Scottish Runners

31,001 to 31,020 of 33,281 messages
14/06/2013 at 06:36

Morning

Hills done

Nice sunny start to the day

Alison: Cheers. We'd a nice meal out last night

Younger son is off to Stornoway to his aunts this morning, for 10 days hols.

14/06/2013 at 10:47

Boing. This Aberdeen thing is like disappearing into a black hole. I have lots of reading to do here, but that should keep me occupied on the train home later today.

Meanwhile new blog entry here

14/06/2013 at 11:59

Heading for Orkney today via a night in Wick. Not my choice of destination for the first night of a holiday, but we have friends there who are off to work in Tanzania which would be a more difficult trip for a visit.

All set for the big race of the year, the Hoy half! Well, it is my best chance of a high placed finish in the year given the small field, and it'll be nice to see my old running haunts again. See you there Elspeth and OH.

14/06/2013 at 12:43

See you there 57.5.

Don't think we'll give you much competition though (after last weekend) but son is coming home to do Hoy and should do well.

Have stayed at Wick campsite while kayaking the coast there (from Lybster) - the coast being arguably the best part of Caithness!

Weather bright but windy today (and lifeboat been out to wrecked fishing boat)

Edited: 14/06/2013 at 12:55
14/06/2013 at 13:11

OH: My sis in law used to stay up in Caithness. In Dunnet, blink and you missed it.

14/06/2013 at 18:40

See you 57.5 - you might have to wait a while for us to finish now. My untrained ultra legs are not recovering as fast as I'd like!

Hi FFB, good training!

BM - happy belated birthday to young BM

Thoughts for TP on her race this weekend!

14/06/2013 at 20:14

Good luck to TP, and the Hoy runners.

Nice trail run this evening. John showed me the route of the Templeton Train race he did last week.

Timekeeping at the parkrun tomorrow.

15/06/2013 at 08:43

Morning, bit dreich out

Probably a bike session later

Shattered as I went to pick up oldest son and his pals from a night out  in Glasgow at 3am ! Forgot how busy Glasgow City Centre was at 3 am !

15/06/2013 at 17:26

Just back from a gentle 5 mile recovery run- first run back after last weekend's marathon- , and feeling good- Decided to do a route that has lots of steps, since the Clyde stride is well supplied with these at various points, and I find them a struggle to keep a rhythm on. Legs not bad at all- can't usually run much 1  week after a marathon, but I felt my recovery this time was much better. Might try to pick it up a bit over the next 2 weeks before re- tapering- difficult to know how much recovery the marathon needs, but it doesn't feel like much.

Dreich day- just missed getting seriously soaked!

15/06/2013 at 17:43

It is a few years since I saw Glasgow @ 3am, which can only be a good thing for my health and wellbeing.

Safely in Hoy, and a good thing we turned up in time to help erect a couple of small marquees for the race as the team were struggling in the wind.

Well done on the recovery run tricialitt. And all thge best to TP for all those miles.

15/06/2013 at 18:52

57.5 - well done on getting the tents up, wouldn't be the same without the beer tent at the end!

tricia - good recovery

Wish I could say the same for my legs, still rather wooden after last Sat's efforts, 2 mile try out confirmed this this morning.

Picked up our son who is running tomorrow too and up here for a weeks work afterwards, got into Kirkwall airport on second attempt, first plane turned back to Glasgow with technical problems.

Ali - A nice trail run sounds good.

15/06/2013 at 19:44

Good luck to all at Hoy tomorrow. I gather it must quickly fill up for entries as I was speaking to someone who got their entry fee returned as the race was full.

15/06/2013 at 20:25

George - thanks! Yes fills early as can only cope with as many as the buses and single track road can handle.

16/06/2013 at 12:30

afternoon... sorry have been MIA for a few days although have been trying to keep up. Bf was quite sick until near the end of the week but seems better now.. is away out for a 80mile cycle..

Just back from 1st proper pool swim since shoulder injury and seems to be all good... also had a lovely swim in Loch Lomond yesterday! Was toastie warm compared to other swims so far this year... then went climbing yesterday as well.. again 1st visit since properly recovered from shoulder injury, so feeling it a little today!

A few runs this week and have also been back on the turbo... oh dear need to get back on that... it was painful.

Off to meet a friend for lunch soon now that all our weekends away etc are done for a while... I'm exhausted!! 

Also got 4 weeks before I move back to the ward... have worked out training and will have moved house by then (2 weeks time) so will be a stones throw from work so it should work ok!!

Hope TP is alive and well!! Well done Tricia and all the other long ones from last weekend!! And agree, Longbow, 10k scares me now!!!  Fast and painful... and double a 5k!!

Good luck (belated) to everyone at Hoy today! weather seems pleasant (here at least!)..

16/06/2013 at 18:42

Good to meet up with 57.5 again at Hoy HM

Very warm day for us (but not as bad as 25C last week).
My son won won in 1h12:55 !

My time was a tad slower at 2h03 (but managed to pick up 3rd in age group)
(Also got medal for first team, but not one of qualifying 3 runners and one was my son ...).
A little disappointed not to get in under 2h but not surprising after last week.

Out for family meal now (3 of offspring home)

16/06/2013 at 22:31

I omitted to mention Elspeth also got in 8 minutes ahead of me and also 3rd in her age group so definitely a good family day out!
Nice meal appreciated tonight

17/06/2013 at 00:20

OH's son was a little swift for the rest of today, but I managed second in a rather more pedestrian 1:25:17. Warm and hilly describes the race in brief, but it is just nice to get good weather up here.

Having spent the rest of the day catching up with the Hoy natives I can say that OH and Elspeth are quite well known in these parts!

Glad you are back to all your multisport craziness UTC.

17/06/2013 at 06:31

Morning

Hill Session done. Not a bad morning weather wise

Need to catch up soon.

Edited: 17/06/2013 at 06:31
17/06/2013 at 10:05

1:25 DEFINITELY not pedestrian  by my reckoning. Well done 57.5 and good to meet up again.
Basking in reflected glory today. Taking yougest + friends out in kayaks later

17/06/2013 at 17:57

Glad to hear that one of our staff who collapsed at 12miles yesterday  on Hoy HM (apparently overheated) is OK again.

Pleasant day out kayaking today with 19y daughter and 2 of her pals

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.