobos: Nice to hear  from you again, thought you might mention Run 4 It on Bothwell Street.

5M Steadily done in falling snow.

Edited: 27/03/2013 at 06:39
27/03/2013 at 18:09

Sounds nice bm, as long as its falling straight down and not horizontally

Tready's are great for intervals UTC. I always push myself more I  think.

5 miles tonight. Taking it easy this week as I've got the Perth 50K on Sunday

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.