Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,181 to 3,200 of 4,321 messages
13/08/2012 at 16:06

Afternoon all

Well 8 miles done funny sort of weather raining at times but very muggy and humid i did start off with hat and light running jacket on but they were soon both discarded and the jacket ended up tide around my waist the whole run took 1:19:38 with an Avg pace of 9:40m/m and the 4thslowest time i done it in

Will have to come to terms with the fact the days of the sub 2 hr H/M are over  nt if i can help it

Edited: 13/08/2012 at 16:06
13/08/2012 at 21:17

Kev, its pleasure but not really a holiday, I am judging at the World Helicopter Championships in a place called Drakino which is about 100km south of Moscow. http://14whc2012.org/en/ I am going with the Helicopter Club of Great Britain. It sort of sounds exciting but I just stand on an airfield for hours on end waiting for a helicopter to do the business and then penalise them if they have doen something wrong!!! Nasty Man!!!!

Toby, well done to both, in this heat that is good running, specially for Mrs Toby and you are right, as her mileage increases it will get easier. Never say never, you still have plenty of sub 2hr halves in you, certainly I hope I have!!!!!! Good idea though to let Mo past, dont want to show him up after the Olympics!!!!!

13/08/2012 at 21:25

Sounds a good trip Seejay!

14/08/2012 at 16:28

afternoon all

well 4 miles done today no idea of the time as i forgot to turn my Garmin back on when i stop at the turn around point to stretch only no it took me 20 minutes to do the 2 miles

it was hot out there today but a nice clean heat not the muggy stuff we've been having

watch both the men's and the women's marathon and have to say i can't believe how badly both the male and female Kenyan  miss judged it as they had both won  the London marathonas this year as the commentator said their so used to having a pace maker do it for them they have no idea when it comes to doing it them self's

15/08/2012 at 09:50

Morning all. Good point about the pacemakers Toby!

15/08/2012 at 11:10
Morning gang
Well its chucking it down here!!! No run yet today - ran on monday and cycled yesterday.
Had to dash to get tiles for the bathroom. Tiler coming very early friday, so fingers crossed i got right tiles and right amount????
Hope u manage to dodge the downpours!!!
Ness x
15/08/2012 at 11:18

chucking it down here as well good job i was going in the garage for a gym session

15/08/2012 at 22:04

Toby, do you have a Garmin? if so you can set it to 'autopause' very handy when you are training. I think a lot of professional distance runners are the same, they rely on someone getting them so far and then they just pop out and finish it off. I just wonder if the governing body will ever consider getting rid of pacemakers.

Nessie, it chucked it down most of the day here but by about 2:30 or so it was starting to clear!!!

Well just did a slow club run last night, 4.2 miles but it is all good mileage. Hopefully will get 6 miles i tomorrw and then 10 on Saturday, my last run before Russia. Might try to do a couple of short runs there but really need to give my body a rest to recouperate!!!!

16/08/2012 at 10:21
Seej - Russia - Helicopters???? Youre not a secret agent are you ??? LOL
Youre runs are going from strength to strength
I ran this morn only 3 miles but its better than not i guess?
Weather better today sunny but windy -
Ttfn nessie x
Hope everyone ok
17/08/2012 at 03:22

Had a rest day yesterday and have 8 to do today and then i expect I’ll go out with the O/H on Saturday to keep her company as she has 9 to do

17/08/2012 at 22:23

Well ended up doing 8 on the treadmill as it was chucking it down here today while watching Kung Fu Panda on DVD the O/H has 10 miles to do tomorrow so the plan at the moment is to run down to the park run do the park run and then run home taking in a loop of the docks

18/08/2012 at 14:07

Afternoon all

Well 10 miles done with O/H we ran down to our local park run did  the park run then a big loop to finish the mileage off she did al right until about mile 8 and then she struggle  a bit

18/08/2012 at 19:52
Toby so well done to your OH at least she did it!!!!!
Ness x
18/08/2012 at 19:53
Hellooooooooo Fran where are you ?????
Ness x
18/08/2012 at 20:51

Evening all. Just a quick hello as it's been busy.

Had my leaving 'do' last night and off way in the caravan for two weeks in the morning.

Lot's of time to get some running done.

Perhaps Fran is away in her caravan.

18/08/2012 at 21:29
Ah ok ta Kev - have a good time
Ness x
18/08/2012 at 21:31

Nessie, I am afraid I cant tell you otherwise I would have to terminate you!!!! HE HE It was a bit of messing about to get the visa and not really looking forward to 4 hours in a 747 but I suppose its better than an A320, at least I cant get up and walk around!!!! Wonder if they would mind if i put my running kit on and did a few laps of the cabin????? Well done Nessie, the weather is very strange for runners this year, if it is not chucking it down it is baking hot and humid!!!!

Toby, very impressed with Mrs Toby, she is coming on well!!!!!

Kev, have a great time at the caravann, I hope the weather is favourable for holiday and runs!!!!! I did 10.03 today down the Portway in 1:33, was slower than it could have been because I didnt practice what I preach!!! I gave blood on Friday night and totally forgot I should not have run again until Sunday. Only problem was it hit me after about 8 miles and my body was screaming out for energy. It was weird, my legs werent tired and my heartreat was fine but i just couldnt keep the pace up. So I ended up walking a little during the last couple of miles, only a few hundred yeards but enough to spoil my time.

Anyway, this may be my last post until Tuesday 27th as I am not sure if I will get an internet connection in Russia, so keep up the good work and I will tell you all about it when I get back!!!

18/08/2012 at 22:11

Cheers Guys!

19/08/2012 at 11:23
Seej - still a good run in my books LOL
Ran this morn 5.09 miles very hot and humid - an absolute pig of a hill which i had to crawl up !!!!!! So it took me 65 mins!!! Still i suppose thats better than not doing it
Hope u all ok in this funny weather
Ness x
20/08/2012 at 03:44

morning all

well may try another 8 today as i only have a couple of week full training left before the taper leading up to the GNR have 13 to do on Friday then will go out with O/H all being well on Saturday as she has 11 miles to do

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.