See? I knew this would happen...

21 to 29 of 29 messages
gingerfurball    pirate
21/09/2010 at 10:43
MrGFB has had rocks thrown at him when out running - the only consolation was that the chavs were very bad shots!  He passed a group of youths and then next thing he heard was the BOING as the rocks they threw bounced off a lamp post.  He did a pb that run!
21/09/2010 at 11:23
bburn plodder wrote (see)

What sort of weirdo keeps an egg handy whilst driving .

Good point BB.    I've had attempted egging twice but they missed, probably because I was going faster than they realised.

Inter and Dubai Dave   Did you report the attempted murder Dave?

21/09/2010 at 14:00
Interm, my son and his gf run in Cheltenham, I've warned them about this, thanks for highlighting it.
21/09/2010 at 16:59
Intermanaut wrote (see)
Pussy. And I've got a bruise on my backside from it.

They threw a cat at you too?

Bloody hell. Hard times. 

21/09/2010 at 17:03
If the stereotype of the anti-iPodders is correct, namely that iPod wearers wander about all over the road, then wearing an iPod would be a good strategy as it makes you a harder target to hit.  Far easier, surely, to hit someone who moves in a predictable straight line?
21/09/2010 at 17:13
The One and Only XFR Bear - 90,892 posts! Jeez.
21/09/2010 at 17:17
Whilst running I got shot by a shite bag with an paint ball gun last year, that hurt like buggery at the time, reported it to the old bill what did they do....sent me a letter saying how sorry they were.....
Edited: 21/09/2010 at 17:18
21/09/2010 at 17:21

Well what do you expect them to do?

If they can't sort out who smashed into my car in the work car (private car park/grey area/don't even ask), they're not going to do much about a paint ball bruise.

And I'm sure they've got more pressing issues on their hands than our mild frustrations. 

21/09/2010 at 21:46
I wouldn't call being shot with a paintball a "mild frustration", I'd call that physical assault.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.