Scottish Runners

31,441 to 31,460 of 33,502 messages
25/06/2013 at 18:30

I was just thinking it looked a bit busy round by me tonight, lots of cars and police helicopters out, crowds look like concert goers not football fans.....so I checked, and its Robbie Williams in concert at Hampden tonight and tomorrow....oh dear....guess I could just leave the windows open and get a free listen !!

25/06/2013 at 18:38

TP - I was exactly the same, had a knee/itb thing that lingered although I also had a bu**ered hip-flexor, but definitely reckon it was that final descent into Eastbourne - evil.

Quite partial to a bit of Robbie Williams (the singing that is ... himself does nothing for me!!)

Race is Lairig Ghru ...

25/06/2013 at 19:15

Take care with the ITB niggles TP, wee bit more rest maybe? Enjoy the free concert

Kicking myself for not entering the Lairig Ghru race cragchick  Checked the schedule today and noticed hubby on days all weekend and I've a 30 miler to do on my own, it'd have been perfect. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for your race report

Sounds like your training's going great UTC

Your run sounds more like an assault course Elspeth

15 miles yesterday so having a rest night tonight

25/06/2013 at 22:06

Another great beach run tonight: 4.6 miles on the sand avergaing 10 min miles.

25/06/2013 at 22:51

Aw that's a shame Mrs Mac, would have been nice to say hello, although think I would be chasing the dust of your heels!!!  Just reading your schedule for the week is making me feel a real slacker!!!

25/06/2013 at 23:53

Beach running for me too tonight in some quite pleasant Nairn weather. Tomorrow could feature a forest run, a 'proper' 10k or laziness. We shall see.

26/06/2013 at 06:09

Morning

4.6M Steadily done, Sunny and warm start. Another year older today !

26/06/2013 at 08:22

Happy birthday BM!!

Had a beautiful 9 miles this morning as it was soooooo gorgeous out... but now I'm late... oops!!

26/06/2013 at 08:38

Morning again

Tri: Cheers cracking warm day so far. You got carried away with your run this morning then...

26/06/2013 at 09:46

Happy Birthday BM .

Car chaos round here last night with the concert on, spent a very entertaining couple of hours watching car stand offs and people fighting over parking spaces ....worse than when the football is on!!! More of the same tonight...............

Rest day today, work to do......enjoy the sun those that are out.

26/06/2013 at 11:34

Happy Birthday Birkmyre

easy 5km for me this morning before a trip to the dentist for two fillings  , can't complain though, hadn't been to dentist for about six years so not too bad really.

Enjoy whatever you choose to run tonight 57.5, think it's Roseisle tonight for the Forest run? Friends are helping at the finish, but I will be teaching my Pilates class - must be organised next year and get classes not to clash with races!!

26/06/2013 at 17:51

evening

What a gorgeous day!!! off out for a cycle shortly with bf.

Yes BM got a tad carried away.. ran my usual longer loop for pre work runs then decided as it was so nice to add a wee bit extra, still made work on time too. Glad you've had a good day

Planning 55km tonight, too nice a night not to... and a pretty mince day at work so need it!!

Hope you're not too sore CC after dentist... I haven't been in a while either.. should probably sort that out once we move!

TP, hope the chaos isn't too erm... chaotic tonight!!

Chilling for half an hour before heading out once bf is home

26/06/2013 at 18:18

Enjoy the ride tonight UTC

I haven't been to the dentist for ages either cragchick, not really a fan Hope it wasn't too bad?

Happy Birthday BM

Good luck with the 10K if you go 57.5.

5 miles tonight, lovely out

26/06/2013 at 19:00

feel a bit bruised but that should wear off!

Some fantastic running going on at the moment you lot!

Hmmm, not much of the glorious sunshine here today, almost broke through but not really. But it's dry so not complaining.

My car has officially died , so that will be nice replacing it . Had a good life though - can't believe I am thinking I will miss an inanimate object!!

26/06/2013 at 21:08

TP - hope it's not too chaotic round you!

CC - no sun here either hoping it's all going to be on the west coast for our week on Harris next week. Wishful thinking?

UTC - a busy day!! Well done.

At our new pool again tonight - just about managed to fit it in before closing time. Plus some grass cutting so no running fitted in, hopefully out again tomorrow.

Good running everyone.

26/06/2013 at 21:52

Happy birthday Birkmyre.

Sunny here today. Nice trail run, about 6 miles, this evening.

Enjoy Harris Elspeth - we spent a week of our honeymoon there - would love to go back.

26/06/2013 at 22:18

Happy Birthday BM

Great 8 mile run this evening along hte Deeside way and then back along the banks of the Dee. Managed to stay upright which was good

Weighed myself last night as my nutritionist was wanted to know my current weight. I have dropped 5kg in a short time: we are talking weeks  Now, it is not as if I could not afford to lose it, but the rate of the loss is a bit odd, worrying even.

26/06/2013 at 22:37

Phew!!! Tough ride tonight. A bit longer than Monday... not much, about 3-4km (so about 45km) but a LOT more climb. Good though and although a lovely evening a tad difficult with the head wind

Nice running Alison..

Elspeth hope you enjoyed your (brief) swim...  fingers crossed for Harris!!

CC hope the bruises are ok!!

TP, hope its not too mental around you with RW's 2nd night!

Bed time for me now... OW swim in the morning. No training tomorrow night, going to a graduation dinner. Should be a nice night.

26/06/2013 at 22:57

Happy 'Increased WAVA' or possibly '1 year nearer the next age group' day BM! Runners can look at aging more positively than others.

I get to go to the dentist every day, but it helps being on the blunt end of the tools .

Went for the Tain 10k as my meeting in Inverness finished in time to avoid the chaos that is the half closed Kessock bridge at 'rush hour' (that is not a phrase I usually have to worry about). Nice night for it too and I got my pacing just right to win a close battle for the last of the hand painted mugs thay give to the first five of each gender. Ethical dilemma though, my watch recorded 36.34, a modern day PB. But the official time was 36:20, an all time PB besting a run in 1991. Can't see that I was that out in hitting the watch but the timekeepers certainly didn't mix any results up. So which to accept?!

27/06/2013 at 06:08

Mornng

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hills done this morning to work off yesterdays lunch.

Went to the Tobey Carvery near Braehead. Good meal.

Out tonight for dinner with friends.

Need to catch up

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.