Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

2,821 to 2,840 of 4,304 messages
01/05/2012 at 21:29
Fran OH has a recumbent bike as a convential one gives him neck and shoulder ache. Traing hampered somewhat by drought conditions!!!!!!!!
Aqua aerobics done earlier this eve - quite a good workout
Will try a run in the morn -
LBB. Good idea of frans to enter another if u can????
Ttfn Nessie
01/05/2012 at 22:31

Thanks everyone, about to go on hols for 2 weeks in Majorca but I have a marathon booked.  On 1st July I am taking part in an ironman relay - niece swimming 2.5 miles, brother cycling 112 miles and me running marathon.

Managed to get out for 4.5 miles tonight in 45 mins so no after effects of Sundays fun.

02/05/2012 at 08:20

Morning everyone, hope you're all ok  

Nessie, hope your back is recovering and that the stretches are working!

LBB, have a good holiday! I'm sure the ironman will take place in better conditions for you. Sounds like Sunday's run hasn't taken it's toll!

What was supposed to be a short recovery run soon turned into a tempo run! I started out and felt so good in my legs I thought I'd push the pace a little. 3.4 miles in 27:59 (ave 8:14) I must admit I did pay a bit later! Stiff legs and my calf was a bit tight. But plenty of stretching and rolling certainly helped. Rest day today, but again more stretching and rolling should do the trick. I put it all down to age!

Have a good day all

02/05/2012 at 11:33
Lol CB. If u put it down to age no hope for me then!!!!!
Back felt easier today I did aqua aerobics last. iChat and wonder if that helped as well? Ran for 48 mins this morn but a real pig of a hill at the end which had to be walked!!!
Youngest lad home from Uni with anxiety and panic attacks , very stressful. Rushed to see mum this morn as well as she's pulled a ligament in her knee so can't get out!!
More rain forecast for later today and tomo so off to rescue horsie from flooded fields and bring her in, also Haylage delivery ( that'll do my back good !!!!! NOT)
Run safe everyone
Ttfn ness xx
02/05/2012 at 22:28

Whao, so much going on!!!

Toby, looks like you will have a busy year, I hope it all works for you, I just realised that I cant even support my club at the Bristol 10K, will be on a classic motorbike ride for charity!!!! Will so miss the BBQ after and anyone on here who is running it, was hoping to get pics of Toby!!!! Anyway, good luck with the plan, I hope it works!!!!

Ffran, good to hear your injuries are clearing up, I know what you mean though about giving others space and no thanks!!! It happens a lot on the Bitton cycle path to me, I think it something to do with lack of manners and only caring about number one!!!!!

Chris, that calf is really playing you up, I do hope it settles down for you. Glad to hear your revocery run turned out to be something better!!!!!!

Kev, you will need to carry a kindle to keep a note of the letters after your name!!!!!!

LBB, that sounds like a disasterous race for you, I know what its like to run in high winds and rain, not pleasant. It just seems to drain you although it doesnt happen gradually, your legs suddenly feel like lea, at least thats what happened to me!!!!! Anyway as Chris said I am glad it didnt leave any lasting damage!!!!

I just want to wish everyone who is attempting to enter London the very best of luck, one of our runners tried to get in at 4.30 on monday and his application was kicked out as the entries where full!!!!! dont know what time it opened but it is even a ballot to get your entry in never mind get a place!!!!! I have to wait till 1st June for entry but hopefully by then I will be back running again!!!!

Fast walk on Monday up towards the airport, 5.02 miles in 1:13, then walked to the club last night, 2.6 in 42 mins. My total for May was 54 miles in 15 hours 2 mins. Gosh I do give you guys some rubbish statistics!!!!

02/05/2012 at 22:50
OOPS, how could I forget Nessie??????? Sounds like you are nearly drowning up there and still you run!!!!! Always so much going on in your life. Much respect to your OH for his cycling exploits, I hope everything goes well for him!!! I am sure there must be a really prestigious event for you to run at before age takes its toll!!!! You could do one of those Welsh mountain routes!!! Seriously, I am sure LBB knows of lots you could enter but if you do decide to do one I wish you the very best of luck and as always you will get all the support you need on here!!!!
03/05/2012 at 04:53

Morning all

Well 3 miles done yesterday the wife need the car yesterday so i had arranged a lift home from work so bearing that in mind i ran in to work

It took me just over 29 minutes with an Avg pace of 8:53 m/m which was a bit of a shock as i thought i was struggling although having said that the last mile the pace went from 8:17 to 9:27

Got in alright had a quick swill using the sinks in the toilets changed into the clothes i had taken in yesterday started work

to then only to find out the driver i had arranged to get the lift from wasn’t in due to personal problems at home so thought Ok weathers not to bad i can always jog home how wrong i was the rain then decided to persisted down all night so jogging home went out the window had to don the water proof gear and walk home so the 3 miles turn into 6 miles

was a little soggy when i got home more from sweat than wet from the rain well at least i only got wet coming home which isn’t so bad as it was straight in the bath room for a hot shower and then a hot cup of soup

Seejay i think the ballot for London opened at midnight it was certainly open at 4am when i entered glad to hear the recovery is going well

03/05/2012 at 22:54

Toby, sounds like a real howdydo, just one bad thing after another but at least you got a good run out of it!!! With regards London, this was 4pm he got kicked out!!!!! so it didnt even last 24 hours!!!! Anyway good luck wit your entry, I hope you are successful!!

A quick easy walk tonight, just 2.5 in 38 mins, it was a nice walk even though it was very overcast and the sky seemed full of rain!!! At least it didnt while I was out!!!

04/05/2012 at 08:04

Morning everyone!

A good run last night with my partner and a friend who was feeling a bit under the weather. Did plenty of doubling back for them both and managed 6.31 miles in 56;34 (ave 8:58). Calf and foot arch not too bad at all. Stretching, rolling and icing seems to be paying off! Hoping to run 7+ tomorrow along the cycle track (getting a bit fed up with the hills where I live!)

Have a good (extended) weekend everyone whether you're running, walking or resting!

Edited: 04/05/2012 at 12:11
04/05/2012 at 22:19
First run since my tumble this morning. 5 miles along the canal path, started quite tentatively as I've been concerned about the headaches but speeded up.Took the dogs but, as we didn't see anyone, they were off leads trotting mostly ahead, and I felt very good
Travelled up to Kent once OH woke from nights. So tonight, after children's bath and storytime, took dogs out for another run. Did the second run, 3 miles, very slowly as they were mostly on leads through the lanes and I was very nervous of tripping again.
I have a plan for another marathon before Snowdon, so will see how I do with that funny issue with my ankle/ knee, then I'll work out a training programme.
05/05/2012 at 06:30
Got my Bristol 10k number 11681, in the green zone. Mightily impressed with comment in the booklet "please keep the funnel clear when you are waiting to start as the leaders will be finishing" . That's the ultimate being lapped.
Don't get on here much these days, they should link it to Facebook.
05/05/2012 at 06:43
Just been reading catch up. Everyone seems to be in the wars. Hope everyone gets better soon, LBB lucky so and so in the sun. Talk of snow and frost this week, what is this weather all about. It's nearly 7am, not raining think I may go for a trot around block before it does.
05/05/2012 at 09:48

Morning all

went out yesterday and did 6 miles took about 59 minutes did struggled a bit legs still feel like to lead weights at the moment then just been out with the O/H this morning a nice gentle 2 miles that took us 35 minutes

Took my Garmin with me to record the run so she has something to look back on and see how much she has improved and she now knows where the mile marks are on her run so she can judge for herself how’s she doing on any particular day

Race number for Bristol arrived red 8953 so i am in wave 2 as well but with the way the legs are i may well just run for fun this time as i set a new PB last year

And i already set 2 this year

Edited: 05/05/2012 at 09:50
05/05/2012 at 10:26
Well, didn't get out for run - cut grass instead - tomorrow maybe.
05/05/2012 at 19:30
No run for me today but few long walks with dogs/ family/granddaughter, played lots, built a trampoline and bathed babies. Just waiting for the paella with a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Lovely day.
06/05/2012 at 08:07
Just entered Sodbury Slog, I'm in seventh heaven, or is it hell on earth.
06/05/2012 at 20:57
Planned 6 miles early this morning before all my SiL's family arrived for my darling's granddaughter's birthday party. Took a totally unfamiliar loop route and got back to my daughters front door in 6.01. I'm good at something - estimating mileage! Averaged 9:19mm. Really felt good and ankle/knee no problem.
06/05/2012 at 21:26
No run for me on Friday - dash to Swansea Uni with youngest for him to do his presentation - waited for him and brought him home as he's not up to the train journey or staying there.
Dog /house sitting for friends as well this weekend!!
Managed run this morn 4.8 miles in 53 mins - just seem to be getting slower!!!!!
Ah well as HG used to say 'no run is a bad run'
Hi HG by the way nice to see u back here
Fran glad u had no twinges
Hope everyone ok
Ttfn Jessie x
06/05/2012 at 21:29
Forgot to say little granddaughter came visiting today, 14 weeks already!!! So cute and full of smiles and loves looking around at everything- she was fascinated with Rooby - think Roobs was jealous of me cuddling babes!!!!
06/05/2012 at 21:31
Ooooops Sorry Seej thank u for offer of support on here from all u kind souls when i decide to tackle another mad venture!!!!
Ness
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.