Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,261 to 3,280 of 4,328 messages
21/09/2012 at 08:17

I ran my planned 50 min fartlek session yesterday evening. Managed 5.78 miles, average 8:39. Started out about 6:30 last night, but was quite surprised how dark it got towards the end. Admittedly, it was on the cycle path and there was quite a bit of overgrowth. I must make a mental note to set out a bit earlier. Aiming to run 6 miles tomorrow, but it may turn into 7 if I feel up for it

SeeJay, all the best for Sunday mate and good luck also to anyone else running this weekend. Have a good one everybody!

21/09/2012 at 11:18
Hi everyone hope you all well.
I ran just over 4 miles this morn in 46 mins, that included my usual walk at the start to warm/loosen me up!!!!
I took the car down the A38 to park up so i could run a flat route away from these blessed hills!!!! Ran the canal route all very still and quiet this morning, really lovely.
All felt ok this morn and sore throat easing off , so feeling hopeful things on the mend.
Im afraid i wont be ready for Bristol as i know i havent put in the mileage. Im very disappointed in myself so really will try harder and perhaps just do a few 10ks to getme going again????
Good luck everyone running this weekend hope u all do well
Ttfn nessie x
22/09/2012 at 19:35

never went out for a run yesterday decided to do a gym session in the garage for a change

Nessie sorry to hear you won't be at Bristol

22/09/2012 at 21:51

Well it looks like a wet and windy Swansea for tomorrow, I will let you know later in the day how I got on!!!!

22/09/2012 at 22:42
Toby good luck to you if youre doing bristol
Seej hope swansea goes well for you
Ffran is it your marathon this weekend? Good luck if it is x
Cb - kev are u racing this weekend?
LBBwhere are u these days???? Hope all is well with u and Mrs LBB and tthe little lbb's
My LSR may or may not happen tomo as ive gone to bed with a very sore tight chest and cough!!!! Rode horsie very early this morn and sun was shining but it was very cold and i just havent warmed up all day!!!!
Still we'll see what tomo brings???

Ttfn nessie x
23/09/2012 at 21:34

Nessie, take care of yourself and get that cough seen to, quickly!!!!!

Well managed a PB but not as good as I had hoped but certainly not dissapointed!!!! The weather was ridiculous, think I have only run one race wetter!!!!! Anyhow, as I say it was wet but it was so windy, reminded me of Edinburgh, certainly looking at my splits 6K to 9K where my slowest but managed to get in 25 secs quicker than my fastest!!!!! Good day at the office I would say!!

23/09/2012 at 22:16
Well done Seejay! Excellent run in atrocious conditions. A brilliant come back after your surgery. VERY proud of my sister who got 3 minutes off her previous PB.
Nessie, please get well before you get out again. You'll just get worse and worse as the weather deteriorates. Make sure you are recovered first.
No running for me today. We've had a great weekend in London all together. Daughter did phenomenally well at her Tri. She was amazing!!! I'm sort of tempted but we'll see.
Edited: 23/09/2012 at 22:17
23/09/2012 at 22:18

Fab PB Seejay.

Just back from a nice weekend away in Aberystwyth where we managed to miss all the raim!

Glad you enjoyed ffRAN!

23/09/2012 at 22:21

Thanks Ffran, good to see your sister did a pb also, specially in the weather conditions!!!!

Thanks Kev, I wish the rain had missed Swansea!!!

24/09/2012 at 04:01

****** FROM ROLLS-ROYCE STAFF MAGAZINE ******

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!! (true story)..

Scientists at Rolls Royce built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners and military jets all travelling at maximum velocity.

The idea is to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields. American engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the Windshields of their new high speed trains.

Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the American engineers. When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin like an arrow shot from a bow.. The horrified Yanks sent Rolls Royce the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the British scientists for suggestions.

You're going to love this......

Rolls Royce responded with a one-line memo:

"Defrost the chicken."

24/09/2012 at 06:59
Superb, Toby!
Not so comical, but cute. My little grandson has just asked if I'll take him to school. I explained that Mummy would have to come to show me the way, but he said no, we must go alone - he' ll show me the way - " it's the school by the orange car"!
Edited: 24/09/2012 at 07:08
24/09/2012 at 10:27
Absolutley brilliant toby !!!! Lmao!!!
Seejay so wonderful u got pb. You rreally are back now x
Oh fran , magical!! I love the things kids say - hes so right and to him its simple - love it. Big well done to your sis thats fab. And to your daughter - what a family!!!!! Guess your mara is next weekend???? Id never do a tri as im a wimp in open water BUT am sort of tempted with a duathalon???? Need to get my finger out and decide what im going to do for my 60th which is next may - sooooooo i really need to get to get training!!!
Kev glad u had good weekend - are u doing any races soon?
I didnt run yesterday - tickly niggly cough and tight chest - feeling better today but still not right. Weather just waful here roads flooded on way to horsie and fields flooded but i brought her in yesterday so shes quite dry and comfy!!!!
Im the one that got soaked!!!
Take care nessie
24/09/2012 at 19:10

Next race Nessie is Llanelli Half Marathon!

24/09/2012 at 19:29
Whoo hoo kev - a half mara. Well done u. Good luck when is it?
24/09/2012 at 22:01

Toby, I seem to remember hearing about that one, typical yanks but so funny!!!!!

Ffran, do you remember a programme called 'children do the funniest things' I think it was called, some of them where hilarious!!!! Grand kids are priceless sometimes.

Nessie, thank you but please do me one favour, please go to the doc and get yourself checked out before you run again. In this damp weather it is not good to have such a cough and for so long!!!!! I am sure the rain and floods where horrible up your way, there where some real idiots on the motorway yesterday. I was driving with headlights and fog lights finding it difficult to see other cars and some people had no lights on at all!!!!!! Also some just sitting in the middle lane chatting and not looking around. I actually drove past nearly half a mile of traffic in the middle lane with no-one in the inside lane and we wonder why our roads are congested!!!!!!! Sorry, rant over!! We had some terrible flooding but it was really just the drains overloaded and as the rain eased the flood subsided!!!!

Kev, I keep meaning to enter Llanelli Half but it would really take me to stop over, too long a drive to run a half and drive home again!!! Its also too close to London for next year but will maybe look into it for 2014!!

24/09/2012 at 22:07
Good for you Kev! You'll enjoy having a goal to work towards.
Ness, my next race is 7/10. So last 'long' run of 10 miles this Saturday then rest. However have arrived home feeling right ropey!
24/09/2012 at 22:10
Seejay. Llanelli Half perfectly scheduled for London! If you needed a stop over, I do a marvellous post run brekkie! Seriously, offer is there for you to stay with us!
24/09/2012 at 22:13
Goes for anyone else too! Caravan (5 star accomodation) at bottom of drive puts our capacity up!
24/09/2012 at 22:14
And Ness, I'm getting all over-excited now, but what if we all got together to do a 60th birthday race with you??? What fun!
25/09/2012 at 04:12

morning all

did just a couple of miles yesterday on the treadmill as it was quicker to shove on a     t-shirt and a pair of shorts than all mt running gear

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.