Scottish Runners

141 to 160 of 33,411 messages
27/01/2003 at 14:47
Anyone for the round the houses Grangemouth 10K?
I'm going for it. I haven't raced since setting a new 10K pb of 44.19 in July. I've trained quite well over the last 7 months so i'll looking for a big improvement on that. Sub 40 this summer or bust.
Oh and as for motivation, i know its hard getting out day after day, but the spring isn't too far away, apparently it was 18 degrees C in Aberdeenshire yesterday. The warmest British January day on record.
Also a wise man once said of writing that inspiration is picking up the pen. The same can be said of running, once you get out the door and run, it suddenly doesn't seem so daunting and you start to enjoy it.
kg
28/01/2003 at 08:25
yes i should be running the grangemouth 10k
again this year . hope a can improve on my
45/46m results. if nothing else i will be treating this as a training run for my BARCELLONA MARATHON in MARCH.
hope to see you there.
30/01/2003 at 22:47
Hello again
Finally managed to pick myself up and get out there again for a couple of 6 milers so far this week. Will aim for 16miles on Sunday if all goes well. Must admit it does sound a long run.
Hope u r all doing well.

Robert
M
31/01/2003 at 08:07
Good for you Robert, glad you've got your motivation back.
Good luck on Sunday - running 16 miles is only in my dreams at the moment!!
M
31/01/2003 at 20:45
Just noticed on scottish Athletics bulletin board that Hado House has been cancelled due to weather conditions - the reace is now on 23/3/03 phone 01467 628 283 for further details
02/02/2003 at 20:19
Hi Folks. What a day it has been weather wise. Really mucked up my plans for a 16 mile run. Had to use the treadmill at the Health Club. Still managed to do 16 miles but thought it would never end. Not to be reccommended. Totally done in now but suppose feeling good about myself.
Hope u lot managed to achieve something today.

Robert
02/02/2003 at 20:44
Hi all, just found this thread .. and as you can tell by my name ... Scottish through and through ...
I have not had time to read all the postings ... but I did run the Jack Crawford 10k .. at the back .. and I was going to do the Arbroath Smokies ... my sistr lives in Carnoustie, just an excuse to visit really ... I did the Arbroath 10k last year .. at the back ... I think I'm seeing a trend here ...
Oh from Kilmarnock .. snowed way too heavy tonight .. in FLM no motivation to cross front door and panicking ...
maybe next week !!!
Oh and , got my entry in for the Brittanic Womens 10k in May ..
anyone interested you can enter online at www.run.glasgow.gov.uk.
03/02/2003 at 10:07
Well, my plans for lots of running this week have been well and truly scuppered by the 8 inches of snow that fell yesterday, and by the 4-6 inches that are being forecast for the next two days.

I can't even get the car out to go to the gym.

Maybe I'll forego the nice warm bus tomorrow and get the hiking boots and gaitors out.

Hi Daisy - how's the training for London going? I didn't get in, but despite having said "never again" after Loch Ness, I'm planning it again this year. Do you think you'll come up again this year?
03/02/2003 at 15:44
Hi, still very icy and cold here in Aberdeenshire, my kids sent home from school early as a severe weather warning was issued. Getting a bit fed up as I haven't run outside for nearly a week now but still managing to get to the gym. Hope I have enough miles banked to do well in the Lossiemouth Half Marathon in 2 weeks.

Hoping for better and milder weather soon.
kg
03/02/2003 at 16:06
didnt manage to get into the london marathon
but im going to BARCELONA MARATHON instead,
still trying for some serious training but hampered by the weather.
i may also try the BLACKPOOL MARATHON in june if not may wait for the loch ness race this year .
hope to see you all one of the races this year.
03/02/2003 at 17:07
Is nobody doing the Edinburgh Marathon in June?
03/02/2003 at 17:56
Not me! (Not after reading Hugh Jones' column a few months back). But I am psyching myself up for Loch Ness...
03/02/2003 at 22:58
Hi Nessie,
Out tonight for 1hr 45... it was snowing, again, on top of the 3 inches lying... I was soaking, and the going was pretty tough.. I'm just a wimp. I think the Loch Ness marathon is out this year..but I want to do it .. I have entered the Chicago.. which is October, a bit too close maybe. I may do the Inverness half ... depending on when it is.
04/02/2003 at 13:39
The half is on the 16th of March, so I'm panicking at not being able to get out because of the snow. The forecast for today was another 4-5 inches, but it hasn't appeared yet. I may have to walk the 2.5 miles to the gym to get a shot on the treadmill, as the pavements are too slippy to run on, and I can't even FIND the car!

If the half is too soon for you, I would recommend the Mid Argyll half (usually the first weekend in May) which is very very flat, and less than 2 hours from your part of the world.
04/02/2003 at 16:58
greyhond, I missed that article what was in it to put you off the Edinburgh.
04/02/2003 at 22:12
The half may just be good timing for a long run ... I have no others planned between now and the FLM.. well that I can remember.
May is the moonwalk and the Glasgow womens 10k, so I think I may be a bit bushed for another half.
06/02/2003 at 21:55
BUPA Murrayfield Hospital Lasswade 10 Mile Road Race

Sorry for hijacking this thread but this message will get lost in the events section.

Race numbers & instructions will be issued towards the end of the month for all who have entered so far.

(Postal applications close on 21 st of this month but entries will be accepted on the day. Entry forms can be downloaded from www.lasswade-athletics-club.fsnet.co.uk or contact the Race Secretary on 0131 663 4697)
06/02/2003 at 21:56
Meant to add, entries on the day £1.00 extra
06/02/2003 at 23:13
Looks as if I will be able to do the Lossie half, planning the Inverness half then a marathon at the end of March but still looking for something in the summer time, would like to try a couple of 10k's maybe or another half then the Loch Ness in September.

If that works out then I will be happy.

Anyone recommend any runs in June/July?
07/02/2003 at 14:07
Just done my first 3k race at the Aberdeen Prom. Feeling knackered, but did better than I hoped and now know I can run 3k at under 9 min mile pace, never run that fast before for longer than 800 meters.

To Sarcy if I hear of any runs will let you know, which area are you looking to run.
141 to 160 of 33,411 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.