Scottish Runners

30,701 to 30,720 of 33,408 messages
27/03/2013 at 18:52

oooh good luck MrsMac on the 50k!!

Horrid day in work, lovely extended cycle home though. Off to buy a few sporty goodies to cheer myself up though and turbo when I get back. 

The thought of work tomorrow is making me feel sick.  New job applications it definitely is!

27/03/2013 at 18:54

I definitely push myself more if I do dreadmill intervals

Another 7.5 for me today, around the forest in fresh powder snow, lovely and squeaky! Beautiful in the sunshine, 6 with two friends and the last bit on my own. So nice to have company.

Ah yes, the Perth 50k on Sunday, I have a friend from Shetland doing it too.

Have just entered my first Triathlon - omg what was I thinking of!!! Aviemore Tri in August - thought it might give the push to get down the swimming pool and sort out my swimming, although this has a 750m open water swim so that will be the biggest challenge for me for sure.

Hoping for long run tomorrow, and then the school holidays begin so that will be it for consistent training for a couple of weeks

27/03/2013 at 18:57

Cragchick - OMG a triahtlon - comeback from the dark side whilst you still have the chance . Sounds like a nice run.

MrsMac - good luck with the 50k .

((UTC)) - hope work gets better soon. Good idea on the kit purchases .

No run for me today, work mental here too, everyone wants everything done right now when its almost end of financial year . Think its called 'panic' !

27/03/2013 at 19:20

Balloch to Clydebank race number arrived today.Rather looking forward to this one after a winter filled with hills. 

27/03/2013 at 20:12

MrsMac: All the best for Sunday.

Tri: Hope your work gets better soon.

27/03/2013 at 21:42

Good luck on Sunday Mrs Mac. Sorry work is so bad just now UTC.

Snowing a little when I ran this evening.

28/03/2013 at 06:24

4.5M fartlek Hard. Snow on ground and lightly falling. It cushioned my footsteps !

It is 28th March, not 28th Dec with this snow ?

28/03/2013 at 06:37

morning BM

turbo this morning. 1 more day to get through before a break. Much needed.

28/03/2013 at 07:21

Morning Tri

Hope you have a better day today.

28/03/2013 at 09:33

BM - you would be forgiven for thinking it is December!

Good luck with Balloch to Clydebank Kenny.

Nearly there on the holidays UTC!

Run for me later hopefully once I have finalised a few work things.

28/03/2013 at 10:08

TP :Yeah you would. A white Easter...

28/03/2013 at 19:51

(((UTC))) hope you got on better today at work?

Wow! A Triathlon cragchick! (are you mad? )

The snow is starting to feel 'normal' now

Nice wee 5 miles tonight, until I was referred to as a JOGGER!!

29/03/2013 at 08:06

Morning

No snow falling this morning

Indoor bike session later for a wee change.

29/03/2013 at 11:44

Eek MrsMac - think I would have been mad at that too - people can shout what they want at me in the street as long as its not the 'J' word .

I once had a cheeky postman remark to me 'You are a really crap runner'  - I replied 'Oh. you've seen me out often then? Oh and by the way, don't nick my mail!!!' . At least he called me a runner, so I kinda didnt mind !!!

Got a nice 10m in yesterday, probably have a rest day today as everywhere is mobbed with people off for the hols, and I've got a report to finish, then hopefully do a long run tommorrow.

Good luck anyone out for Easter Bunny egg hunts, oh and anyone racing , and have fun at your race MrsMac, where you most certainly will be described as a 'runner' !

29/03/2013 at 12:58

Last wee jaunt before the GE - chilly 6 miles along my end of the canal...............panicking now! Legs feel strong again after the LK marathon, but i've done so little running since then, HELPPP!

31/03/2013 at 12:33

.....................have I killed the thread? Is everyone out running, or eating easter eggs?

Helloooooooooooo- is there anyone out there?

31/03/2013 at 14:35

(waves to Tricia ) I was on here briefly yesterday but there were so many spam threads clogging the forum I couldnt be bothered .

Did a lovely 18m run yesterday, caught up with an older guy I see out quite a lot and plodded with him for a bit, but eventually I had to go ahead as I have finally found someone I can run faster than (well, he is around 70!!! ). Lots of newbie looking women out, with it being nearly Glasgow women's 10k time there are a lot of beginners out on the Southside - hopefully some of them will stay the distance and not give up as soon as the 10k is done. Passed two women going the other way all very neatly kitted out in ultra gear, shiny new rucksacks et al so they got a 'hello' . Got abuse hurled at me from two 60-ish oap females, just because I said 'excuse me please, runner behind you' ......not even sure what they were yelling, other than it involved lots of f..this f...that and 'runners shouldn't be on the pavement' !!! And a Happy Easter to the Pair O'Yous too !

28m cycle today, early doors cos of the clocks changing, meant a nice quiet ride, dodging the snow drifts on some of the back roads near East Kilbride. Lovely day, ie its not raining / snowy / lashing etc, but freezing hands from the wind.

Back to work for a few hours now, have stuff to prepare for when the English offices go back on tuesday.

Tricia - you could get away with another run next week if you wanted, say a 4m on Tues, would fit a taper for a Saturday race .

31/03/2013 at 15:09

I'm still here too. Good hilly 10 mile run yesterday, and planning short run later today. Great that evenings will be lighter. 

Very annoying when people are rude like that TP; I've experienced similar.

31/03/2013 at 15:11

I'm here Tricia... just back from just over 20miles in about 3:10. Still a bit slower than I'd like Not bad considering I wasn't feeling great this morning (not unwell or anything just wasn't "feeling it" and for the 1st few miles was considering bailing altogether, but then seemed to settle into things).

Last couple of long runs though have felt good in that I've had no sickness or feeling rubbish afterwards which is good. Just the normal tired and stiff. Today took my Camelbak with just water which worked fine. Had to de-jacket halfway though as it was getting a tad hot and it definitely helped. Felt better almost immediately.Shoved it in the camelbak to save me carting it around my waist. Last couple of miles a slog but that's always the way

Bf off up to Aviemore to camp in a self made snow cave... ok I know he's experienced and isnt alone but I really am hoping he's ok with all the avalanches lately... at least the weather is nice this weekend.

Hoping for another 2 long ones before CW... just hope I can get a good pace going. Really glad I'm managing my long ones, its given be a bit of confidence after a bit of a disastrous  end to 2012 running wise. No PB attempts until summer though. Want to have that confidence back. Its good to finish a long one and feel ok though, I dont think Ive had that before... maybe Ive been pushing too hard all along

Wonder how MrsMac is getting on???

31/03/2013 at 15:16

good running Alison

TP, they sound like lovely people eh... actually quite funny in a way.. "runners shouldn't be on the pavement"... erm maybe its waddling foul mouthed idiots that shouldn't be allowed outside altogether???

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.