Scottish Runners

31,401 to 31,420 of 33,502 messages
20/06/2013 at 10:05

Morning all

Thanks all for the report comments .

Ankles now back to normal size, which is a relief . I looked like I had two club feet on Monday and Tuesday!

Going to do a gentle walk today, but not tempted to run yet , maybe some cycling next week to get back into things but I'm in no rush. Next race is not until August so plenty of recovery time.

Happy training everyone.

20/06/2013 at 13:07

great recovery TP  ... what's in August?

10 miles for me on one of my favourite routes, up to Black Loch and back from Dava ... 1 hour 25, think that's my best effort on that one ... I like tapering . Weather a bit mizzly I guess but perfect for running in.

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 13:07
20/06/2013 at 19:18

Sounds like a good run cragchick 

Good to hear you're getting back to full fitness UTC

Its amazing what the body does in reaction to the assault of a really long Ultra TP, isn't it? Glad you're recovering well

6 miles tonight, next run sometime on Saturday...somewhere on the WHW

20/06/2013 at 21:00

Cragchick - its the Devil of the Highlands for me in August - although I think I already had an encounter with that one on the Downs ! Nice run for you today .

MrsMac - indeedy, it is strange. I thought my usual knee and hip niggle would be more sore, but no ache at all there (although I haven't tried running yet), but I think the foot swelling was largely to do with two days sat in the car on the way home. If I was local to the run I would have just put my feet up straight away.

WHW sounds good - good luck in your support / pacer role MrsM - hope the weather is favourable .

21/06/2013 at 00:26

Hi All,

Aberdeen strikes again

TP a massive well done, and great race report

Lots of other good racing going on too. Well done everyone.

Got some publicity for Antarctica on STV and Herald online

QUiz night last night not so successful. A very low, but enthusatsic turnout, so we went a head and it was fine, but not much a fundraiser  unfortunately.

Training good, but I fell twice whilst running along the the bank of the Dee the other night  Skinned knees and elbows, nettle stings, staved wrist and bruised chin and forearm

21/06/2013 at 06:33

Morning

4M Easy/Steady, recovery run. Warm, dry,Okay run

cragchick: That's sound s a good run.

21/06/2013 at 07:03

Morning BM. Early start. Looks like its going to be a hot one.

I need to get a run in at some point today fitted around the day job somehow. It is a bit full on at the moment.

21/06/2013 at 07:25

Mrs Mac - enjoy your WHW weekend

TP - Jealous, I want to do the Devil someday.  It's on my dream list for next year!

FFB - good that things are going well.

21/06/2013 at 12:25

A'noon elsepth and ffb

MrsMac: Yup, enjoy WHW

21/06/2013 at 14:35

Ouch FFB - hope your bruises have recovered .

Another walk today, 3m, think I will be okay to run soon. Feet look normal ! Parents coming tomorrow, father going to do some jobs around the house for me (electrical stuff), so might see if I can fit in a short trot in the morning.

Happy weekend all and good luck anyone out racing.

21/06/2013 at 17:28

About to leave for the Black Rock 5.

Hope you're not too sore FFB.

21/06/2013 at 20:13

Evening

The downstairs bathroom is now finished. Had the ceremonial flushing

21/06/2013 at 20:52

evening

lots going on!!

FFB, good training... ouch to the falls though, hope you are ok!!!

Good luck tonight Alison!

Sounds like you are recovering well TP!

Well done on the bathroom BM

Good luck to any racers this weekend... 

I had a lovely 7 miles this morning before work and a nice cycle afterwards... although went a bit earlier due to planned grocery shop and the traffic was a tad busy in places.. no incidents though and was still enjoyable. Takes my bike total to about 170km, the most I think I've done in a long time. 

Looking forward to long session tomorrow and then OW swim Sunday before going to watch the cycle champs in town. 

Will be getting some races booked over the weekend but next one at the moment is Ullswater Olympic Triathlon. Nerves in abundance there!!!

Enjoy WHW MrsMac!!!

21/06/2013 at 22:15

Good running and cycling UTC. When is the Ullswater Triathlon?

Enjoyed the Black Rock 5. Hard work running on the sand. Feet, socks, shoes all very wet, and at the rock water up to our knees. Although called the Black Rock 5, actually only 4.36 miles, so nice surprise when the finish line came.

22/06/2013 at 06:40

Morning

45mins outing with Geordie. Drizzly rain on.

22/06/2013 at 09:19

Glad your recovery going well TP and that your feet are back to normal. heading out for my last long run before clydestride. I definitely need to find another couple of events for August and October.

Bruises turning lots of lovely shades of green. Left knee still very sore but ok for running

Happy running everyone.

22/06/2013 at 20:52

Did about 11 miles along the start of the CS route today- not fully over Strathearn yet, and now it's time to taper for CS- not sure whether to do too much, or too little!

I think I might do a few miles tomorrow as a back-to-back- seems easier on the limbs than a longer single run.

Next weekend I might go for about 15- it will be far enough away from the race for recovery, and should hopefully ease the feeling of inadequate recent preparation.Does that sounnd sensible?

I have actually done fairly similar mileage to last years trainig for CS- but last year was several of 11 mile back to backs, whereas this year is more 19 milers,and I'm not sure which is better- except that this year I've done 3 long runs on the actual course, which has to be a good thing ( although the psychological effect of a cramp nightmare over the recce run on the last stretch is not good!)

THat race report is seriously impressive, TP- I think I would get really freaked out running alone through the night, I wimped out a bit going through the rough bits of Edinburgh on the glasgowEdin, just 'cos it was dark, and I know the reputation of that area of town. I latched onto some poor other runner for company through that bit. Can't believe you are already talking about running again so soon after!

23/06/2013 at 07:01

Morning

Rest Day today.

Tricalitt: Some good training recently.

23/06/2013 at 09:29

morning BM, enjoy your rest.

Tricia, great training either way!! Clyde Stride is on my to do list.. maybe next year???

Was out early this morning for a wee tempo run with an impromptu set of hill reps at the end!! (Reps off for the summer with club so thought I may as well).

Going to watch the cycling in town today!! Exciting stuff! Have changed OW swim to tomorrow morning art Bardowie Loch instead of today. Bf knackered from 75km 5 lap cycle race yesterday... in which he managed to keep with the peleton the whole way so was quite happy as there were numerous people dropped out. Roads were gravelly/pothole-y in places and quite difficult to cycle on. Lots of bits of metal twanging off bikes all the way round including bf's gear shifter which almost completely fell off over a pothole.

I took a rest day yesterday as was exhausted for some reason. Then in the PM we packed up loads of boxes for the move next week.(Cross training???).  And got loads of stuff for bin/charity shop so that will ease the move getting rid of bulk before hand.

Have a good day everyone!!!

23/06/2013 at 09:32

oh meant to say well done at Black Rock 5 Alison!! Ullswater is in a few weeks. Tbh Im still crapping myself about the swim... but hoping I will scrape around!!! Its all about the challenge!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.