Scottish Runners

15,861 to 15,880 of 33,210 messages
08/05/2009 at 15:39
afternoon everyone i am doin Dunfermline
08/05/2009 at 16:00

Welcome Kirsty.

See you tomorrow bedshaped, bring on the cow pats.

Get better soon BungeeXX

Good luck glasgow 10k and dunfermline folks.

debbo    pirate
08/05/2009 at 16:06
remoh - see you there, except I don't know who you are!
08/05/2009 at 16:27
i run for Portobello RC thats not much help but as Penicuik is the day before so most of them will be at that
08/05/2009 at 16:59

Hey

thanks for all being so friendly here.  This is my 5th or 6th womens 10k (I can't remember) so an old hand at it - its a great race.

Good luck to all those racing over the weekend - just hope the wind dies down a bit - or maybe it will spur us on to run faster to get into the dry!

08/05/2009 at 17:03

I thought you were Lothian Remoh? Have you moved? Enjoy the half on Sunday - may come along to cheer you all on. You too Debbo, mind seeing you last year too - enjoy

lol at the woman's 10k being like the Jan sales Tigerspaw. Not only that, some of the girls doing it are done up like their off clubbing, all glammed up!!

08/05/2009 at 17:04
and a big HELLO to you Kirsty
08/05/2009 at 17:51

Happy racing everyone, hope the weather improves for you all.  No racing for me yet, but the training is getting better and I will take a look at the SA website over the weekend and maybe get a couple sorted out.

Welcome to the new folks, there's always room for more here.

Have a great weekend.

08/05/2009 at 19:18

just back from first post-BCM run.

all i can say is......................ow!

08/05/2009 at 19:32

TDA -what is BCM?

08/05/2009 at 19:56

belfast city marathon

been spending too much time over on Norn Irn Running

08/05/2009 at 20:44

Hey all - everyone really busy as usual - good to see but what's happened to the weather....please don't tell me a sunny Lochaber was our summer .

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.

Swopped the road miles for a stint on the mtb and an amazing adrenaline session at Glentress/Peebles last night........out for a couple of hills tomorrow to start prepping for Edin 7 Hills but can only tell people i'm recovering from Lochaber for so long..............

Remember watching Cape Wrath on the adventure show and seeing people cramp up in the boast - i think that was the one........KP nuts might help though

08/05/2009 at 21:16
You keep using that excuse Paul cos I'm using the broken ankle excuse for as long as I can get away with it for
09/05/2009 at 10:43

Hi- not doing wimmins this year- even though it was really the race that got me started with this running stuff. Can't be fussed with the hassle of traffic etc, for a 10k- I'm doing the polaroid series , though -see you there TDA??- I've done them all before except the first one- bit tighr time- wise to get to Helensburgh after work for an evening race, but will make a real effort this year- Dumbarton's my favourite- PB course, and runs past my house!

Weather- yuk- it's driven me back to the treadmill - hope it clears up soon- want to get out in the sunshine!!

09/05/2009 at 19:23

sho nuff tricia, i'll be running helensburgh and clydebank, looking forward to it.....ive missed out the last few years and it's always fun

i'll be in the bella RR vest and the silly bandana

cannae do the dumbarton race sadly as i'm in a play! cripes!

Edited: 09/05/2009 at 19:24
09/05/2009 at 20:56
Oh yeah weather was yuk today Tricialitt!! Never seen the cateran trail so muddy. Didn't have the oomph to run back again so opted for just the race. Nice to see you again bedshaped and well done your club for all those prizes!!
09/05/2009 at 21:04

Aye the club did great Karen though our team were the only ones not to win a prize   And we did well too!! Hmph!!

I'm whacked tho, dunno about you. Did you manage to catch a ride back to Blairgowrie?  Great to see you today, you did great

09/05/2009 at 21:39
We did bedshaped, cadged a lift from the time keepers.
09/05/2009 at 21:47
Nice one!!   Take care of your foot .
10/05/2009 at 10:32

Hi all

Well done Karen & bedshaped  I bet it was muddy LOL plenty of rain helps with that

Good luck for all the 10Krs and Dunfy Halfers today  I'd forgotten it was the half today, not that I was going to do it anyway even if I had been fit! I'll do the 10K though at the end of the month should be fighting fit by then  Feeling better this morning, more human and actually ready for work tomorrow lol So fingers crossed the chest will improve daily now and then get lost lol Running should help with that I hope  If it stays dry today will check the legs out on the bike.

Hi Tricia  sounds like you are enjoying the outdoors a lot more now, I remember back on the Edin Mara thread last year when you hadn't really done any stuff outside, it had all been on the tready lol

15,861 to 15,880 of 33,210 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.