Scottish Runners

30,841 to 30,860 of 33,516 messages
21/05/2013 at 19:44

well done Mrs Mac, awesome stuff. elspeth, hope you enjoyed the experience.

21/05/2013 at 21:33

evening

lovely 7 miles tonight... gorgeous run and great to relax after work. Legs still a little heavy but much better than yesterday. 

Great running CC... enjoy Skye!! Have yet to visit there!

OH, great report... and great pics on FB!! 

Am marshalling at Kilpatricks Hill race tomorrow so hopefull get a run in before work.. meant to run this morning but slept in so glad to get a good run in tonight.

22/05/2013 at 06:45

Morning

4.5M Steady. Not a bad session, the  sun was just breaking through the clouds when out

MissB has been chosen to compete for her class in the school sports High Jump.

22/05/2013 at 08:08

Nothing but work for me since getting home

BUT I seem to have been talked into a trip to Stornoway for the HM there on Sat, I must be mad, 4 ferry trips in one weekend. What I didn't realise was it involved a visit to Inverness for the others to shop on the way home! YUK. But not much I can do about it as it's 3 or 4 of us going.

Better go for a run today then

CC want full report from Dirty Thirty as want to do it sometime!

22/05/2013 at 08:18

Another 7 miles this morning. Lovely out. 

Off to work now....

Marshalling duties later.

22/05/2013 at 08:46

Great report Elspeth, enjoy Stornoway. Never realised their Half Marathon was this Saturday.

22/05/2013 at 13:00

Wow lots to catch up on. Well done cape wrathers and Mrs Mac. I am now getting back into full training. This travelling to Aberdeen and back is in some ways a pain, but it does mean when I am up here I can train when I want and for as long as I want without affecting family life.

On another note I am needing a marathon or an ultra in October. Any suggestions? I could do loch ness but resent the cost.

22/05/2013 at 14:18

FFB - Langdale marathon is week before Loch Ness and very good value, only £17 or something or there is Glen Ogle ultra which is usually first weekend in Nov, again excellent value and 33 miles. Can't think of anything in October.

Horrible weather here but must get out for a run. Hope Stornoway is better. Still if not last week's wet Saturday was good training!

22/05/2013 at 18:54

Well done Mrs Mac - very impressive. Enjoy Stornoway Elspeth.

Good weather here - sunny with a gentle breeze. Just back from a short run.

22/05/2013 at 18:57

FFB  -I just looked on the Scottish Running website. There's the Glencoe marathon on 6th October, but entry is #45. Kielder on the same day, but  that may be a bit far to travel.

22/05/2013 at 19:53

Have fun marshalling tonight UTC

That'll be a nice wee trip Elspeth Well, the running part, maybe not the shopping

Gentle breeze Alison??! I'm sure I saw trees bending from my window at work today

How long an Ultra are you after FFB? There's Rowbotham's Round Rotherham on 19th October. A cracking 50 miler for £15! Or this looks nice

Think I've got the start of a head cold but the schedule said 8 miles today Did 6 miles and decided that would do, started to take of my trainers then got annoyed with myself and ran outside again and did another 2 miles

22/05/2013 at 20:21

Evening all. Thanks for the suggestions. I had looked at the ennerdale one a few weeks ago and had forgotten about it. Glen Ogle would be the obvious choice and I did it last year, but it is just too close to the antarctic event.Will take a look at langdale.

A cracking we 7 miles on the Deeside way this evening

22/05/2013 at 21:10

Mrs Mac - you're leading me astray again, that Ennerdale run sounds lovely! Are you thinking of doing it? Hope your cold goes quickly.

More than a gentle breeze here, ran up Wideford this afternoon though not sure some of it could be classed as running with the wind in my face, then on the way back stinging hail against the legs!  Some summer weather would be good!

FFB - Langdale is great that said it is 2 laps which doesn't suit everyone but I like it.

22/05/2013 at 21:14

oops bf is a numpty... we travelled out to Kilpatrick hills only to discover that the race is next Wednesday... ach well, I ran this morning and had no plans to run tonight so we headed for shopping as we had the car so no harm done

Nice running FFB, Alison, MrsMac and hope you got out Elspeth. Your challenge is getting ever closer FFB!! 

Think I'll try get out for a run tomorrow again and swim tomorrow night. Then we're off to Jura Friday!

22/05/2013 at 21:23

http://westerlandsccc.co.uk/news.php/2105/Cape%20Wrath%20Challenge

Bf has written a wee report of the CW week on our club website

22/05/2013 at 22:30

Decided to reward a day of DIY by doing a wee hill race tonight in whisky country. Was reconsidering the wisdom as the hail came pounding down at the start, but running is Hoy stood me in good stead for the howling wind on the exposed gently rounded summit and all in all it went well. Don't think I'll become a hill racing fanatic but it has it's attractions. And at least I got there on the right day...

23/05/2013 at 07:12

Mornng

The sun just breaking through as I write

Hill session done and dusted.

Catch up time

Tri: Doh ! re the race being next Wed

23/05/2013 at 08:19

Lol BM I know....

No run for me this morning. Legs feeling tired. Swim planned this evening.Will be good to get back to swimming now my shoulder is better.

23/05/2013 at 08:21

UTC - good to know BF is prone to do silly things despite being so fast! Nice report though.

CC - was entered in Dirty 30 2 years ago but family matters intervened so very interested, had a look at a bit of it when over that way first bit looks fine but some hilly stuff in the middle, should be good.

57.5 - Well done with the hill race - was that sort of day here as well. Was there whisky at the finish?

23/05/2013 at 08:29

Tri: I did something similar years ago.

I'd went down to the local track and had just started to do a 10 x 200m track session when I noticed a lot of my club had turned up.

I'd just completed 1 x 200m rep and found out it was the club Track 800m that night (I'd thought it was the following Thursday. )

So I immediately stopped my session jogged a lap to warm down or up,rested for 15 then raced the 800m. I was a surprised 2nd Never did that again.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.