Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

2,001 to 2,020 of 4,310 messages
26/09/2011 at 12:19
I expect they are trying to stop people swapping numbers Nessie
26/09/2011 at 14:11

Hi Nessie Cricklade the same i have to collect my number on the morning of the race yet they sent me a letter giving me details on were to collect it from and a slip of paper with my number on it this will be the first time i had to register and collect my number

26/09/2011 at 18:57

musketeer - hmmm now i have to try and work out who you are! are you my fellow geek who was reading the maths book? possibly see you weds...
yep, chocolate going ok. another 2000+ words written today. but that was the easy bit (slagging off my own work!) going to be a lot slower tomorrow cos i actually have to get my facts right and not just make it up as i go along!

i think collecting numbers might be a marathon thing. i know you have to collect your number for london, have a feeling its the same for brighton cos they have an expo thing, and i know i had to at guernsey. i didn't like that with guernsey cos we got the race info pack at the same time, so only had it one day before and i like to be prepared.

good luck nessie & LBB - you've done all the hard work now!

26/09/2011 at 20:38

Musketeer, good to see you again, well done even though no pb, it was quite hot!!!  I never knew you and Tazi where in the same club!!!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I dont think I am sorted yet, running is not the problem its the recovery, knee gets very stiff and sore afterwards!!! Will hopefully be trying another 10K on thurs at the club so will see how that one goes!!

Towner, Old Speckled Hen, my favourite treat, I do use it as a treat as it is so nice and quite strong as well!! Took some to Switzerland last year and gave some to my foreign Helicopter friends and they where very impressed!!!!

Nessie form what I hear this can be quite common, I think it would be easier if they just allowed people to either have refunds or to pass on a number to someone else. Then again there is such competition these days some people will do anything for a quick time on paper!!!

Tazi, Musketeer has a beard if that helps!!!!

Not sure if I said but Swansea results are out, site was a little slow last night!!!!

27/09/2011 at 04:01
Tazi your number for Brighton get sent to you at the end of march
27/09/2011 at 06:36
Mr & Mrs LBB thank you so much for sponsoring me, that really is very kind of you x
I have a sponsor form at home with another £100 pledged on it and other forms left with friends etc at various places, so I hope when I eventually collect them in I will have hit my target.
Thanks again Nessie x
27/09/2011 at 13:32
Ah Toby thank you fir your sponsorship, it's really kind of you x I hope as well as smiling I can still walk !!!! LOL (glad u put Toby or I wouldn't have knob u by ur real name! ) thanks again x
Nessie
28/09/2011 at 13:24
Big count down now to mara day now, only 4 sleeps!
- 3 miles on X trainer today and massage this pm
Do u think I should cycle tonight or not?
Ta Nessie x
28/09/2011 at 13:39

Nope Nessie, any more training may be counterproductive, just rest now and good luck.

Fizzio today, appears I have a tight muscle in my leg that has been causing a few problems.  Told me to ease off now although said I can run Oldury 10 this Sunday but not to go off at a stupid pace.

28/09/2011 at 14:26
Nessie as LBB said rest rest rest and once you rested rest some more then on the day make shore you stretch and warm up well just encase there's a little stiffness in the legs and to get them going 
28/09/2011 at 18:47
Ok thanks guys
Hope oldbury goes well for you LBB
Hope everyone ok
Nessie
29/09/2011 at 12:10

Thanks Nessie

Just heard Me and MRS LBB have been rejected from next years VLM -  there loss, hope someone else on here has been successful

29/09/2011 at 12:12
hard luck mate, you and about 10 billion others!...good luck for oldbury.
29/09/2011 at 12:46
me too no luck this year for london  may try again next year
29/09/2011 at 15:14
LBB there are apparently still charity places left if that's any use for you and Mrs Lbb?
Lying on bed at B&B now, will wander down road for approximate half a mile to pub for food later. AppRently really good food and very big portions!!!

Thank you all again for all your help and advice and encouragement I will do my best not to let you all down x take care
Ttfn Nessie x
29/09/2011 at 15:46

Hi, I haven't been on here for ages, I've been sulking about my IT Band injury I picked up in January. Anyway thought I'd let you know that someone did get into LM, me. 

Nessie, good luck for your race. Don't eat anything that could be at all considered adventurous. Maybe just eat a plate of mashed potato...

29/09/2011 at 16:06
Hi madaussie welcome back. Sorry about your injury what a bugger!!! Glad u got in London well done x
Don't worry I will only eat what's safe for me, hAd banana, oat cakes, White roll , apple sauce and peppermint tea for snack lunch!!! Hope pub will have baked potato for dinner? Ttfn ness x
29/09/2011 at 16:34

No VLM for me.....unless i get a place in the club ballot.

Oldbury 10 on sunday, anyone else doing it?

29/09/2011 at 21:38

Commiserations to those who did not get in to VLM.

It is being run on my 40th Birthday - I'll be lying on a beach in Spain!

29/09/2011 at 21:39

Hi everyone, Nessie, I did send you a txt so hopefully you havent changed your phone number????? LBB and Toby have already said what is necessary so just relax and anjoy the experience!!!!

Sorry to hear about all the rejections but great to hear fro you again Madaussie and congrats!!! I also got an entry, I cannot believe that I will run the London Marathon in 2010, Olympic year!!!!!!!LBB and Steve, I hope you manage to get in on club ballot, best of luck!!!!

LBB, hopefully fizzie will get you sorted but good luck at Oldbury anyway!!!!

I am sitting here with a grin like a Cheshire cat, I just cant take it in!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.