Scottish Runners

30,781 to 30,800 of 33,372 messages
13/05/2013 at 18:27

Thanks cragchick, nice race organisation from the Forres folks. Ben Rinnes is certainly an adventurous run! Are you doing any of the forest runs?

14/05/2013 at 07:37
Edited: 14/05/2013 at 07:53
14/05/2013 at 08:36

Mornng

Still got cold so nothing bar walking Geordie

14/05/2013 at 10:25

I did boot camp last night in a hail storm!

I am away on a school trip this weekend so I won't get my usual running in. Also have two parents evenings. Grrr

14/05/2013 at 12:30

I managed a run this morning, not much but I was pushed for time so was pleased I made the effort to get out there at all!  I have the race for life a week on Sunday so trying hard to keep the training up, is anyone else doing this? 

14/05/2013 at 14:40

Afternoon all, weather here in Edinburgh is changeable to say the least, slowing down for the Edinburgh half in a couple of weeks time, looking for 1-45. I believe it is quite a fast course. Was really keen to CW but new job meant no chance. Off to Oldshoremore for a weeks holiday in Sept, so hopefully manage a few runs. 

14/05/2013 at 17:45

Out at a work thing tonight, so no running.

At Pilates class last night, had bad attack of cramp in left calf and right foot at the same time - too much hilly running? 

14/05/2013 at 18:53

Quick pop in to say hi and that we haven't blown away!! VERY windy until today seems a bit calmer so managed to escape the tent for the afternoon. Both races have been dry so far - I did the half and the shorter hill race while bf did 10k and longer hill race (and won both wouldn't u know!!... Smart arse). Lovely to meet Elspeth and OH. 

Stunning place here.. But would be a tough one long term...that said I wouldn't be in a tent in that case!! Loving it so far though.. Although am dreading the marathon as feel knackered already despite trying to take it easy.

Welcome back kg. Sounds like everyone is going well!!

Will  tap in later. Mixed 10 mile /6mile run tomorrow before short beach 5k Thursday then day off Friday before marathon on Saturday. 

15/05/2013 at 06:58

UTC, brings back fond memories. I think I might just have to do CW one more time. Maybe target that for next years major event.

Back off the Aberdeen this morning.

Baby FFB had a good 18th yesterday. Lots of presents (and cash ), a home made chocolate fudge cake, which she got to eat a slice of for breakfast . The champagne afternoon tea followed by cocktails at The Blytheswood. They even made her a special version of a Mojito, and very nice it was too.

15/05/2013 at 08:39

Morning

Catch up

Hopefully a run tomorrow. Been walking Geordie though.

15/05/2013 at 09:51

Morning all

Not been on much last few days, bogged down with numbers, excel, data analysis etc so the last thing I wanted to do was look at a screen - and trying to find primary paper records for work that was done 13 years ago ! Help my addled brain !

UTC - I didnt realise you were camping ! Hope the tent stays upright until the end of the week ! Good luck with the rest of it - the 'Round Durness' is one of my favourite runs .

Happy belated birthday baby FFB .

Off for a run then back to the data-millstone - have a good one you lot.

15/05/2013 at 12:22

Hey TP, yes we are camping!! The 1st and 2nd nights were a bit rough but wind has mega calmed down now and it was again dry for the races.

Both of us did the shorter route in the end. My legs were feeling heavy. Bf won by about 3 mins. TP you are right though it is a lovely run. Really enjoyed it! Not sure of my time but I managed to catch a few people in the last mile so happy with that.

FFB you should def do it again!! I am definitely thinking about it!!!

Now going costume shopping for tomorrow's fancy dress beach run. What to dress up as??

15/05/2013 at 12:24

Hello all,

I am hoping that I get away from Parents Night on time to go for a run. I will struggle the rest of the week because I'm off to Loch Morlich for a water sports camp! Will be a lot of fun.

I will take my running gear in case an opportunity presents itself!

One week off schedule won't do too much harm will it?

15/05/2013 at 19:00

That sounds fab UTC

Hope you feel better soon bm.

Loch Morlich is lovely Lee-Anne. Definitely lots of running opportunities

Happy Birthday baby FFB

Extreme taper for Cateran Trail for me, got one of my blooming headaches

15/05/2013 at 22:22

Well done UTC and BF.

Hope your headache's better Mrs Mac.

Enjoy Loch Morlich Lee-Anne.

Enjoyed my run tonight, although got caught in a (fortunately brief) hailstorm.

16/05/2013 at 09:15

Morning

3M Easy/Steady off road this morning.

Well done's to UTC and bf

Miss B won her class 800m, after wining the 1500m on Tuesday. She's well chuffed.

16/05/2013 at 17:02

Hi everyone hope you are all well, I went for my first full 5k run earlier in 35:47 which isn't going to break any records but I was chuffed! A few months ago I couldn't run the length of myself so just shows hard work pays off  

glad to see the sun out for a change  

16/05/2013 at 18:46

Well done Miss B, and well done Bowies. Very sunny here too; nice easy run this evening.

16/05/2013 at 18:49

Alison: Cheers

Bowies: Well done.

16/05/2013 at 19:27

Well done Bowies.  I started running in January and tonight i just ran 5k in 23:24 which is a new PB for me.  Just goes to show if you keep at it you'll see your times improve quite dramatically.  I'm at the stage now though where knocking a few seconds off my PB is a great achievement.

Anyway, nice little run tonight in nice mild conditions.  Looking forward to my longer 13 mile run at the weekend.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.