Scottish Runners

15,981 to 16,000 of 33,502 messages
22/05/2009 at 16:49
Oh and I meant to say Mickymoomoo, the advice I was given about joining a club was once you can comfortable run 6 miles in under an hour, then that's a good time to join. Have you considered the jogscotland option? They cater for all levels and it isn't for people who can only walk/run which I know some people think is the case.  I can personally vouch for the Dunfermline/DB ones as I used to go myself.
22/05/2009 at 19:50

I could do 6 miles in under an hour  but maybe best to ease in and start off with jog scotland as you say  - the times will suit me better - its a loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg story but  I have a 23 month old and a 5 month old and another half who works in Edinburgh so finding someone to take the kids for 6.15 or so is going to be a challenge and when I go back to work it will be even more hectic!! I have contacted jogscotland and they have been very very friendly and I am going to go not next wed (my beloved 10K will be then) but the wed after.

Good luck with black rock 5!!!! My ex-hubby is really hacked off cos he has trained for it and left his application too late so he is having to go along and watch his dad and big brother run it knowing he could whoop both their behinds!! I didnt realise it was 700 capacity - might have to give it a bash next year but I know the beach run is a killer on the legs! Lovely lovely night for the run.

Thanks for the advice and I will let you know how you get on with jogscotland.

22/05/2009 at 22:03

Nice  one Mickymoomoo. Aw to cutsie wee kiddies

I cannot recommend the Black Rock 5 highly enough. It was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Yeah it was hard going, the sand was hard going, the sea was just fantastic and the killer hill at the end was hilarious   Oh boy I'm so hyper now

22/05/2009 at 22:56
Come on now you have to share your time!!!!!!!!! Spilll!
23/05/2009 at 11:13

Well I don't actually know Mickymoomoo as I forgot my watch - doh! I think it was around 40mins tho which I'm happy enough with as it was quite a challenging course (4.5 miles total).

Now who has pinched the sun???

23/05/2009 at 11:21

Thats a fantastic time it is a tough course and that hill at the end is plain old nasty!

Yes Mr Sun please come back! Meant to be a nice warm bank holiday Monday.

23/05/2009 at 18:06

hello everyone

going to do the west lothian half tomorrow

25/05/2009 at 15:06

Boing!!

Back from Cape Wrath

Wow, that was amazing, hard, but amazing.

I completed all events in times that I was happy with and probably better than I expected.

Plus 3 visits to cocoa mountain

25/05/2009 at 15:43

Well done FFB! You've now got a PB for a marathon that includes a boat trip...

Thats only a few visits to cocoa mountain and you had to keep energy up, very restrained - did you bring some back for the rest of us?  

At last, the thread can return to normal, it has been soooooooo quiet here for the last week, we tried, but obviously just weren't up to the job

25/05/2009 at 15:55
Welcome back FFB and i loved it too. Sad to miss marathon but squeezed in whw training stuff at weekend. Pal won the ladies first place in the marathon so really happy for her. 2 visits to cocoa mountain for me and i've got a cracking suntan as well. Think i did my best running so far in cape wrath, must have been the sea air. Is Tiger home? 
25/05/2009 at 16:12
well done to all you Wrathers
25/05/2009 at 16:19

Hi Karen,

I had not realised that you were not doing the marathon until I realised that I had not see you. I figured out that as I had been on the ferry just asfter 7, I will have seen all the other runners in one direction or the other. Did LD miss it too as I don't remember seeing him either.

Good thought RJ - a course PB and PB for a marathon with a ferry crossing. Mind you if I had not had a bad patch at about 15 miles I might have come close to a PB. Oh well, I will just have to find another marathon to do. I am starting to think that Loch Ness might be an option especially as that is where I got my marathon PB.

25/05/2009 at 16:37
I thought i'd said to you i wasn't staying for marathon FFB, maybe it was Tiger i told. I had been away from the friday for the cateran ultra and tarmac marathon wouldn't have helped my training anyway i suppose. Ran the the other races twice though except the half so plenty mileage done.  
25/05/2009 at 18:03
That makes sense karen. I actually found the surface really tough for the marathon, because it was neither trail nor smoothe tarmac, so I found it a bit tricky because there was quite a lot of loose stones on the tarmac which were a bit slippy especially once the rain started, and the tarmac itself was so uneven and broken. When i took my shoes off after the finish there was a huge stone wedged in the heel support  No wonder my foot felt like a bag of pulp LOL
25/05/2009 at 18:16
Karen, I meant to ask, was Lizzie's PB a marathon PB or a course PB? She finished really strongly. I was there at the finish as she came storming in. She looked really fresh too.
25/05/2009 at 19:11
Lizzie got an overall PB and she'd already PB'd at FLM but knocked even more time off at cape wrath. So chuffed for her winning as she was coming in 3rd and 4th place for the other races.
25/05/2009 at 20:22

Evenin all

WOW is all I can say! What a week.

I am:

And the hills were totally !!!!!!!!

What a week..........oh I said that already .

I want to live in Durness.......I spoke to a lot of folk during the week who had 'gone bush' (as we used to call it in Orkney) and moved up there after doing CW.......ahhhh the wilderness is calling a Tiger home .

More from me tommorrow...Tigers are knackered but very happy .

25/05/2009 at 21:05
Welcome back Tiger, I thought the hills were and the downhills even more .You get some rest and great to meet you finally.
25/05/2009 at 22:27
So chuffed for all you CW guys. It sounds awesome. I'd love to do it - one year!! You've really sold it well and it sounds amazing!!!  Rest up now, you've all worked very hard indeed!!
25/05/2009 at 22:42
Welcome back TP. I know what you mean. It was amazing and I chilled out sooo much. need to come up with a cottage industry idea
15,981 to 16,000 of 33,502 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.