Scottish Runners

30,741 to 30,760 of 33,580 messages
08/05/2013 at 20:12

Thanks for the Speyside info. Sounds like my next long race. Then the Great Glen Ultra next year if their test event goes well . Lairig Ghru sounds like an interesting possibility too.

Nice run there cragchick, but not my idea of fun as a race either. If you meet a lady running up near Califer it might be my new colleague. Living up near the top of a hill can't make for an easy warmdown at the end of your run!

08/05/2013 at 20:38

Back to winter gear today  -cold, drizzly and misty here. Still an enjoyable run though.

09/05/2013 at 06:20

off out for a run now as it looks like the nice weather is curtailed to the morning

swim tonight

09/05/2013 at 08:01

awww beautiful 8 miles this morning!!! soooooo lovely!! stuck mostly to 8 min/miles too, great run!!! Why more people weren't out this morning, I don't know, it's a beautiful morning!

09/05/2013 at 08:49

Morning Tri

Hills for me this morning. Cracking sunshine, though gone a bit cloudy now.

Younger son has Higher Modern Studies from 9-12 this morning.

09/05/2013 at 10:16

birkmyre - what do you do for your hill training?

09/05/2013 at 10:47

Nice morning here again today but set to change, I fear for next week.

09/05/2013 at 21:36

Elspeth, I'm only kidding! I always struggle at Speyside for some reason. You'll have a ball at Cape Wrath

That's an 'interesting' refuelling strategy cragchick I'll be interested in hearing how the Lairig Ghru goes too, on my 'to do' list

You're running well UTC

Rested tonight again, still getting niggles. Suffered on and off with Sciatica for years, might need to go back and see about it though. Lots of miles planned  this weekend again

09/05/2013 at 22:34

Mrs mac - hope it settles for your weekend. Anywhere nice?

CC - when is Lairg ghru?

Only one more day at work then CW here we come!

8.3 miles with our group tonight, even had 4 new men along. Sunshine for a change though still quite windy so it wasn't warm.

09/05/2013 at 23:43

Great day for running today. And pretty good for clearing out the garage too. Everything in there is still covered in a layer of dirt form the dust storms.

10/05/2013 at 07:12

Turbo this morning to try out my new road pedals/tri shoes. Although wish I'd gone out for a run because it looks lovely out and its to deteriorate as the day goes on.

Excited about CW too now!!

Those races sound good CC!

Swim again tonight after work.

10/05/2013 at 08:23

Good morning all,

I did a little three mile tempo run last night followed by a strength training session. I still can't figure our how lifting weights is going to make me faster but hey ho I'll do it anyway.

I do wish the weather would make its mind up. I am sick of carting my entire wardrobe around with me when I go out.

10/05/2013 at 08:29

Morning all. Speed reps for me last night and drills. Not much speed though

When is the great glen way run and how long is it? My daughter walked it, but I cannot recall what the exact distance is.

Back to Glasgow this afternoon: yeh!!!

Not up in Aberdeen until Wednesday next week as it is baby FFBs 18th birthday on Tuesday  How did I manage that 2 baby FFBs 18 and the shortly 21. Plus me getting ancient: 50  All the birhdays over the nect 5 weeks too

10/05/2013 at 08:45

Morning. I thought I'd posted on here earlier..DOH !

Lee Anne: I do a mile (roughly) easy to warm up and down. Then just run hard up a hill with jog back down recovery. I've never exactly measured this hill.                    Might do so tomorrow by pacing it. I used to do 14, at the moment I'm on 8. There a another longer hill in the other direction. it has a footpath to the top and is harder.Ii'll do that when I'm fitter. I reckon I could only do 1 or 2 at the moment

To all the Cape Wrathers; Aw ra best.

10/05/2013 at 15:42

Have a ball Cape Wrathers

10/05/2013 at 17:25

Good luck everyone going to Cape Wrath .

10/05/2013 at 19:18

Thanks folks! Busy packing my four seasons in a day wardrobe! Lesson from last year is you can't take too many pairs of trainers.

Not off until tomorrow lunchtime.

10/05/2013 at 19:20

Huh been raining on and off since mid-day !

10/05/2013 at 22:04

It was pretty rotten by 4.30pm along the coast cragchick. Got totally soaked on the run home!

Great Glen Way is 79 miles I think. I've only done the northern bit myself.

10/05/2013 at 22:44

Cragchick...enjoy the 'bimble' for the 3 miles after Shiel Bridge!.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.