Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,201 to 3,220 of 4,250 messages
20/08/2012 at 17:07

Well 8 miles done today no idea how fast as battery died in my Gramin have received my race pack today only to find my name is spelt wrong they have me  as AALN oh such is life

20/08/2012 at 18:15

Evening. Sitting in the sun on the laptop in Oxford! Had a lovely run along a bridlepath this morning.

Off in to Oxford tomorrow.

AALN is nothing like Toby

21/08/2012 at 12:33

Just 3 for me today then may well cycle to work as the wife needs the car tonight or may be lazy and get her to take me and then just walk home

21/08/2012 at 15:31

Spent the day in Oxford today - beautiful city of dreaming spires! Nice walk along the Thames as well.

10mins in the sun with the laptop and then off swimming.

Wonder how Seejay is gettig on in Russia?

Edited: 21/08/2012 at 15:32
22/08/2012 at 04:23

Morning all            

Well home safe and sound in the end was lazy got the wife to take me in and then walked home gym session for me today

22/08/2012 at 13:40

well the gym sessions not going to happen got up to late will have to do it tomorrow or may count the 3 mile walk home this morning as training done

22/08/2012 at 21:49
Hello all.
Hope everyone ok, cant read back now as I'm in a bar. Will catch up later.x
Sorry not to have posted for ages.
I was totally caught up in the Olympics then work took it's toll - have a really intense project on the go. We then travelled to Italy for a lovely holiday. OH's niece got married in Malcesine, Lake Garda on last Saturday so we've had a few weeks there to look around the area. The wedding was out of this world.
I really thought that Lake Garda was Twin-set central ie where all older (that would be me???) people holiday, but I have NEVER been somewhere where everyone is so fit- and I mean super, elite athlete fit!
Everyone is super sporty. The mountains are immense and everyone cycles up them, or runs, or wind/kite surfs/ SUPs/ sails, swims.
I've done loads of training despite the intense heat, running over 40 miles in 6 days. There's been a freak heat wave here - up to 48 one day but over 40 every single day and even though it's now nearly 23:00 it's still way into the 30s. When I ran this morning at 7, it was 29 degrees.
Apart from running, we've seen some amazing countryside - I was supposed to do a paraglide off Monte Baldo (2200m) this morning, but visibility stopped us, so as we're flying home tomorrow, it will have to wait until next time -I'd like to come back for the Marathon.
I will honestly be so glad to get back to Wales, for the rain and cold, as I hate heat. I'm doing the Roman Run Saturday despite the effects of pasta and lots of alcohol! Hoping that the altitude and heat training will benefit me.
Anyway, have to drink my 10 euros drink before it gets too warm, speak soon xxxx
23/08/2012 at 05:17

ffRAN sounds wonderful and that a great time was had by all and well done on the running great mileage put me to shame

23/08/2012 at 06:56
OMG Fran u certainly put me to shame never mind Toby as Toby u are doing more than me!!!! Sounds amazing but i definately wouldnt fit in there!!!!
Ran yestrday jonly 35 mins but hilly and it felt good and fastest time for that particular route!!!
After having emergency plumber out and having to have the bathroom retiled - ive now had to paint the dam room!!!!
Been a bit hectic again seeing to dogs horses cats taking mum out etc as hubby went away 8 days agoto france to do his charity cycle. Hes been poorly and phone died and chargers not working so had very little contact with him so thats worried me.
Tomo of to meet him then we travel down to south of france for two weeks yipee!!!!
Im taking my bike and running gear so plan to get some training in
Take care everyone
Ttfn nessie x
24/08/2012 at 08:19

I'm back......Apologies for not posting any earlier, but things have been pretty hectic in my life since the operation. All good now though  Anyway, just to let you know I managed my first post-op run last night, a very slow and easy 2½ miles, but it's a start. I've given myself 6 weeks to get back up to 10k distance and hopefully in that time the body will have recovered enough that I may get a bit of pace back as well. I'm aiming to run Castle Combe 10k in November and then Bath Half in March.

I hope you're all well and I apologise again for my absense, I wasn't ignoring you all really  Have a good extended weekend everyone with whatever you get up to!

24/08/2012 at 17:45

Afternoon all

Perfect running weather down here today overcast and cool should have done 13 miles but for the first time in weeks the run felt easy

i had already decided to run the route i use when training for Brighton as the first 9 miles takes you away from home which i thought was a good idea as i have struggled at the end of the last few runs and the route i normally use takes me to close to home and the temptation to knock it on the head if it was going badly would be to great

I got to mile 10 and as i still felt alright in myself instead of turning for home decided to run along the docks and come back that way thinking it was about the same distance which proved to b e a sight miss calculation on my part as by the time i got to the end of the docks i had done 11.5 and it was still about 2 miles from home

any way run was still feeling good buy the time i got to mile 13.5 but to get home from there meant going up a steep hill which to be honest i didn’t fancy so came back the slightly longer way through our local woods which is flatter and finishing at the bottom of a path that i use as a stopping point on my 8 miles runs as it leads up and out of the woods and comes out more or less at the bottom of my road i use the walk as a cool down

in the end i ended up doing 15 miles the whole thing took 2:27:14 with an Avg pace of 9:46 which i was pleased about as i was aiming to keep the pace in the 9,s hand one disappointing 11m/m don’t know what happen there

out with the O/H tomorrow to keep her company as she has 12 to do

24/08/2012 at 18:42
Great training run, Toby - well done. Having the will power to do a longer run than intended is a great victory over the body! Brilliant.
Ness - as usual busy, busy busy so don't EVER underestimate how much you do. Hope hubby all ok and bet you both enjoy your hols. Where are you staying? We've always gone to St. Jean de Luz/ Biarritz so adore France.
CB - great recovery. You sound as if you are doing really well. Keep it up!
Back home and back to normal - 17degrees and pouring so typical Welsh Summer! Hope race tomorrow is dryer than last year. I feel a bit worse for wear. Despite NO alcohol for 2 days, I feel hung over - may be results of being out in full sun all day yestday, sight seeing in Verona. Slight sunstroke? Anyway, drinking lots of fluids to compensate.
26/08/2012 at 07:29
Run done and dusted. Weather was good, if a little breezy. I felt great and run without stopping up the first 4 miles to the highest point, despite my daughter ringing me, asking "are you running? Well, very quickly, can you pick up something for me in town"!!!! I could hardly breathe, let alone answer.
Long story short, did it, 2 minutes longer much to my disgust. Never mind. Great tech t shirt, good goody bag, tea and sandwiches softened the blow.
Hope everyone enjoying the BH weekend x
26/08/2012 at 11:22

ffRAN well done on the run

26/08/2012 at 18:17

Evening all

Well what a wonderful day for a run just back after going out with the O/H on her LSR she had 11 to today so we decided to use our 3 mile loop around the docks as it a nice run with plenty of toilets available

we started off really well and she was maintaining the walk 5 run 5 that she intends to use for Brighton really well and so we decided that as the day was just about perfect and it was a bank holiday which meant plenty of rest time that we would try 13.1 miles as she running the Cricklade H/M in October to see if she could do the distance and give her that mental boost of knowing she could

happy to report the 13.1 miles was achieved in a time of 3:30:03 with an Avg pace of 15:5 m/m which is a vast improvement on last week’s 10 mile run which only had an Avg pace of 17:10 m/m and she managed to keep up her run 5 walk 5 all the time

27/08/2012 at 06:51
Well, Mrs T! Very well done, her training is coming on really well and she will achieve her goal no problem with a brilliant coach like you,Toby!
31/08/2012 at 17:05

Afternoon all

Well 7 miles done today bit happy with the pace the whole run took 1:06:14 with an Avg pace of 9:00 m/m pace

31/08/2012 at 20:46
Good run, Toby. Am dreading a 20 miler tomorrow. Early night for me. Nos da. X
01/09/2012 at 15:41

Afternoon all

went out with the O/H again to day to keep her company on her LSR we did 12 miles today also  stop on the way around to have my name printed on my charity running vest for the GNR

01/09/2012 at 17:13
Toby, your wife is doing so well. Bet you're looking forward to GNR.
Typically, considering I was dreading my run, it went very well - so well, I did an extra mile.
I feel I got my nutrition just right - made sure I drank a bit more water than usual, ate some jelly sweets at mile 6, then some jam sandwiches at 11 and I felt great, even doing some speedy miles to finish. No painful stomach or sickness- yeah!
Off out later, to the home wedding party we attended in Malcesine. Son is driving so look out!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.