Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,001 to 3,020 of 4,324 messages
24/06/2012 at 18:33
Well done Seejay! Your are being so sensible. You'll be back to top form very soon I know!
Brill run, Toby. Good for you.
Had a busy day yesterday. Ran to gym did a Body Pump class, together with new, explosive squats ( shot my calves!) then ran home - a LOT slower than my first run. Good miles for me this week (30.5) with no aches, but I have been meticulously ( and violently) stretching and the miles on mud and grass are definitely kinder to my old bones.
24/06/2012 at 19:35

Ffran, sounds like a very determined lady who wont be beaten!!!!!! Sensible is not always best but I think to start with it has to be!!!!! Thats good mileage, are you training for another race??

24/06/2012 at 19:47
Seejay- I'll be building up length of runs gradually towards Chester Marathon. I'm not yet entered as I didn't have the confidence until I'd managed the Beast because of the pain I've had in my ankles etc. I do feel up to it now so will enter - OH has booked the weekend off, too. I'm going to TRY my damnest to get a good time at Chester and then enjoy Snowdon a few weeks later Early days to nail my colours but you can all watch me burn if it doesn't work out!
24/06/2012 at 19:52

Just take it easy, we dont want to see you burn out and not be able to run again!!!!!! Sensible training will still get the results!!!!!! I suppose 4 months should be ok considering the distances you have been running, just dont try to storm it. A Marathon is just another race, you are just on your feet for longer!!!! I found that at Edinburgh.

25/06/2012 at 03:52

morning all

have to juggle the training plan around this week as i said before were off to Leicester on Friday so have counted the park run Saturday as the 3 miler i should have done today and replace it with my LSR of 8 miles then it's a 5 tomorrow and the gym session on Wednesday well that's the plan any way

ffRAN your making me feel tired just reading what you've been up to

25/06/2012 at 20:37

Well another three laps of the Park, a little slower than yesterday but not surprised. Had to run tonight to fit in with his weeks plans so no I am not doing too much!!!!

Well done Toby, using the plan like that makes it fit your lifestyle and thats what they are for, as long as you are happy with your weekly mileage thats the important bit!!!

26/06/2012 at 04:28

morning all

well 8 miles done yesterday not shore about the time as i had to call into the dentist to arrange an appointment and forgot to turn my Gramin back on only realized when i had gone about half a mile

Seejay did you run down through highridge village yesterday if so i was the chap you past in the black running vest going the other way

Edited: 26/06/2012 at 04:29
26/06/2012 at 15:07

Well did the 5 miles am feeling wiped out today so did them on the tread mill as recovery run i.e. walk 1 k run 1k will do the gym session tomorrow then that will be done for this week won’t run again then till next Monday

26/06/2012 at 21:47
Another run closer to a come back, Seejay xxx
Toby, you're training as consistently as ever - good running.
Good run tonight, no watch so no idea of time. Good to just "do" it sometimes and I'm definitely feeling stronger. More of those squats yesterday in class pm and I got to Spin in the morning and, instead of my legs feeling fatigued, I felt better.
Only problem, my running pal was telling me that seagulls have been attacking her when she takes a certain route, and, indeed, when we ran along that road, gulls swooped and threatened us again- any ideas how to thwart them? They are probably nesting somewhere but no reason to spoil our runs, eh?
27/06/2012 at 04:04

how about a shotgun or failing that and air horn

27/06/2012 at 12:53
Thought of an air rifle Toby, but police may object on a highway, but I think I have an attack alarm somewhere from my last job that we could use!!!
If it goes on any length of time, it may get professionally sorted as the route lies between the Swans and the Ospreys training grounds. They won't put up with it!!!
27/06/2012 at 21:35
Beautiful evening so a lovely, gentle 4 miles tonight, with the dogs. Ran along a great forest trail with lots of muddy puddles. From babyhood, I have been averse to getting dirty, so splashing through mud is quite a revelation!
Hope everyone is ok?...
28/06/2012 at 03:58

Morning all

Well was supposed to do a gym session yesterday but got up feeling shattered so in the end had a rest day instead will defiantly have to do it today as i won’t have time Friday

gone very quite on here were everyone gone

28/06/2012 at 22:18

Toby, all my running so far has been in Greville Smyth and I drive there so probably not me. I was dressed in light blue running top, white cap and and navy shorts. It really sounds like this is your year, I think there are a few more pb's to come!!!

Ffran, Seagulls are very territorial and will atack anything coming anywhere near their nest. I had to run some temporary telephone cable from the roof of a building once in BT and there was a nesting gull about 20 yards away. We had to get someone to stand shotgun for us and the council would not attempt to move them because they where nesting. I suspect you will just have to wear helmets until the fledglings have left. I dont think it takes long for them to get out and fly!!!! Anyway, back to running, yes it was a beautiful evening but so warm in Bristol, I only ran 1.3 miles again and I was soaked as if I had done a half marathon!!!!!

As I just said, I did another run tonight, 1.3 in 11.58, I am hoping in the next couple of runs to start increasing the mileage but still on grass!!!!! Stil feeling ok  but getting a little nervous about preparation time before Cardiff and Bristol!!!!

29/06/2012 at 02:44

morning all

well off to Leicester later today staying the night in our favorite hotel and then it's my turn to stand on the sidelines and cheer tomorrow for the wife and daughter instead of the other way around then traveling home on Saturday afternoon

30/06/2012 at 15:32

Afternoon All

well back from Leicester not quite the weekend we had planed go up there all right traffic not to bad found the park Ok were just checking in to the hotel when the wife got a text to say it had been cancelled and rearranged for July so we stayed any way went over to Morrison’s to tell the daughter as she was working there she was disappointed

So in the end the wife and daughter went out for a run this morning i went with them in spirit but the bed needed keeping warm you understand so i volunteer to do it was just one of those dirty jobs that had to be done

30/06/2012 at 19:06

Toby, I am not surprised it was cancelled, the rain up there has been horrendous, there will be other races, I know thats not much of a consellation when you have spent all that money getting there and the hotel as well!!!! I know what you mean about the dirty jobs, these women just dont understand the hardships we go through!!!!!

Plan is to do another run tomorrow, and probably monday, I wont be running next weekend as I will be at Silverstone for the Grand Prix for the whole weekend!!!! I just hope the weather is fair, my first ever F1, would be nice evn if it is just dry!!!!!!

30/06/2012 at 19:28
Hi everyone sorry i havent been on but no phone for a while plus no running for me for a couple of weeks. Had limited movements and incredible pain in shoulders. Pain killers really made me ill hubby was told by doctor to call ambulance for me as i was in such a bad way. Waiting for x ray results . appetite been knocked for 6 with all this medication!!!!!!! Couldnt stay awake let alone go out anywhere so ive stopped the medication and gradually starting to feel a bit human again!!!!
Keep up the good work Fran-Seej and Toby x
Ttfn nessie x
30/06/2012 at 22:40

Nessie, lovely to hear from you again, thought another one had deserted the ship!!!!! So sorry to hear you are having so many problems, sounds a little like my wife, I forced her to retire at the end of March because of pains in her arms and shoulder from her job. Its no June and she is still suffering. She has seen a chiropractor and now seeing an osteopath I recommended and I think it is just starting to make a small difference!!! Just get back to health first before thinking of running again.

01/07/2012 at 09:40

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Nessie.

Toby - a blow having the race postponed at such short notice.

Off to a Wedding today down in Oxwich Bay on the Gower - should be fun.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.