Scottish Runners

15,861 to 15,880 of 31,032 messages
K2
13/05/2009 at 19:07

I think she's part Welsh.

Or totally daft.

13/05/2009 at 19:20

http://www.cateran-trail.org/

Here you go K2, the cateran race. You lot are confuddling me with all these L's!!

14/05/2009 at 13:18

Hi Folks,

Yes, it is a bit quiet. This sitting around tapering lark is drving me insane

I am seriously considering going out and doing 2 - 3 miles before I kill someone or destroy something

Of course I could go and pack for CW

14/05/2009 at 14:13
afternoon all howz everybody doin  went to the meadows last night for the blooter brigade race or to give it its proper name the self transcendence races and was a bit of a shock to the system pleased with 12.59
14/05/2009 at 14:25

I think your description of the hills etc Tigerspaw is perfect!! Hilly - yeah vertical ascent lol

Happy packing you CW folks - when do you head off? Good luck to you all

Well done Remoh   Steer clear of those things myself for fear of coming last!! 

Sun's nice eh? Pity about the darned wind tho

14/05/2009 at 15:12

Ok back from a 4.25 mile pootle - feeling better but need to eat more carbs and give my left hamstring a bit of TLC. Definitely now in pack mode with little piles of 'stuff' appearing.

I am heading up on Sunday, probably leaving Glasgow late morning, early lunchtime latest.

14/05/2009 at 17:10

oooooohhhhh FFB, behave yourself and taper now! It's time to use packing as therapy - put it all in the case, take it out, put it in again (and shake it all about), make sure the bunny ears and tail fit, hop down to the shops and get some goooooood carbs (I believe Guiness is highly recommended) 

14/05/2009 at 22:23

Evening all

Late night post from me, been oot all day taking my old pal who has been up visiting for the week, down to Girvan and Lendalfoot. Lovely day, my holiday officially started today . Had huge fish supper in Ayr on way home so carbo-loading has definitely started .

Finished packing bags now, all set to go. Tired from long drive today, need to regain my boing ready to hit the A9 .

Heading north tommorrow so will wish a quick Good Luck to all doing Cateran on Saturday and hopefully see some of you in Durness on Sunday. Safe travels to all.

Have a good week everyone .

14/05/2009 at 23:34
TP - Safe journey. See you Sunday hopefully and if not on Monday.
15/05/2009 at 07:34

Morning all

Good luck to all the Cw's and Caterans  have a fab time.

Did a wee 3 miles on Wed, first run after the flu, will do 4ish this aft and build up again for The Auld Toon.

Have a good Friday all

15/05/2009 at 07:53

Hey good luck to all those doing the CW and Caterans.  Shame the weather has turned cold again. 

Getting a better training plan made up on monday so hopefully I'll break the 50 minute mark soon!

15/05/2009 at 12:14

Cheers Guys.

Finishing work soon and heading down to get ready for the Cateran trail, its going to be wet.

Then Sunday head for Cape Wrath, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Have a good week folks Happy Running

15/05/2009 at 12:40
Yeah wet, loads of mud on the Cateran trail then!! Shame I won't be there but  very best of luck to all of you and even more so you guys at Cape Wrath - much respect
15/05/2009 at 14:41
Yes - those winds scooting across caithness are looking a bit brisk. Not only that with the wind in the east it will be chilly, and if it is still there next Saturday for the marathon the return leg will be tough. Ithink Iwill be packing some extra tights & capris and LS tops as well as the shorts and vests.
K2
15/05/2009 at 20:58
See you on Sunday....
17/05/2009 at 12:04

Ooh- quiet on here- everyone away doing ultra's then? Just seen the news about the idiots up in pitlochry ruining the Etape (cycle) race by spreading tacks on the roads.......... hope there's no tin tacks up at the cateran or cape wrth, but really, how stupid is that........?

Have fun all.

17/05/2009 at 12:42
Why would someone do something like that?  I haven't seen it on the news.  Thats terrible.
17/05/2009 at 21:05

well that's a rather stupid thing to do is it not?? it'll be some locals disgruntled at road closures or something petty like that. still, pretty shoddy behaviour.

Went to the Strathallan 5 today - boy it was hard going. Went out too fast and suffered in the last couple of miles   Still, pace is slightly better again so getting there - again

18/05/2009 at 13:50

Report in the Courier today on the Etap: http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/05/18/newsstory13155780t0.asp

Sounds like there (as always with these things) were a minority of idiots - I hope they are found out and charged with something.... malicious damage? attempted bodily harm? Stupidity, unfortunately, still hasn't been outlawed!

18/05/2009 at 16:15

Just back from the gym where i had my review - the girl was amazing!  Ive got differrent cardio machines to work on when im there and great arm and tummy exercises.  Spent an hour with her!  Got a 4 weeks training programme off of this website for my running so hopefully at East Kilbride I'll get my sub 50.  What a great way to spend a holiday monday!

15,861 to 15,880 of 31,032 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.