Scottish Runners

30,721 to 30,740 of 33,368 messages
07/05/2013 at 14:23

Hi Andi, welcome to the thread.

Nice and warm today on the run around Kelvingrove Park, first above average day for months I think.

07/05/2013 at 15:21

Its certainly nice to see some sunshine Joe - I was thinking this winter would never end .

Hopefully this weather will stick around for you CW folks next week and you will have a cracking week  (jealous)!

Out on the bike today for a couple of hours, thought I was maybe being a bit rash going up to Eaglesham Moor minus jacket , but it turned out a lovely day . Passed a guy in full winter kit, tights, jacket, the works, whose only remark to me was 'I think I'm melting' .

Welcome to the thread Andi.

07/05/2013 at 15:30

Oh meant to say - UTC - if the tide comes in across the Kyle of Durness and you are still on the Cape side, you can always practice your OW swim .

Ach, wish I was going, I can picture it, crystal blue water, orange and yellow sands, dramatic pink and white rocks, seaweed lapping the edges, that lovely salty seaweed smell you only get when the air is fresh, oyster-catchers tweeting . I wanna go (strops) .

07/05/2013 at 17:58

ooooh I'm very excited now!!!!!!Thanks for the mental pic TP!!

07/05/2013 at 20:00

Weclome Andi. Loch Ness is £48 is I recall correctly.

Just done  a nice wee 6 miles along the Deeside way. First run since the fling. I t felt OK.

SO, not sure what is more scary: the new contract or my friend's dump of a bachelor pad  I think I know the answer to that. He really needs to get a grip and get the place sorted. Having to hold my tidiness OCD in a tight grip.

07/05/2013 at 20:25
07/05/2013 at 20:31

Nice running FFB... just back myself from a lovely 8 miles. Was aiming slightly shorter maybe 10k but its such a lovely night that I just kept adding extra wee loops.  Slow to start then felt quick, then slower again towards the end. Still gorgeous though. Really enjoyed it.

Bf away at a bike race in Edinburgh...  

Aww LN was my 1st marathon... I'd love to do it again!! Great race!!

Speedy running there CC!!

Crazy busy in work today so was great to get out once I got home. Was thinking of going for a cycle but wanted a quiet run away (mostly) from the road and sadly there is no cycle that can be done this way (not in Glasgow anyway!).

Lol TP re the OW swim! Good news there though as I'm definitely feeling much more like I'd be able for a swim now. Maybe not quite back to 3k but the last few days Ive felt a difference in extending my arm right out over my head as well as pulling back down. Will attempt a swim Thursday and see how it goes... fingers xd.

Right, off to the shop to get bf some dinner.. (and me)

07/05/2013 at 20:58

Welcome Andi. Good luck with the marathon training.

Lee-Anne - which half marathon are you planning to do?

07/05/2013 at 21:10

Thanks for all the welcomes folks

Freefall Bunny, thanks for that just looked and paid £45 and remember now that was the earlybird price so signed up before thinking properly about it and was a bit miffed when it only went up £3 - good sales patter lol.

Might have to read a few pages back here to get a gist of who's who and what's what

07/05/2013 at 22:00

Hi Andi. Nice spot for running you've got. Haven't been there in years but I do a couple of trips to the Oban area each year with some running involved, often on the inshore islands with fine Mull views.

Superb weather tonight in Inverness once the haar lifted. Intervals on the canal bank dodging all the other people running, walking and cycling.

Any of the ultra crazies done the Speyside Way race? Actually in ultra terms it is a sprint. I hear there is a Great Glen Way Ultra on the way, now that would make training on the course easier.

07/05/2013 at 23:13

txs 57.5 and can you believe I actually drove 2 miles today then ran another mile to do my hill training? jeez, I can't find a flat spot to run on as it's all hills (though the rare chance to take the roof of the car may have had something to do with it).

08/05/2013 at 07:07

morning...

57.5, I did Speyside last year. Beautiful race, loved it... apart from the last 3 mile through the town by which time I had had enough. I was undertrained though and I suffered for it afterwards. Wouldn't recommend without sufficient training,  but figure you'd be fine!!

No run this morning. Giving the legs a wee rest til later, will run/cycle later.

08/05/2013 at 08:08

57.5 Speyside is a great ultra, mailly on trails but a bit of road, I really enjoyed it. In fact was going to suggest it to FFB as a cheaper alternative to Loch Ness though it is a few weeks earlier.

Sun never really broke through here yesterday but looks like it might do today Went off for a run on the west side but forgot my garmin, roughly 13 miles though. Bit annoying someone has put an electric fence across the track down from Marwick to Birsay - wasn't there couple of months ago, had to crawl under which kinda brought me to a halt on the way back up the hill. Lovely run though.

Looking forward to CW but sad not to be doing marathon and think I will be last in everything!

08/05/2013 at 08:45
Alison McIntosh wrote (see)

Lee-Anne - which half marathon are you planning to do?

I am going to do the Great North Run.

I did some hill training last night and used a steep hill near my house which is about 500m long. I sprinted up it and then jogged down 3 times. Is this right?

Edited: 08/05/2013 at 08:46
08/05/2013 at 08:46

Sorry. Can't work the quote function either!

08/05/2013 at 08:57

Morning you lot

4.5M Steadily was up at 1:10 am with Geordie who was 'needing' !

08/05/2013 at 12:25

Elspeth, speyside way definitely of interest but think it clashes with perthshire highland marathon which I have already entered. But will check out.

Had a good wee run along the deeside way last night. Just 6 miles but that was a good start back after a week off since fling.

08/05/2013 at 19:23

Evening all

Phew, just read back after not being able to get on here yesterday Was starting to take it personally....

57.5, I agree the Speyside Way is a nice wee Ultra. A bit of a sprint with a cheeky hill in the middle The Great Glen Ultra is being run as an invitational this year by the same guys who organise The Glenmore 24 & GO33. Looks great

Resting tonight, Sciatica niggling again. Had some good runs this week with 10 on Monday and 8 last night....wearing shorts

08/05/2013 at 20:10

Mrs Mac - Speyside a sprint?! Not for me it wasn't  But I really enjoyed it. Been wearing shorts for last few weeks here, not that it's warm but seems wrong not to in late April/May! Mighty white legs though!

Holidays/Cape Wrath for us next week.  Getting excited. Whether I manage to finish any of the races or not is a question though!

Still mighty foggy up here, some sun across the water would be nice.

08/05/2013 at 20:12

Another thought for FFB - Langdale marathon is the week before Loch Ness, much cheaper, no dreaded bus journey and mighty hilly (good ultra training).

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.