Scottish Runners

30,721 to 30,740 of 33,516 messages
31/03/2013 at 17:16

Lol UTC - true. I was going to ask them which part of what I said they took offence at - the part where I said 'excuse me please', or the part where I said 'thank you' LOL .

'Snow caving' hmmmmmmmm . Probably quite cosy though once you have built your igloo !

Work finished Hurrah!!!! Means I can have Monday off now .

31/03/2013 at 17:35

Just back from run, mostly in the park.

Enjoy your day off TP. I'll be at work for most of the day - it's an NHS holiday but not a university one, and I'm doing some teaching. Will get home early though, then have a Pilates class in the evening.

31/03/2013 at 17:58

woop I'm off tomorrow for the holiday Hope work isn't too bad Alison... hope your "park run" went ok (bit longer than the normal one though!)

yeah TP I'm sure it's cosy.. sounds kind of cool actually.. it's just the number of recent deaths in the mountains making me feel uneasy... but I know he's not daft and is very experienced and has also had loads of mountain training, so all should be well hopefully. Fingers xd I at least get a text...

31/03/2013 at 20:48

Some nice long runs on here today ladies

Sounds like a great wee adventure for bf UTC but I'd be the same. I'm sure he'll be fine

Why does running have such a negative effect on other pedestrians?? I never get that Where would they rather you ran TP, up the middle of the road?

Glad I'm only NHS Alison, I get the PH thankfully. Hope you get finished nice and early

Well, I had a fab run today Set off with 4.35-4.45 in mind and ended up with 4.20! A one hour 50K PB And it was my 40th Ultra (numbers geek I know). Blethered all the way round with a friend too

31/03/2013 at 21:09

Fantastic result Mrs mac.  You looked good and comfortable throughout!

01/04/2013 at 07:21

WELL DONE MrsMac, that is an excellent time!! Would love to do a longer Ultra but think its at the moment outside my capability/mental resolve!

Off work today so some training to get in, then meeting a friend for late lunch.

Had a text from bf last night to say he'd dug his snow cave and was at the top of the mountain!! Fingers xd he survived the night...

01/04/2013 at 13:59

Woo Hoo! Well Done MrsMac . You are fair racking up some numbers of marathons / ultras this year too .

Happy holidays those that are off, and quick days for those that are not. And if its any consolation to those at work, everywhere is mobbed !

Nice 10miler around Pollok Park this morning, but it was starting to get really busy so I called it a day just before noon. Constant stream of cars going in, and the overflow carpark already open on the field, might be something on at Pollok House. Anyhoo - too crowded for me, so headed home.

UTC - hope bf returns without too much frostbite !

Spam warning - there seems to be a Bank Holiday spam fest on at the moment (and not just on RW) - watch out everyone for a PayPal email that says you have been refunded money, then they ask you to enter account details - it seems to be doing the rounds just now . My spam filter usually gets rid of this kind of cr1p but this one managed to sneak through. Take care everyone.

Lovely sunshine out - the cat is having a ball in the back garden .

01/04/2013 at 15:40

Just back from work.

Great result Mrs Mac.

Hope you had a good luch UTC, and hope your bf is ok. Snow caves may be cosy, but I prefer a duvet!

01/04/2013 at 19:57

lovely 18/19 miler from Whiteinch to Milngavie then to Drymen along WHW with a mate on Saturday. beautiful views of the snow covered Campsies. perfect conditions. nice few ales and a beast of a burger at the Pottery to finish off a lovely day. always forget the nasty hills just before Drymen on the Gartness Rd. Fling is fast approaching and I've done nowhere near enough long distance but feel good. maybe have to resign myself to not having any time ambitions and just aim to finish.

02/04/2013 at 07:47

morning 

was planning a runn this morning but legs still feel heavy from long run and got velodrome tonight so didnt think it would be best idea. Definitely will run tomorrow.

Bf returned safe and well. Sun burned nose and cheeks though despite sun cream but all well.

Lunch was also lovely yesterday.
Back to the grind for 4 days then off for a week and a half 

Training camp in Mallorca followed by 2 nights in Manchester for P!nk concert!!

Good training Ewan, good luck with the Fling!!

02/04/2013 at 17:20

Great run Mrs Mac. My notifications were not coming through, so I have had quite a bit to catch up on. Glad your legs are feeling stronger Tricialitt.

So, I am now a lady of leisure until I get a new contract. There are good and bad things with that. Good in that I can train for decent periods at a reasonable time of the day and can get on with Antarctic planning, but bad in that we now have no household income.

Great run this morning up to Giffnock and then down and through Pollok park. The farriers were there shoeing the big working horses, so I stopped and watched for a while.

02/04/2013 at 18:41

That sounds great FFB. Its nice to take in the scene while out running and not be clock-watching all the time Hopefully something will turn up on the work front soon.

Thank goodness UTC, did you tell him we were all worried?! Training camp in Mallorca sounds fab!

*Jealous* ewan

3 miles recovery last night so I can happily report my legs are my own again today

03/04/2013 at 08:17

Lots to catch up on I see

Morning...

03/04/2013 at 10:26

Stiff today so no run which is a pity as it is another glorious day. Been out for a short walk and done some abs. Will do weights and bike and hopefully get out for another walk.

03/04/2013 at 12:43

Latest blog entry: A sensory delight

03/04/2013 at 19:07

evening... 

had a bit of a crash at the velodrome last night so spent the evening in A+E with a suspected broken shoulder/clavicle/shoulder blade. All ok in the end kept in overnight just because it was so late and because I had been knocked out initially for a minute or 2.

Luckily there were 2 docs on the scene who helped me out and I was taken up to hospital and checked out. Bang to the head meant helmet was smashed but thanks to bf I now have a nice shiny new one.

Recuperating now and starting to feel much better even if still sore. However, I'll not be swimming or cycling for a bit and running for a few days anyway til the swelling goes down.

NOTE to self, do not fall off the banking from the very top. Its a long way, its steep and it hurts....

It wont put me off though... 

We're off to view a house now so that should cheer me up, as does having the rest of the week of work as my arm isn't moving much and is still pretty sore. Doing ok though, will make a full recovery and arm is improving by the hour although it may take a few weeks to completely settle.

Could have been worse... and the velodrome coach has even called to check I am ok... I do love a drama me! 

Nice blog FFB! Kinda gutted I couldnt run today, such a lovely night!!!

03/04/2013 at 19:16

Oh No UTC !!! Take care and recover quickly ! Good luck with the house hunting.

FFB - enjoy the good weather whilst you have time  and good luck with the job hunting too.

10miles again for me today after a rest day yesterday. Definitely good to feel warm again after all this freezing weather. Dunno what was wrong with me yesterday but I went to bed at 8.50pm......and didnt wake up until 8am this morning ! Obviously needed the rest .

03/04/2013 at 21:27

thanks TP, the good thing is Im ok and its just bad bruising on upper arm and shoulder blade... which I have now finally looked at-oh dear!!! But Im eating and feeling more myself so that's all good and the pain is bearable now. Its just the lack of movement, and if I do move it too much THEN its sore...

The flat was nice, definitely no.2 on our list but dont think it quite comes up to the 1 we saw last week which we'll hopefully put an offer in on soon. 

Now that Im off the rest of the week.. I might even be able to sort that out!

Early night tonight I think, as neither of us slept much last night with all the drama. Shattered.

03/04/2013 at 22:53

Ouch UTC. Glad that nothing is broken. It must have been a bit of a scare..

TP - as you say, you must have needed the rest.

Abs weights and bike for me today and then a run tomorrow before a sneaky afternoon trip to the GFT.

04/04/2013 at 08:13

45mins steady off road. On farm fields overlooking Glasgow airport.

Not a bad run. Dry, bit cold.

Tri: On no. Glad you're okay !

Now if Sir Chris himself was to call asking how you were, that would make your day (or year)

Edited: 04/04/2013 at 08:15
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.