Scottish Runners

31,461 to 31,480 of 33,656 messages
28/06/2013 at 18:20

Well if it's windy enough then that'll keep the midges away! Enjoy

I love Harris - even though the time we spent there it pished down for most of it.

Easy easy on that knee TP, plenty of time for a bit more recovery I'd say.

6km on treadmill today with a few speedy efforts to remind me how to run fast - will need to attempt this when I hit the tarmac section at Coylumbridge to make up for crawling up and into the main section of the Lairig Ghru (no idea how you pronounce it either - I am probably Anglicising it and saying it all wrong!!).

Sound like nice birthday celebrations Birkmyre - I will be celebrating mine by doing a race ... on Sunday

28/06/2013 at 18:29

No better way to celebrate a Birthday cragchick  Good luck in case I miss you

That was a bit of a silly question right enough OH Have a great trip

Ooh, I'm quite partial to a beer too TP Glad your out running again.

30 miles planned for tomorrow and 15 on Sunday, yikes! Have a great weekend everyone

28/06/2013 at 20:33
More or less ready to head off tomorrow but poor runs yesterday and today making me wonder about my fitness. Ah well guess things may change/or not!?

CC - good luck with your race and will be good to hear all about it. Might be one to consider if it's not too easy to get lost!

Mrs Mac - that's a heavy weekend's running.

57.5 - well done on the PB!

TP - take it easy, I think you did a longish run quite recently!

Filthy weather here all day then the sun peeps out now. Put off my run all morning and not sure why I bothered as I was crawling along when I finally went out. Off to meet the midges!
28/06/2013 at 21:14

Enjoy your birthday race cragchick.

That's a tough weekend Mrs Mac.

Short but tough run in Camperdown park this evening. Quite hot here, but nice and shady near the trees.

28/06/2013 at 21:25

yes, we finally have sun too after a VERY blustery afternoon.

Weather looking interesting for the Braemar side of the race on Sunday, ach well, has 24 hours or so to improve!!

29/06/2013 at 06:47

Morning

4.5M done

Happy Birthday for tomorrow cragchick

MrsMac: A right heavy training load this weekend for you.

Dry out here since about 3pm yesterday...

29/06/2013 at 14:31

Yes- annoying about the my bookamrks- not sure how to get them back.

Struggling with lurgy- although I supose I was due to taper for CS anyway, and I should at least be over it by race day.................more lemsip annyone?

29/06/2013 at 17:49

Get well soon Tricia.

Hope the weather holds out cragchick, have a great race & Birthday

Happy Hols Elspeth Itching at the thought of the midgies

Weather was quite nice this morning, bit breezy. 30 miles done, 20 on tarmac though, yuck! Hips were quite sore but I'm putting that down to mileage/surface. Feeling quite good though

29/06/2013 at 19:31

Well done MrsMac, hectic training weekend for you. Yuk also to the tarmac!

Get well soon Tricia.

Enjoy Harris Elspeth and OH.

7m for me tonight, late run as was down at Prestwick today looking at houses (again!), one of these days I might actually move!! Good run though, energy levels good and knee much better. I put this recovery down to Jura whisky .

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Cragchick - hope the race goes well.

30/06/2013 at 07:09

Rest Day for me, out with Geordie for his first walkies.

Morning anyway

30/06/2013 at 15:03

Afternoon all. Quiet this weekend. Is that the start of the holiday season?

I got in a really good steady 20 yesterday. My last chance before Clyde Stride. I think the beach running up in Aberdeen is paying off. Rest day today I think. I was going to do some weights and a bike session, but am a bit sleepy and tired so may we  well pass.

Here is my latest blog entry. It is a sock review of sorts.

Can't remember if I posted the previous one either so here it is

And finally, a classic piece of journalism from The Scottish Sun   

30/06/2013 at 21:36

I'm still here - we go on holiday next weekend.

Great article in the Scottish Sun FFB.

Good hill walk from Glen Lyon yesterday. Just a short run today; mojo a bit lacking.

30/06/2013 at 23:11

Ethical dilemma solved. I got an official time of 36.30 which nicely equals my all time PB and is close enough to what I recorded to avoid guilt. Not sure if the timekeeper took a while to hit the start button but the leaders (and maybe the whole field, though I only remember a few times from the finishing sheet I looked at) had 10 secs added. Thanks for the congratulations, that might be me done with swift running for a while as a nasty cold hit last night.

Hope cragchick had a nice run, it was a lovely day here but a bit breezy if you were running into it.

New (borrowed) dog seems to be settling in. Might manage a short run with him tomorrow if the cold abates.

01/07/2013 at 07:13

Morning

Need to catch up

Raining out here, warm rain though...

01/07/2013 at 13:30

Afternoon all

There you go with your 'warm rain' again BM !

Actually not too bad for running in, did 7.2m today. I'm hovering around this kind of mileage until I'm certain my knee is fully recovered. At the moment it is not too bad but I can feel the hamstring straining after a few miles trying to keep everything in track .

Hope your cold doesn't come to much 57.5. Good luck with new dog!

Well done on the 20m FFB.

Entry for next years TP100 sold out in 2 days over the weekend!!!  They have moved it to May 3rd for next year, but I was still not tempted to take the risk.....might need waders to finish that one!  I'm wavering toward not wanting to enter things that far in advance these days. SDW was the same, took 5 days to sell out, 250 entrants, out of that only 190 started...... these things open too early IMO, 6 months fair enough time to train, get accommodation etc., but almost a year?, nah....... 

01/07/2013 at 19:55

Good stuff getting in a strong 20 miler FFB. Lovely article in The Sun

Get well soon 57.5, what kind of dog is he/she?

You should enter a race Alison to get your mojo back What about Dundee half?

Ha ha bm, my Mum speaks about 'warm rain' too

I know what you mean about the early entries TP. Its quite frustrating as I'm sure there's a large chunk of entries are purely folks caught up in the hysteria. What about WHW race?

Sundays 15 miler went much better than expected and I ended up running 8.40 min/mile! Up today and neither up nor down after my 45 (tarmac) miles running Very happy with how the training's going. Discovered another lady has entered the 6-day race, bringing it up to 4.......I'm no longer guaranteed a podium finish

01/07/2013 at 21:22

Hi Mrs Mac - did the Dundee half last year, but will be on holiday this time - that will help - running somewhere different is always good. Will probably enter the Forfar 10k in August. Are you doing the Dundee half?

01/07/2013 at 21:54

Cold is not too bad and I managed a nice gentle wee run with Moss (a 10 year old border collie) this evening as the weather was nice. He certainly likes to run on a trail which is promising.

Nice 15 miler MrsMac. It would be tough to be 4th of 4 in that sort of race .

02/07/2013 at 07:15

Morning

Sorry about my Warm Rain TP;. Won't mention it again. Said in his best Basil Fawlty voice

Dry today and warm

Bike session later

Well Done to Andy Murray yesterday. A gutsy performance in the second set.

02/07/2013 at 07:15

Great Sun article

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.