Scottish Runners

31,001 to 31,020 of 33,653 messages
06/05/2013 at 17:47

TP... what are the numbers like for the marathon in CW? 

06/05/2013 at 20:59

UTC - Cape Wrath:
Marathon numbers about 70 for solo + relayers (17x2p, 6x3p, 6x5p)
Asynchronous start with out and back means there's lots of folk you pass on the way.

6 mile run and 4.7nm paddle today

06/05/2013 at 21:42

I don't think they are doing the 5 person relay this year OH, something about too complicated logistics and costs etc on their website.

UTC - it won't be over-crowded anyway , but there are enough people going back and forth that there is always someone to say hello to .

06/05/2013 at 21:50

TP that is indeed correct for 2013

06/05/2013 at 22:16

I was thinking of doing Loch Ness as a last race before antarctica, but when I saw the price I rather changed my mind. I remember when it first started it was such good value. How do they justify that cost?

06/05/2013 at 22:21

My favourite Fling quote on one of the steep rocky bits above the loch. 4 young walkers are perched just above the trail getting out of my way, young man holding young lady who is wobbling and looking worried. Young man says "Look, I'd rather you fell in the Loch than he did". I was impressed, but she maybe not so much.

06/05/2013 at 22:33

Just popping to say 'hi' am not Scottish and I'd use the term 'runner' lightly but currently live on Mull and started  training for Loch ness today, can't remember how much it cost cos I'd sample one too many single Malts when I did it

So yes, drinking can damage your health

Oh am 53 and did 2 5k's in 2010 and just picked up unning again last July.

07/05/2013 at 06:35

morning all

thanks guys... am sure I'll be fine, just dont want to be left behind

off out for a run now as its so nice out... back to work today (again..)

have a good day everyone!

07/05/2013 at 07:57

beautiful day out... hope everyone manages out for a run today. Think I'll be out again later!!

07/05/2013 at 09:09

Morning Tri

Cracking day as you say.

Andi; Welcome to the madhoose.

07/05/2013 at 14:23

Hi Andi, welcome to the thread.

Nice and warm today on the run around Kelvingrove Park, first above average day for months I think.

07/05/2013 at 15:21

Its certainly nice to see some sunshine Joe - I was thinking this winter would never end .

Hopefully this weather will stick around for you CW folks next week and you will have a cracking week  (jealous)!

Out on the bike today for a couple of hours, thought I was maybe being a bit rash going up to Eaglesham Moor minus jacket , but it turned out a lovely day . Passed a guy in full winter kit, tights, jacket, the works, whose only remark to me was 'I think I'm melting' .

Welcome to the thread Andi.

07/05/2013 at 15:30

Oh meant to say - UTC - if the tide comes in across the Kyle of Durness and you are still on the Cape side, you can always practice your OW swim .

Ach, wish I was going, I can picture it, crystal blue water, orange and yellow sands, dramatic pink and white rocks, seaweed lapping the edges, that lovely salty seaweed smell you only get when the air is fresh, oyster-catchers tweeting . I wanna go (strops) .

07/05/2013 at 17:58

ooooh I'm very excited now!!!!!!Thanks for the mental pic TP!!

07/05/2013 at 18:47

Great write-up of the Fling (finally got to read it).

More mist than sun here but finally creeping through.

Went in sea yesterday and tried out my wetsuit - sea is still flipping cold though!

Blinding run today (for me anyway!!). 12 miles round the forest and legs just kept getting faster and faster ... even managed a split than began with a 6, just the one though, rest a mix of 7s and 8s. 1.36 all told so that's my speedwork for the week done!

Did contemplate 10km on Sat 57.5 but is also orienteering and kids want to do that and I think I need to try and improve a bit ready for the Scottish Six Days (not that I am intending to do anything very competitive in that).

Been looking at the Cotswold Way Centuries in Sept but not sure I can be ar*ed with all the logistics

07/05/2013 at 18:48

You have painted a lurverly picture of CW there TP

07/05/2013 at 20:00

Weclome Andi. Loch Ness is £48 is I recall correctly.

Just done  a nice wee 6 miles along the Deeside way. First run since the fling. I t felt OK.

SO, not sure what is more scary: the new contract or my friend's dump of a bachelor pad  I think I know the answer to that. He really needs to get a grip and get the place sorted. Having to hold my tidiness OCD in a tight grip.

07/05/2013 at 20:25
07/05/2013 at 20:31

Nice running FFB... just back myself from a lovely 8 miles. Was aiming slightly shorter maybe 10k but its such a lovely night that I just kept adding extra wee loops.  Slow to start then felt quick, then slower again towards the end. Still gorgeous though. Really enjoyed it.

Bf away at a bike race in Edinburgh...  

Aww LN was my 1st marathon... I'd love to do it again!! Great race!!

Speedy running there CC!!

Crazy busy in work today so was great to get out once I got home. Was thinking of going for a cycle but wanted a quiet run away (mostly) from the road and sadly there is no cycle that can be done this way (not in Glasgow anyway!).

Lol TP re the OW swim! Good news there though as I'm definitely feeling much more like I'd be able for a swim now. Maybe not quite back to 3k but the last few days Ive felt a difference in extending my arm right out over my head as well as pulling back down. Will attempt a swim Thursday and see how it goes... fingers xd.

Right, off to the shop to get bf some dinner.. (and me)

07/05/2013 at 20:58

Welcome Andi. Good luck with the marathon training.

Lee-Anne - which half marathon are you planning to do?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.