Scottish Runners

30,841 to 30,860 of 33,393 messages
17/04/2013 at 21:54

a run is a run, it is never pathetic ... and if it was muddy and wet, then that is even more so

18/04/2013 at 00:22

I seem to have missed a lot of posts in the last few days. Not much running for me given the conditions detailed by cragchick (the neighbouring field is now covering my garden and with a dose of rain I expect a fine crop of something to start sprouting). Still trying to get the dirt out of the house too. Plus the dust is not doing my pre-Fling cold and cough any good. Ahh, must be taper time.

Well done to birkmyre's son and commiserations to UTC.

You can get a late entry to the Hoy Half if you have accomodation on the island, 3 guys even camped at the island's theatre last year which was keen! The main limitation is ferry space for the day trippers. Never got around to taking a run on Flotta so I'll have to do the 10k one year.

There's really nothing more I can add to what you've all said about Boston. I suspect I might don my Boston marathon shirt for the Fling though as a small gesture of solidarity. The spectators at that race really are tremendous.

18/04/2013 at 08:52

Morning you lot

Weird I couldn't post on RW yesterday.

4M Steady run today in wind and pouring rain.

Lots to catch up on.

18/04/2013 at 14:13

Wow, a bit of a blustery one today

18/04/2013 at 14:54

But at least it has stopped raining , yesterday was unbelievable!

Ouch UTC, hope your shoulder recovers soon.

Just been looking at the RAW site - they are talking about doing the route in reverse this year, so Ayr out to Glenbuck , but don't say anything about return transport from the middle of nowhere . At least it means there should be toilets at the start this year (hopefully) ! Hmmmmm, trying to visualise whether this actually makes the course harder / more uphill !

18/04/2013 at 20:02

(((UTC)))

Lee-Anne, never think what you do is pathetic. You did it

57.5, hope the lurgy goes soon and you're fighting fit for the Fling.

Finally shifted the head yesterday so had a bouncy 8 miles in the monsoon. Knackered tonight but forced myself to do 5 on the tready and feel much better for it

18/04/2013 at 22:28

Just a short run this evening. A bit less windy.

Good running Lee-Anne.

19/04/2013 at 09:18

Nice morning today. What a contrast to last 2 days.

19/04/2013 at 11:55

So beautiful out today.

I am due a rest day today and my knee needs it. It was quite sore last night so I ran the first half of the route and walked the rest.

Glad you feel better Mrs Mac.

20/04/2013 at 07:06

In for a nosey.

20/04/2013 at 10:17

Hope your knee is improving Lee-Anne.

Lovely day here today. Hoping for similar for Angus half marathon tomorrow. 

20/04/2013 at 15:13

Fingers crossed for you Alison 

Decided against the half though and opted for 20 miles along the cliffs today

20/04/2013 at 15:58

Just back from a 18 miles recce run on the Clyde stride with a group of guys off Facebook- great way to get a long run in. Tired now.....I think the 55 miles from 2 weeks ago are still in my legs, I would never have run that far if I'd just been on my own.

Blustery but lovely out- I think it's quite a sheltered route in many parts.

21/04/2013 at 07:29

Morning

Rest Day, but up at usual time walking dog. Wet and  cold out

All the best to those racing today.

21/04/2013 at 14:12

Hello all, think someone is trying to tell me not to try running.  I was training end of last year for 10k but injured my back (not running, moving furniture) and was told not to train.  Had a few other problems after that so not run for a while now.  GP says I am ok to start from scratch again.  Gutted I missed the races I had places for but hopefully I can get there this time....

Hope everyone is doing well with their runs and good luck to those running in London today

21/04/2013 at 14:43

Good running Mrs Mac and tricia.

Sorry to hear about your injury Samantha - good that you can run again now.

My time in the Angus half was about 1:53 - very pleased as pb by about 3 minutes. Very hilly, especially the last 5 miles.

21/04/2013 at 14:48

Well done Alison and thanks

21/04/2013 at 15:03

well done Alison!!! Great PB!! I was hoping to do a Half around this time and Angus was on my list as there weren't many others after I missed Alloa/Inverness. Then the injury happened as well and bf also away for the weekend so would have been difficult to get there and probably wouldn't have run well. Have been watching London so am off out for run now... not sure how it will go, hoping for pain free that will do.

To be honest am getting more pain now from ?referred pain in my forearm/wrist than anything.   Just hoping to stay fit enough CW... am not aiming for a PB on this one so not too concerned. 

Then will be building for the Half IM.

Welcome Back Samantha, hope you manage to get back to running!

21/04/2013 at 15:24

Hope you have pain free run Ultra tri chick.

Thanks, just digging out my training plan from last year.

21/04/2013 at 17:12

Ouch UTC to the referred pain - trapped nerves??

Yay to PBs and coastal runs

sunny but blustery here.

Good running week for me, somehow clocked about 50ish miles. Orienteering yesterday, my usual dodgy effort of random stupid mistakes - I can run, I can navigate, I can do both on mountain marathons, but little orienteering courses and I am officially cr*p!!!

Eight miles on the bikes this morning with the kids. Along the front at Nairn and also up and down river a bit, hot chocolates in a cafe and playing on the swings etc. All very blustery though and cold despite the sun. Getting BORED of this wind now!!

Had big dilemma this week and name came up on waiting list for the NDW 100-miler in August. Really wanted to do it, but logistics just impossible with kids on hols and hubby away all week, so have reluctantly said no, and now in a real grump!!!!  We need some more looooong races up here, that don't require support crews!!  Love sound of the Southern Upland Way route ... agree with TP re varying distances etc.  And now the snow is disappearing need to start planning my autumn route I think.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.