Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

201 to 220 of 4,330 messages
30/09/2010 at 20:35

Thanks for positive comments guys! 

Hi Soup Dragon - your not alone - I got my rejection magazine as well

Did 2 laps on the lake in the rain tonight

Binx - yes I am lucky where I leave. Two weeks ago I was sitting on the sea wall pointing my house out to ffRAN - I'm only 400m from the beach - on the Millennium Coastal Park.

30/09/2010 at 20:56

7 miles done -as is the  lovely roast dinner. Bit  hurried as my poor hubby works nights so was off to work as soon as he cleared his plate.

My son sat his Army test today - got 100% in super quick time, so is being put forward for the Sandhurst exam - he is so thrilled.... and I am so worried. I'm sure there are safer jobs around.

30/09/2010 at 21:18
Kev - I posted the same time as you - I can verify you live a a fantastic location - I want to move just down the road! Milesand miles of beaches, cycle/running paths, lakes, golf courses and all with views of the Gower Peninsula.
30/09/2010 at 21:55

Hi everyone, too many posts to comment on but one or two little points I wll reply to.

Yes Dele is RSB (Runner String Bean)

I also got my rejection package today but have just entered Edinburgh online so hopefully wil get a place there!!

Everyone is running so well, no matter whether on treddie or outdoors. I did 8 hilly miles from work in 1:15, difficult coming back up but stuck it out for a reasonable time.

FFran, I know what you mean, my daughter is in the TA and now wants to join the regs, wants to get to Afghanistan for some reason!!!!!  I suppose they must do what they must do and I admire her for that but none the less worried!!!!

30/09/2010 at 22:29

Great to see the consistent running continuing for everyone.

Fran no problems with Tum although I still have not built up courage to try a gel yet on a run, bit late as I am considering taking them in the  race.

I had a disaster yesterday at work, caught my quad on the corner of a desk and didnt feel too bad so went for a run.  Pain kicked in about 5 and stayed til I finished 8 in around 1.20.  Then stiffened up quite badly.  I think it's a dead leg.

Got a physio appointment tomorrow to sort out a few niggles tomorrow, but I think this one could be very painful.  Despite the pain last night I must say it was one of the most positive runs I have had in ages, felt like I could have gone on and on, did same run 6 weeks ago and I was knackered at the end.

Sorry you did not get in VLM Seejay but Edinburgh will be good.  As you know me and Mrs LBB are in, so  we will represent you lovely lot - unless any of you are in too.

30/09/2010 at 22:30

ffRAN - it would be lovely to have you as a neighbour

Seejay - sorry to hear you're a "no" as well. Good luck with Edinburgh!

30/09/2010 at 22:42
Should have said - sorry to you other guys and gals who did not get in VLM too
01/10/2010 at 08:33

Am I waiting for an email or a letter from VLM? - Nothing as yet but my post always comes late.

If I don't get in, I've vowed that I'll give Spring a miss and concentrate on training to bring my shorter distance times down, but Prague is tempting me - anyone know anything about it? 

01/10/2010 at 11:38
ffRAN - you'll get a magazine through the post.
01/10/2010 at 18:40

Just been down to God's country, Kev - walked the dogs from Loughor down to Machynys, then over to Trostre. Did some grocery shopping, then, as I was unloading the bags, I found an envelope in the back of my OH's car (- we usually collect the mail on the way in and out of the drive) - "been there ages" apparently!!! It's only my blooming acceptance letter from VLM - which I didn't want, remember, due to it clashing with the due date of my second grandchild.

To think I've been so upset to get a rejection time after time, and now I'm almost as upset once again. Will now log on to find out if/how I can withdraw.  

01/10/2010 at 18:43

Well will do - 6 miles first - 1 mile warmup, 4 fast, then a mile cool down. Writing it down seems to make it happen.

PS. will be down on the Millenium path to do my 22 on Sunday come rain or shine so if you fancy joining me for a few miles RK, be lovely to see you. 

01/10/2010 at 19:52

LBB hope your dead leg gets better soon

Sorry for those of you that didn't get into VLM -

Ffran you got acceptance? but can't go? What a shame X

Kev - sounds fab for views where you live - I went to the Gower once about 20yrs ago & thought it was wonderful , beautiful coast & countryside, loved it.

Ran late pm today & first 3 or 4 miles or so & I felt as though I was flying & thought "Hey this is good" - rain wasn't too bad & it was very mild , lovely country lanes down to farm where I keep horsie BUT then I got awful stomache pains & last mile I had to walk , felt pretty rough by the time I got to farm -  just had toast & boiled potatoes for tea --

Hope everyone else ok

Was going to sign off "Speedy-Ness" but not so sure now!!!! x

01/10/2010 at 19:52

Bitter / sweet news ffRAN.  Hoe you can defer claiming injury.

Sunday I'm off to Letchworth for a course on Monday so can't join you sorry - but thanks for the offer. Would love to join you next time if you don't mind a huffing puffing slowcoach trying to keep up with you

I'll be doing 5 miles on the coastal path tomorrow tea time.

01/10/2010 at 21:11

Ooh Lop A Long - do hope you dont have The Lurgy - take care.

Never mind RK - another time perhaps.

Just got back from my 6 miler - as I run from home, the last mile is up a very steep hill. I didn't take a key but when I got home, OH had gone off to night shift and my son had gone out to see friends - thank goodness I had my phone and was able to call my son to come home. Feeling back on form at last.

Edited: 01/10/2010 at 21:37
01/10/2010 at 22:19

Hi all

Congrats to all that got in VLM and comisserations to those who didnt.

Ffran glad your feeling better. Hopefully you'll be able to defer your VLM place.

Nessie hope you havent got a nasty lurgy, look after yourself we cant have you losing you new speedy-ness  title

FFran/Seejay  Very brave children youve got there, you must be very proud of them. Do appreciate how worrying it must be though.

Running Kev Enjoy your run

Off to bed for me, night all

Binx x 

02/10/2010 at 08:02

Feeling very subdued as OH just came home from shift to report that his colleague and our very good friend, collapsed at a works do last night and died. We were exactly the same age.  He has a lovely wife, 15 yr old daughter and a 20yr old lad, my son's close friend, at uni .

'Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero!

Had a good read of the VLM mag and I can withdraw immediately and, if I pay the fee, can enter again next year (paying again, of course). So, because of the news we've had,  I've sort of decided to do it - daughter is likely to go overdue, and with all said and done, at least I'll be the right side of the country - if she goes into labour while I'm actually running, I'll just have to speed up, won't I?

Will discuss with my family today, especially Jaime, of course.

I have decided if I do run though, I'll fund raise for Mountain Rescue, as my son-in-law puts his life at risk many times throughout the walking/climbing season. We jokingly call it big boy scouts but he is one of my heroes. 

02/10/2010 at 09:36

((((ffRan)))) So sorry about your news.  What a shock but running for mountain rescue is a great tribute to him.  Give me your link if you set one up.  As a hill walker I always like to support them anyway, they do a fab job and never get much publicity.

I've just booked a VO2max test at the Marathon Store advertised in the rejects magazine.  Its free.  

Lovely morning here.

02/10/2010 at 10:10

Sorry to hear your news ffRAN.

Glad though your doing VLM. With ythe way your training is going (knocking 22 milers out for fun) it would be a shame not to do it.

Looking forward to my run later. 6 miler planned from Bynea Gateway, along the coastal path, through the golf club and finishing at the beach (park centre) with a coffee!

http://www.millenniumcoastalpark.com/mapfull.asp

Edited: 02/10/2010 at 10:16
02/10/2010 at 11:42

Hey Kev - definitely not doing the long runs for fun - with Dublin Marathon 23 days away - it's all sheer slog.

Wish my run was scheduled for today - have you seen the weather forecast for tomorrow - it will be character building!!!!!!! I'd  give it a go but yesterday's run was hard and I have this strange thing going on with my leg - I have this "dead-leg" feeling - as my foot strikes the ground, it's as if I'm getting an electric shock causing weakness/numbness and it's giving way. Not painful as such but very disconcerting. Even happened today whilst I was walking the dogs.But  I'll live.

02/10/2010 at 11:43
P.S RK - you better watch out - everyone will be booking their holidays at yours!!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.