Scottish Runners

31,661 to 31,680 of 33,493 messages
17/10/2013 at 23:39

Cragchick your runs always sound amazing... although liking the sound of biking with the kids too!!

Bf away tomorrow afternoon to Wales til Sunday for the Fell Running Relay Champs.. I will be doing something similar to today... running swimming and biking... might do some mtb'ing myself too over the weekend and maybe some climbing... decisions decisions.  XC Saturday again too!!

18/10/2013 at 08:12

Morning

Tri:They loved The Lion King

Run later

18/10/2013 at 09:18

UTC - good luck at the XC, and anyone else racing.

My memory is pretty good when it comes to details...its my eyesight I worry about ! I have noticed a marked deterioration since turning 45 last month , particularly if I am looking at small things on the computer then I look up and try to read something on the TV, or if someone hands me small print to read - I'm doing what my mother did and holding it at arms length .

18/10/2013 at 14:16

Afternoon all did a review of the torq energy products if anyone interested. They are very good.

Not done much this week as my knee niggling again and so I have been sensible. Climbing the walls though not being able to run. Not mechanical which is good, definitely tight abductors that are pulling it and putting a strian on the tendon.

Will do some spin bike work over the weekend and hopefully get back running next week.

UTC and CC - your runs, training and events alwasy sound interesting 

Glad Mrs & Miss B loved the Lion King 

18/10/2013 at 14:18

TP - I am on varifocals now and readers when I am wearing my contacts  It was my embroidery that forced it rather than reading. I love my varifocals. They are not cheap and I went for the top of the range lenses but worth it.

19/10/2013 at 13:49

Just popped by to say hello and catch up on what you are all up to. Love reading the blogs!  Just back from spending a few days with the family up in Aviemore. Lovely place.  My 10km run this morning turned into a right slog when the torrential rain started. Home now though and enjoying a nice brew!

19/10/2013 at 22:45

Hello again Iksander!

Love the old people talk. If you are 45 without glasses TP you are doing well!

Really warm day in Paris. Ran in the woods near Fontainebleau today with a bunch of french people who supplied wine and food after, and great autumn colours on the run. Had a few awesome runs in the last few days including 9 miles along the Seine. The roads and trails of Nairn just will not feel the same!

21/10/2013 at 08:27

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Minimal training for me due to knee niggle so weights and spin bike with some core work too. Hope to ease back into running this week.

Meant to say Elspeth - no guilt for pulling ahead the other weekend. It was great to see you running to strong and confidently. Keep it up.

Also not sure if I posted this already; The Loch Katrine Running Festival will run again in 2014 on either 9th or 23rd March, 9th being the favoured date. Just waiting for confirmation from the café folks. There is also the minor niggle of the new Borders Marathon on the 2nd which is being run on Kelso race course, so I am not sure whether to move my date or not.

21/10/2013 at 08:40

Morning

More to catch up on

Start a new job today in aldis.

21/10/2013 at 09:36

Good luck with the new job BM - hey you will be able to give us a heads up on all the bargains!

FFB - personally I would go with your favoured date - you already have a 'following' of people who have done it before, whereas Kelso will be starting from scratch and I have only seen one other mention of them so far. You could spend forever trying to dodge around other dates - let them dodge around you for a change  - you have a popular race .

Lol 57.5 - I have worn glasses for short-sight since I was at Uni (I should have worn them at school but I refused and just used to sit at the front of the class and squint ), but I am equally resistant toward getting reading glasses just yet!

After running and cycling at the weekend I think rheumatism in old age is probably more likely than not being able to see  - took a massive soaking on Saturday, and Sunday wasn't much better . I couldn't open the front door on Sat because my hand was so cold and wet I couldn't turn the key  - that was in gloves and a jacket!

21/10/2013 at 18:36
FFB - thanks. Getting close for you now, hope it's all going well and you're looking forward to the challenge.

Agree with TP go with the date that suits you best. The Kelso one is laps of a 1.1mile route apparently so may not appeal to everyone. I have unfinished/unstarted business with Katrine so hope to be there if fit.

Strange weekend here, like a Biblical flood on Sat it just rained and rained and rained. Everyone wimped out of our club run on Sat self included but I did 10 miles on my own, haven't been so wet in a while. Windy too. Yesterday it looked gloomy all morning then the sun came out in the afternoon and had a lovely walk from skaill to yesnaby if somewhat muddy. Hoping it will be nicer tomorrow.

57.5 - still enjoying Paris?
21/10/2013 at 18:52

Yay to the new job BM

I agree FFB, even though I'm doing the Borders mara I'd still do Loch Katrine if it was the week after. Both great events run by great people for great causes

The weather was a bit mental at the weekend Elspeth & TP eh? Well done both for getting out. I ran 16 miles before the really heavy stuff fell so it wasn't too bad!

21/10/2013 at 18:53
BM - good luck with the new job!
21/10/2013 at 19:35

Back in Nairn safe and sound. Less to see on the runs sadly but it's nice to see the dogs. The bad weather hit Paris Sunday so we picked a good time to leave.

adbru    pirate
21/10/2013 at 21:06

Hi Folks,

Poking my nose in again.

I haven't really trained in over 2 years now due to work etc but there are some changes now at work so I might get the chance to nget out !!

Starting all over again cause 2 miles is pigging tough

Got some silly idea's for next years goals.....

Good to see names I recognise, I'll try and have a bit more to input once I get going.

Run safe peeps

22/10/2013 at 07:46

You'd best turn up for the Meall a`Bhuachaille race Saturday cragchick or it'll be a lonely run .

22/10/2013 at 19:10

Evening

Thanks for the good wishes re new job.

TP: I sure will be able to give an early warning re aldi's running kit sale. There was one very recently

It's the first time since I was a student back in the mid 1980s that I've actually worked in my hometown !

23/10/2013 at 12:36

A'noon

Wet and windy earlier when I was out.

Was through Johnstone Town Centre on Sunday evening and they have their Christmas Lights on !  Surely it was only a test ?!

23/10/2013 at 17:08

I've been in quite a few garden centres / DIY places the last couple of days and they have all got their Xmas trees and displays out ...madness!

I was looking for fruit bushes, as tis the season to be planting...not the season to be buying an Xmas tree .

23/10/2013 at 22:48

Hi All, thanks for the commetns re the dates. Still waiting on the Loch Katrine trust to get back to me. Arghh!

Good news re the job BM

Another couple of blog entries from me. A fun piece on the practicalities of camping in Antarctica here and another one about the inevitable 'wobble' in confidence here

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.