Scottish Runners

30,961 to 30,980 of 33,393 messages
01/05/2013 at 22:33

Well done getting out there MrsMac. I will think about running tomorrow. Probably wont run but WILL think about it. The dog has only been getting short walks this week too. Nothing really hurts, I just have a severe case of CBA. Got to work this weekend too which will give me another excuse.

02/05/2013 at 06:49

morning

beautiful morninga few things to do this morning so will run tonight, and after last night, really looking forward to it.. just a matter of a day's work to get out the way 1st!!

57.5, think you can afford a wee rest, dont stress

02/05/2013 at 07:27

Good morning all.

I am probably not going to make my run tonight. My two year old is doing a sterling impression of the girl in the exorcist. So I will need a sick note.

I had a massage last night and I feel like I've been beaten up is this normal?

02/05/2013 at 08:57

Cracking morning earlier

Sun shining, cold, no wind.

Younger sons last full day at school today. He's in 6th Year and his exam leave start tomorrow. Where did all that time go...

02/05/2013 at 13:34

BM - you're getting old

Lee-Anne - get well soon to your mini-exorcist! Some of these massage people can be quite rough .

Thanks MrsMac and UTC (bf) - yeah thats kinda the bit I was thinking of too. I think I will be okay at the Fort William end as I've been over that area a few times (although not for a while), but the Kinlochleven end is the bit I'm most uncertain about. Good excuse for a weekend in Kinlochleven ......but the midges (shudder)....

Had a nice slow run this morning, legs not too bad, could do with a couple of hours sleep now though .

02/05/2013 at 17:50

Midges.  shudder. Kinlochleven is gorgeous though!

I am actually covered in bruises from the massage. I look like a currant bun.

An shattered today but mini exorcist seems to be recovering. If I have to watch Cinderella again I Will cry. 

02/05/2013 at 18:58

I guess the one advantage of May doing an impression of January is that the midges will be feeling the cold...

No running yet but the house is looking tidier and better vacuumed than ever. So that's what normal people do in the time I take up training. This is actually a ploy to make sure my wife (off at a conference) allows me a few more ultra races.

02/05/2013 at 19:30

TP, the midges in Kinlochleven were AWFUL during the WHW race this year. Its a great excuse to keep running though

Poor wee mini-exorcist! Hopefully its just a 24 hour bug.

Its frightening how time flies bm

57.5, that's why I've been out running on wooden legs! Anything but hovering...

Speaking of which, did another 4 miler round the cliffs tonight in a gale

02/05/2013 at 19:57

57.5 Just a thought but perhaps best not to point out to your wife that your tidying and  vacuuming is better... you may find it becomes your permanent job!

02/05/2013 at 22:52

ha ha, my house always looks dreadful when I am training, esp as it's just me and the kids during the week. Post-race the improvement is marked. That said, someone posted a wonderful poem on FB yesterday that I totally embrace: http://www.turnbacktogod.com/poem-dust-if-you-must/ is a link to it.

Like the sound of Devil O, but again, need a flipping support crew - why is it more expensive to enter than Fling for instance btw?

Mrs Mac - wow to recovering so well. That sounds good run plans for the weekend.

16 miles for me today - back on the good ol trail, getting lost around Phorp and the Romach Reservoir (glad I had OS map with me as came out totally where I didn't expect!). Legs felt nice and strong at end - always help that running back down Dava Way is exactly that - downhill

Road running was good yesterday - mainly cos it was all the way up a nasty big hill!! Found another good hill today too. Lairig Ghru will NOT trash me ... maybe

vile weather here this afternoon after lovely morning - rain and 5 degrees .

Off for wknd in Aberdeen tmrw, meet up with old friend not seen for a year, night out at Eddie Izzard tmrw, then some shopping, gossiping and eating mainly I think ...

02/05/2013 at 23:31
Lee-Anne McAulay wrote (see)

57.5 Just a thought but perhaps best not to point out to your wife that your tidying and  vacuuming is better... you may find it becomes your permanent job!

I once tried that line with my mother.
Predictably the response was NOT in my favour!

Just 6 miles with JS tonight.
(On taper for Cape Wrath)

02/05/2013 at 23:34

TP our (4) children have all left home - heaven knows what that makes us

03/05/2013 at 06:43

Morning

TP: Yeah I do believe I am. however you're only as young as you feel !

No jokes

Lots to catch up on.

Better do so

03/05/2013 at 07:03

Edinburgh to North Berwick 20 mile RR tomorrow. The weather forecst is brilliant- sunny but cool with a 17 mph tailwind.

Please let this be accurate!

03/05/2013 at 08:58

Morning all, wow it has been a bit busy on here the last couple of days.

Here is my Highland Fling race report

Also:

FUNDRAISING QUIZ NIGHT

May 22nd, Flying Duck, Renfield Street Glasgow @ 8pm

Prizes & Raffle

Tickets £5 per head, advance purchase get you a free raffle entry. It will be teams of 4/5, fi you don't have a team organised come along and join a team on the night.

I need some advance commitment to confirm it and buy the prizes. So, if anyone interested message me or visit the Antarctic Odyssey website and contact me that way, or direct email/mobile/txt for anyone who already has my contact details.

03/05/2013 at 08:59

Forgot to mention; there is quite a plug going on on FB for the Round Strathaven 50 miler in August.

03/05/2013 at 11:47

oooh, not heard of that one ... need to investigate!!

Will read report later on, jobs to be done

Just over 9 for me this morning and feeling quite sprightly.

Age is just a number ... honest!

03/05/2013 at 16:59

Lol BM and OH - I wouldnt dare joke .

Nice 7m done this morning, missed the worst of the rain, but it was very windy. Is it ever going to stop being so windy?  

Cragchick - yeah I too am intrigued by how it can cost twice as much for DoH when you have to supply your own car / crew etc . But I wanted to do it at least once and this year have actually managed to get a crew together, which was something of a miracle - only cos I told them it doesnt go through the night though, otherwise nae chance .

I'm not tempted by Round Strathaven a) cos its all road b) okay its quite scenic in a country lane through farmland kind of way, but c) I've done loads of cycling up on that route and all I can say is its fecking windier than a windy hell-hole on top of the windiest moor you can imagine ....Yep, that just about describes it . Did I say it was windy ? Mainly seems to get Easterlys, which is the direction you will be running into for long stretches.

Loads more races have now been included in the SUMS series so its worth checking out that website as lots more events now qualify for points than before. There is a very interesting new one going through the hills near Loch Ness, but it doesnt have many entrants at the moment.

FFB - I have some friends up visiting the week of your quiz so I will ask them if they fancy it if they have time - one of them is a bit of a pub quiz whupping demon, so watch out .

03/05/2013 at 17:01

Oh and Good Luck to all Bank Holiday weekend racers .

03/05/2013 at 18:43

Sounds like a great run cragchick. Have a great time in Aberdeen, I love Eddie Izzard

Great race report FFB I love reading reports and hearing how everyone overcomes the (many) hurdles that cross our path in Ultras.

Good luck Kenny and anyone else with races this weekend.

Packed and ready to go and trash my legs (again) on my very favourite part of the WHW tomorrow

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.