Scottish Runners

31,461 to 31,480 of 33,588 messages
27/06/2013 at 09:54

School holidays start today for Miss and Mrs B, so it's raining. Warm rain mind you.

27/06/2013 at 13:39

Peace has returned to my road - lots of police helicopters and cop waggons here last night - who would have thought RW fans would need all that?  (although they would have made a fortune if they had ticketed everyone illegally parked!)

3m walk in that warm rain for me today.....its still soggy though . Resting my knee a bit more, but will try a run again tomorrow I think as it feels a lot better.

Well done 57.5 - I'd take the official time .

Harris sounds good Elspeth.

Oh no Cragchick that's a shame about your car . My mother is in a similar dilemma with hers, 15yr old VW, still runs just about, but considers it 'an old friend' and won't part with it . I told her one day that old friend is going to leave you on the motorway miles from anyway, but she wasn't having any of it !

Keep an eye on that weight loss FFB ! It could just be all this extra stress of travelling to Aberdeen every week, but worth taking note of in case you suddenly lose more.

Happy graduation dinner UTC.

27/06/2013 at 14:00

yes, I am very glad this VW did the expiring BEFORE I started the drive South next Friday evening with the kids!

Another kind of muggy but not quite warm day here. 4.5 miles with my friend this morning, checking out potential course changes for one of the Forest Runs we do here every summer (4 different locations).  Nice and slow, legs feel so sluggish though - thoughts of 26+ miles on Sunday feeling a little scary!

27/06/2013 at 19:13

Which forest run cragchick?

27/06/2013 at 19:34

Definitely take the official time 57.5 because lets face it, you'd have to take it if it was slower than the time you recorded so what's the difference? Well done

Harris sounds lovely Elspeth, hope you get good weather. Will there be midgies?

You'll be fine cragchick, just taper madness kicking in

5Kg is a lot FFB. Like TP says, keep an eye on it.

5 miles tonight with a glass of red wine as a recovery drink

27/06/2013 at 20:43

Agree - definitely the official time 57.5.  The Culbin one ... want to see if we can eliminate some of the straighter sections that are apparently 'flat and boring' ... having not actually done the forest run I can't really comment, but we shall see. Need to keep the distance the same and ensure the terrain is suitable for all, so who knows ...

Mrs Mac - that's what I keep saying but oh boy, I have just felt soooooo sluggish this week ... and daughter has just come out with wonderful snotty cold she is loving to share with me

hmmm, glass of wine ...

28/06/2013 at 06:13

Morning

4M Easy/Steady on a warm dull, smiry rainy morning

TrI: Enjoy the dinner

We'd a very good dinner at Harvester in Hillington last night.

28/06/2013 at 06:15

57.5: A belated well done on your 10k time.

28/06/2013 at 17:11

Quiet on here today.

A slow 6.6m for me today, knee was generally a lot better, but its still a bit twangy on the downhills so I'm walking these where necessary. Unfortunately there is nothing totally flat around here, unless I just go round and round the block, so I have to go up and down a hill at some point if I want a more interesting run . I think I need to have more rest / x-training days in between running days whilst I am still in this recovery phase.

Wine sounds good MrsMac. I haven't had any wine for ages as the beer down South was too good to miss and also good for carbing I reckon .

Good luck all weekend racers, looking forward to CC's report on (that place I cannot spell) Gru . Happy training everyone else.

28/06/2013 at 17:59

Grr! RW has B()&&£r'd up the "My Bookmarks" again
Just getting ready for trip to Harris ...

Will there be midges, MrsMac? What, in the Western Isles? - NEVER!

Edited: 28/06/2013 at 18:00
28/06/2013 at 18:20

Well if it's windy enough then that'll keep the midges away! Enjoy

I love Harris - even though the time we spent there it pished down for most of it.

Easy easy on that knee TP, plenty of time for a bit more recovery I'd say.

6km on treadmill today with a few speedy efforts to remind me how to run fast - will need to attempt this when I hit the tarmac section at Coylumbridge to make up for crawling up and into the main section of the Lairig Ghru (no idea how you pronounce it either - I am probably Anglicising it and saying it all wrong!!).

Sound like nice birthday celebrations Birkmyre - I will be celebrating mine by doing a race ... on Sunday

28/06/2013 at 18:29

No better way to celebrate a Birthday cragchick  Good luck in case I miss you

That was a bit of a silly question right enough OH Have a great trip

Ooh, I'm quite partial to a beer too TP Glad your out running again.

30 miles planned for tomorrow and 15 on Sunday, yikes! Have a great weekend everyone

28/06/2013 at 20:33
More or less ready to head off tomorrow but poor runs yesterday and today making me wonder about my fitness. Ah well guess things may change/or not!?

CC - good luck with your race and will be good to hear all about it. Might be one to consider if it's not too easy to get lost!

Mrs Mac - that's a heavy weekend's running.

57.5 - well done on the PB!

TP - take it easy, I think you did a longish run quite recently!

Filthy weather here all day then the sun peeps out now. Put off my run all morning and not sure why I bothered as I was crawling along when I finally went out. Off to meet the midges!
28/06/2013 at 21:14

Enjoy your birthday race cragchick.

That's a tough weekend Mrs Mac.

Short but tough run in Camperdown park this evening. Quite hot here, but nice and shady near the trees.

28/06/2013 at 21:25

yes, we finally have sun too after a VERY blustery afternoon.

Weather looking interesting for the Braemar side of the race on Sunday, ach well, has 24 hours or so to improve!!

29/06/2013 at 06:47

Morning

4.5M done

Happy Birthday for tomorrow cragchick

MrsMac: A right heavy training load this weekend for you.

Dry out here since about 3pm yesterday...

29/06/2013 at 14:31

Yes- annoying about the my bookamrks- not sure how to get them back.

Struggling with lurgy- although I supose I was due to taper for CS anyway, and I should at least be over it by race day.................more lemsip annyone?

29/06/2013 at 17:49

Get well soon Tricia.

Hope the weather holds out cragchick, have a great race & Birthday

Happy Hols Elspeth Itching at the thought of the midgies

Weather was quite nice this morning, bit breezy. 30 miles done, 20 on tarmac though, yuck! Hips were quite sore but I'm putting that down to mileage/surface. Feeling quite good though

29/06/2013 at 19:31

Well done MrsMac, hectic training weekend for you. Yuk also to the tarmac!

Get well soon Tricia.

Enjoy Harris Elspeth and OH.

7m for me tonight, late run as was down at Prestwick today looking at houses (again!), one of these days I might actually move!! Good run though, energy levels good and knee much better. I put this recovery down to Jura whisky .

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Cragchick - hope the race goes well.

30/06/2013 at 07:09

Rest Day for me, out with Geordie for his first walkies.

Morning anyway

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.