Scottish Runners

31,461 to 31,480 of 33,549 messages
27/08/2013 at 17:12
FFB - quite funny! Hope you recover quickly. Remember a good full length fall coming down the big hill on Speyside!

30 years BM - thread party I think!!! 10 years for me this year, a real lightweight!

Good news on pain free running!
27/08/2013 at 22:02

Just been catching up. Away at a wedding at the weekend; not much running, but ran with the club again this evening.

Well done at Speyside FFB and 57.5. Enjoyed your blog FFB.

UTC - sorry to hear about your BF's accident.

28/08/2013 at 07:05

5M Steady again mostly off road. An extra loop today.

Younger sons first day at his Sports Coaching ( HNC ) Course at College  today.

30 years running :I've considered going back down to my old town and simply re running that very first's run route next August, That might sound stupid.

28/08/2013 at 07:52

To my mind that would be pretty cool actually birkmyre. Knowing where you ran that day is pretty impressive!

August of 1984 I would have been partying a lot while watching the Los Angeles Olympics in the middle of the night. Exercise comprised dragging myself out of bed every so often to play cricket.

28/08/2013 at 13:21

57.5: It's in my running diary from Aug 1984.That's the reason I remember it.

28/08/2013 at 13:31

Afternoon all

BM - not silly at all. Sounds like a good plan .

Liking the new calf guards Cragchick . Good idea re. walk / full kit check.

Been cycling today, there was a decided nip to the air (or I'm getting the dreaded 'taper cold'! ).

28/08/2013 at 21:11

Hey all,

Hope you are all well. Just dropping in to say hello after a couple of months without posting. 

Had a few weeks off running with a sickness bug and then when I got back to running I started suffering from a sore knee. Been struggling with it for 2 months now and have  tried ITB stretches and leg strengthening exercises to no avail. Today though I read a good article on good form running and went out tonight to put it into practice. Glad to say after a 5km run at 24min pace my knee is fine tonight. Feels strange being able to walk up and down my stairs after a run without pain. So anyway fingers crossed the tweaks made will sort out the knee issues and I'll be able to run the HM in Glasgow in a few weeks time

28/08/2013 at 21:57

You have a doppleganger cragchick!

Good luck on staying recovered iksander.

Looks a bit windy for Moray Sunday. Not Orkney windy but breezy enough.

29/08/2013 at 07:11

5M off road, dark, low cloud and mild when out

iksander: Good to have you back.

29/08/2013 at 13:37

Good luck with Moray 57.5.

Welcome back Iksander - hope your knee feels better soon.

Nice slow 8m at LSR type pace this morning, all fine . I even managed to run up and down the short sharp hill I have been walking for the last couple of weeks. I feel progress has been made .

Thursday already.....where has the week gone?

29/08/2013 at 19:06

Fingers crossed for you Iksander, hope that's you on the mend

I liked Moray marathon 57.5, good luck!

Nice one TP, progress is good

bm, that sounds like a great idea. 30 years running is a huge achievement

5 miles last night and another 5 tonight. Still got nerve pain in my foot, (self)diagnosed possible neuroma? Going to try 10 miles on Saturday and make a decision on Glenmore 24 for the following weekend.

30/08/2013 at 14:00

Well done on the swimming Cragchick !

I sometimes think about going swimming, but the feeling soon leaves me!! Besides I wouldn't want to find myself drifting over to..... 'The Dark Side' !

That is very soon MrsMac - hope your foot settles.

Rest day today, going to try a slightly longer long run tomorrow, maybe about 12-14ish. Two weeks in hand so that should be okay .

Btw Cragchick (whispers) I'm going to be using poles in the Lakes, so that should help with any knee issues.......also don't tell anyone but Lakeland 100 entry opens on 1st Sept .

30/08/2013 at 18:31

Cragchick - I have some brand spanking new Black Diamond lightweight poles to try out (early 45th birthday pressie!) . I used my 20yr old telescopic Leki walking pole on Lakeland 50 last year, definitely helped on descents, but was heavy, and I still slipped everywhere in old Inov8's. I fancied trying something lighter weight for this . If they work I will deffo be using them whenever they are allowed in future.

Definitely get excited - this is going to be a great event .

Re: poles its funny, because when I did SDW100 I was determined I was NOT going to use poles - I was going to RUN the 100, unassisted, walking, crawling, whatever, and that was that. And I did .....

However, as soon as anyone mentions 'Lake District' my attitude changes and I'm suddenly like, hmmmm where's my pole !

If you can get into UTMB on existing points that would definitely be worth a go .

I'm going to try for GUCR next year, but if I don't get in, I'm kinda chilled about it. Part of me is wanting to settle back and do some short races and get some speed back, maybe try to improve my marathon time, so I'm really undecided, but that is fine, laid back TP for 2014 .

30/08/2013 at 19:19

That's great cragchick, defo allowed to get excited

GUCR is a great target race for next year TP. Have a good run tomorrow

Yes, I agree that Glenmore is a teensy bit soon. We entered it as a backup race in case the Ultrafest didn't go to plan. We're just going to treat it as a social event, no goals or pressure. I feel recovered but I'm sure it'll soon catch up with me again!

30/08/2013 at 19:55
In awe of all the ultra running plans, hope they all go well!

Mrs Mac - no stopping you!

Good luck all doing Moray at the weekend.

Rousay lap (HM) for us tomorrow though with the forecast I'm not sure how much I'm fancying it!
31/08/2013 at 07:53

Anybody doing an Ultra has my total respect.

Catch up time.

31/08/2013 at 14:32

Good luck with the Round Rousay Elspeth . I thought it was always cold, wet and windy on that island!  

Hope your 10m went well MrsMac.

I spotted an interesting race the other day - I think it might be in September - it was the usual 'Round Cumbrae' 10miler, but this year you could do multiple laps, up to 50m. I will have to see if I can find the listing again, just in case I was imagining it !

Completed 14.1m today, everything seems to be working .

31/08/2013 at 17:13

I don't think you are imagining it TP, I've heard of that one! Can't remember where though.... Glad everything's working

Good luck tomorrow Elspeth & OH. Hope its not as windy as here today

10 miles went fine, felt like I could've run all day but I know my legs are still tired.

31/08/2013 at 17:29
Mrs Mac - you probably could!

Yes I heard of that one TP, sounds quite nice.

Just in from Rousay, long day out there, extremely windy but the rain held off apart from a long and heavy shower just before half way. Now set in for the evening. Despite my nagging not many of the usual suspects turned up so just 12 or 13 runners, not sure which! Lots of cyclists though. Unusually won by a lady (unknown here) who had sneakily caught the 2pm ferry back while rest of us still running! I didn't have a bad race despite the first 5 miles into a stiff headwind and hills, had a back wind for the big hill and scraped in under 2 hours which for that course and me I'm happy with. Ages feeling cold after though before we got home.
31/08/2013 at 18:06

Near to PW for me in Rousay (2h12) for no good reason.

Good day nevertheless

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.