Scottish Runners

31,141 to 31,160 of 33,276 messages
01/07/2013 at 19:55

Good stuff getting in a strong 20 miler FFB. Lovely article in The Sun

Get well soon 57.5, what kind of dog is he/she?

You should enter a race Alison to get your mojo back What about Dundee half?

Ha ha bm, my Mum speaks about 'warm rain' too

I know what you mean about the early entries TP. Its quite frustrating as I'm sure there's a large chunk of entries are purely folks caught up in the hysteria. What about WHW race?

Sundays 15 miler went much better than expected and I ended up running 8.40 min/mile! Up today and neither up nor down after my 45 (tarmac) miles running Very happy with how the training's going. Discovered another lady has entered the 6-day race, bringing it up to 4.......I'm no longer guaranteed a podium finish

01/07/2013 at 21:22

Hi Mrs Mac - did the Dundee half last year, but will be on holiday this time - that will help - running somewhere different is always good. Will probably enter the Forfar 10k in August. Are you doing the Dundee half?

01/07/2013 at 21:54

Cold is not too bad and I managed a nice gentle wee run with Moss (a 10 year old border collie) this evening as the weather was nice. He certainly likes to run on a trail which is promising.

Nice 15 miler MrsMac. It would be tough to be 4th of 4 in that sort of race .

02/07/2013 at 07:15

Morning

Sorry about my Warm Rain TP;. Won't mention it again. Said in his best Basil Fawlty voice

Dry today and warm

Bike session later

Well Done to Andy Murray yesterday. A gutsy performance in the second set.

02/07/2013 at 07:15

Great Sun article

02/07/2013 at 13:41

Great report Cragchick and well done on the race . Yes, your description of 'big groups of guys bumbling along' and no one chatting or allowing others to pass sounds just like the Lakeland 50!!!  

Great running MrsM - WHW has been nagging the back of my brain for sometime, but I would have problems with the crewing issue. I'm going to wait until later in the year and then just throw my hat into the ring for various ballots, then see whatever comes up . There are a few things I would like to do in the future but basically I'm going with the flow .

BM - Lol, yes but can you do the walk too?

02/07/2013 at 16:45

Spine sounds exciting and scary at the same time Cragchick ! Do they do an unsupported option on that? Bit too many hills for me, I was thinking more along the lines of Gucr ! Although I do keep looking at the Hardmoors website, which is surely some sign of insanity.......one year maybe .

02/07/2013 at 18:35

Great report cragchick Brilliant result too. Just had a look at the spine race, looks 'interesting'! I'm doing the 6-day option here 

Alison, I'm doing the full marathon in Dundee. Ran it last year too.

Great wee 5 miles in the rain tonight (not warm bm)

02/07/2013 at 21:03

Nice result cragchick and an excellent report. Will be considering for next year! You finished just behind a dentist friend of mine who could have given you advice . Basically those symptoms are not good and I'd say definitely contact the dentist if the tooth keeps getting worse or is bad enough that you want something done about it. If it just nags it could improve in the short term but has a strong chance of giving trouble later. However the treatment alternatives are quite likely extraction or root canal treatment, neither of which are joyful experiences.

02/07/2013 at 22:05
Enjoyed your report CC
03/07/2013 at 06:54

Mornng

Dry, but dull when out

4,5M Steadily done

Job Interview at 10:30 today.

cragchick: Well done

OH: Hope you're enjoying Harris.

MrsMac: Was it 'smiry rain' then ?

03/07/2013 at 07:01

TP: I'm a Fawlty Towers Fan 

No, I'd probably do both my hamstrings if I attempted to do a Basil Fawlty walk.

We were on holiday in Rhyl back in 1980 and in a hotel I swear based on Fawlty Towers.

There was a sign in the loo saying:

'For the convenience of other guests, Please flush the toilet quietly .'

It wasn't meant to be a 'funny' sign either. The owner looked like Churchill (the dog on the TV commercial) and that's not flattering her one bit !

We were booked in for a week, but left after 3 days. True Story

Edited: 03/07/2013 at 07:02
03/07/2013 at 08:12

morning BM and everyone else...

have been MIA for a bit while moving house over the weekend...

5 milesas well this morning, easy pace. Working out some nice routes for the mornings now. Managed a swim at Bardowie Loch yesterday morning still as well. Was dry while I was out although a few puddles so some fartleks involved in clearing them

Have been checking in but apologies if I miss anything...

WELL DONE CC!!!! Excellent run, a friend of ours also did this one and finished in 4:35..he was very happy!!!

Plan for tonight is either a cycle if the weather holds or the gym if not.

03/07/2013 at 08:17

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-23149800

Saw this on bbc site, heard interview last night

Morning Tri

03/07/2013 at 08:26

Morning cragchick: I still enjoy seeing it repeated, no matter how often it's on

03/07/2013 at 14:53

Arghh- Glen ogle 33 is closed. It only opened for entries 2 days ago , even the reserve list is full.

Damn.

Anyone know any other good scottish races for late in the year? ( off road ultra, but not more than about 50 miles)

03/07/2013 at 15:01

Happy new house UTC .

Well done on the placing Cragchick. Hardmoors 140 .....mind you, I suppose if you've done 110, what's another 30?

BM - a classic TV series . Not so much fun staying there though ! Your Rhyl trip sounds like my Blackpool trip, early 80's, 'en suite family room' meant me and my parents crammed into a box room with a tiny sink in the corner you could just about clean your teeth in, pulled back the curtain above the sink and there was a glorious view.......of the brick wall belonging to the house next door!!!

Cycling today, very windy and got a bit wet.....thought today was meant to be the dry day !

03/07/2013 at 17:33

B**ger....I was hoping to do that as my Nov event this year too!!! Last time I looked at that website entries were not being taken yet ...how annoying!!!

Jedburgh ultra was a very good race last year - very muddy and hard going on the climbs, but a great course, and well organised, friendly people at the checkpoints. Well worth the trip.

Cragchick - I have climbed that (back when my knee worked), cannot spell it either, but remember having to 'skip' across the scree on the way up , lovely descent into the valley between the two mountains on the way back though .

All for doing an informal Forum day oot somewhere we can all fairly easily get to if all else fails .

03/07/2013 at 20:32

Hope the interview went well bm? Not smiry rain but the really WET stuff

Happy New House UTC

15 miles tonight in glorious sunshine Ended up having to take antihistamine when I got home though as my legs were covered in red lumps due to the cliff path being a tad overgrown Feel guilty for saying but I got a place in Glen Ogle 

03/07/2013 at 21:10

Well done Cragchick. Great report too.

Birkmyre - how did the interview go?

Good running MrsMac. Are you going to taper for the Dundee marathon?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.