Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

2,041 to 2,060 of 4,249 messages
02/10/2011 at 20:36
Hi everyone thanks so much for good wishes - well ican officially say I've done a marathon !!!
Cold rain hail stones at start then blazing sunshine at end!!
Well I quite upset as it all fell apart after 13 miles and I had to walk. Very nearly didn't make to the end but hubby came to meet me and walked with me- very emotional
I did it for 'Help the Heroes and they suffer such pAins, loss of limb etc I have no right to moan but I am in considerable pAin- left hip and knee in bad state can bRley walk
Soooooo it serves me right for trying to be a clever old girl. If I ever suggest another marathon u can shoot me !!!!!
Entered 2 10ks in dec though assuming I can walk by then!!!!
LBB. Spoke to two hogweeds on run and said to remember me to u but I could only remember your first name!!!
Ttfn a very very sore ness x lol will I never learn?
02/10/2011 at 20:46
WELL DONE....that is fantastic, you should be so proud of your self and yes you should and can tell everyone you've done a marathon.
the hogweeds who ran were Shane, gary, stu and dawn.
02/10/2011 at 22:25

Thanks everyone for your support, I will not be running Cardiff or Stroud, I have got rid of my Cardiff place but would anyone be interested in my Stroud number, unfortunately I have to sell it but at a discount, only £15, let me know!!!

Nessie, I am so proud of you, you beat the course, dont you dare let the walking bit take anything from your effort. As it has been said before on here you are an inspiration!!! I hope one of those 10k's is the Cracker????? More rest for you, just take it so easy and relax for now!!!!! It feels good being a 'Marathon Runner'!!!!!

Kev, well done to Oliver and the food sounded wonderful, I hope you enjoyed every forkful!!!!!

Ffran, how dd your day go then???? I do apologise agan for not wishing you good luck, I was on my way to my daughter this morning in Cardiff when it suddenly dawned on me that you where running Loch Ness, even though Nessie had commented to me she had met you!!!!!

Well done at Oldbury Steve, very warm conditions for running, specially for October!!!

03/10/2011 at 04:16

Nessie a great big well done to you there’s no shame in walking you did that’s the main thing i hope you recover quickly and your hips not to bad

Seejay sorry to hear about your knee when is Stroud as i could be interested in your number if it doesn’t class with any thing

As for myself i ran Cricklade yesterday just fail to get the lady round in under 2 hours coming home at 2:01:42 but she still happy as the heat was taking a toll on both of us towards the end but dispite it we still managed  knocked 20 of her PB for H/M it didn’t help i came down with a sore throat and s stinker of a cold it started on Thursday and to be honest if i hadn’t promised to run with her and we had a room booked  i would have stay at home

Edited: 03/10/2011 at 04:43
03/10/2011 at 05:06

i may take a week off runnig to try and shift this damed cold

Edited: 03/10/2011 at 05:07
03/10/2011 at 05:22
Hi guys thank you SO much for your kind words - I still can't believe I've done a marathon!!! ( getting all teary about it!!!)
Seej sorry u not running Cardiff and Stroud but Yes one of the 10ks is the cracker!!!! The other one is RNLI at port Talbot Margam Park, in a lovely setting - maybe see u there?
keV sounds like a good day x
Toby hope your cold clears up soon, good idea to have a break to give yourself chance to recover.
Talking of recovering - I too will have a break from running, say about 20 YEARS????
LOL
How did fran do anyone know?
Hope everyone ok? Ttfn Nessie x
03/10/2011 at 12:35

Well done Ness, an inspiration to us all, take the rest of the week off.

Seejay sorry about the injuries mate, just make sure your fit in December time for the London build up

Well done Toby - impressive time in that weather even if your feeling well, hope you feel better soon

Steve, well done at Oldury another impressive time clocked up in that heat.

Me, Oldbury 10, 86.51 I was surprised everyone got round in the conditions.

03/10/2011 at 13:06
LBB lol only the week off??
Good time well done u -
Hope everyone else ok ttfn ness
03/10/2011 at 13:28
thanks lbb and well done to you, you definitely beat the other nutter in long tights, lol. who would have thought the conditions would have been like that, thank god for those sponges.

toby well done to you and hope you feel better soon.

ffran hope the marathon went well for you also.
03/10/2011 at 14:28

Nessie - WELL DONE!!!! I was thinkking of you yesterday when I done Basingstoke half! Im under the impression Loch Ness is quite hilly too? you should be proud of yourself!, you obviously stuck in a huge effort to get to that level!

Sorry I havent come on much recently, my eldest just started school, I've changed jobs/hours etc, although I have not been on here much, I've still kept up my running. I've even convinced my wife to start, so getting a couple of extra small runs out (currently 3rd week of a C25K type plan!) I think she is doing well, although she doesnt agree, but she is doing far better then I was at that stage! (mind you, she is in better shape then I was)

Seejay - sorry to hear you're injured! hope it gets better soon! I know you'll bounce straight back though, just a shame about missing a few races!

03/10/2011 at 17:09

woohoo!! well done nessie!!
take it easy. wear your medal with pride and a BIG smile!! hope your hip & knee get better soon.

well done everyone else on times over the weekend! was flipping hot!

03/10/2011 at 17:11

Yay Nessie! Welcome fellow marathon runner!

It really doesn't matter how you finish, just so long as you do finish. Great Job!!!!!

I'll be limping around Royal Parks next Sunday, hopefully my dodgy IT band will let me. Up until very recently the most I've been able to run is 3 Miles.

03/10/2011 at 20:38
Nessie - you did the distance - well done!!!!!
03/10/2011 at 20:50

Nessie, for anyone to be on their feet for that lemgth of time takes real stamina, I couldnt do it!!!! You ran a very tough marathon in tough conditions so you can hold your head up with pride and as Tazi says be proud of that medal, very few in the country have one!!!!!

Toby, Stroud is 23rd October, week after Cardiff. Well done at Cricklade, specially running with a cold!!!!

LBB, thanks, thats the idea, I knew I would need time to recover and was planning on starting about November time so minimum 1 month maybe 5 to 6 weeks unless recovery is quicker then I will lead up slowly!!!

Brian, glad you came back, I think everyone is having a mixed up busy year!!!!!!

I text Ffran today and she did well, I will let her tell the full story but she did good!!!!

04/10/2011 at 04:41

Seejay i would be interested in your place if i buy it do i then have to let the organizers know that i will be running instead of you as i have never bought a number from any one and it does say that entries are non transferable let me go in to work tomorrow and try and book that Sunday as holiday first if i can then i will have the number off of you if that’s ok

04/10/2011 at 05:41
Thanks KeV & Seej - having read some of the posts on the Loch Ness forum I am realising what a tough course it was ( I thought it was me just being a wimp!) but quite a few are mentioning the tough hills and the awful coach journey to even just get to the start!
As one guy said at one point he would 'rather have been at the dentist having root canal treatment' than doing this !!!!
LOL I am putting all this down to experience and even though I said never again, a fleeting thought has crossed my mind - I wonder if I had a realFLAT course I could do a better time?????
Oh no, now you'll have to shoot me!!!!
Seej are u doing cracker & anyone else here doing it?
Ttfn Nessie x
04/10/2011 at 08:16
REALLY well done Nessie- you are a very courageous lady. You should be so proud of yourself. I can assure you that LN was the very hardest marathon I have done. But may change my mind after the 29th. You did not set yourself an easy task as a Premier!!! So give yourself a pat on the back for doing a real toughie! Warning! A marathon is like childbirth- we usually say never again, then the pain recedes and the thought of another becomes more and more attractive!
I have never disliked a race so much! I was very uncomfortable about the busing out to start- you had no control over eating schedules, toilet stops etc and it's nice to be with a loved one until the last minute. The course was relentlessly hilly from the start ( supposed to be downhill for 1st 8 miles) and it was was awful passing within 50m of Finish at mile 24. For the 1st time I had dreadful back pain so walked to try to ease the spasms and failed to get near my PB. But 33rd in Age cat so consoled.
But at least it wasn't hot! Unlike what you lot had to endure, so well done to you all.
Toby- your wife is doing well isn't she? And Br1an, it's addictive as you know- Mrs B will be joining us at races soon.
Brilliant race times in tropical heat!!
Seejay. Thank you for your messages and sorry to hear your still not 100%. You are wise enough to know when to return to racing and will return stronger than ever xx
Seejay sorry you're still not 100%. I know you have the wisdom to do what's best and you'll be back as strong as ever very soon.
Edited: 04/10/2011 at 08:20
04/10/2011 at 08:22
Sorry about the last bit on my post- good wishes to Seejay disappeared so I redid them now cant edit. Not going senile. Honest !
04/10/2011 at 09:21
LOL Ffran - that's definitely senility setting from doing too many marathons!!!
Ness x
04/10/2011 at 12:15

Well done Fran, great perseverance

Ness, there are a couple of flat ones at the end of this week if your interested  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.