Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,281 to 3,300 of 4,249 messages
25/09/2012 at 06:19
Toby, what's next?
25/09/2012 at 11:28
Ha ha Toby when i had my Xtrainer - i used to workout on it first thing in the morn still in my jimjams!!!!
Fran thank you , what a lovely idea but i promise u i would be fFAR TOO SLOW for u all. U would get very fed up waiting for me!!!!
Maybe ill do 60miles???? 1 mile for each year of my life????
Will of course do this for charity so hope i can raise loads
Ran this morn just 3 miles and felt ok running although chest still tight and tickly cough.
Ttfn nessie x
25/09/2012 at 11:30
Ha ha forgot to say i got drowned on run. Completely mistimed the downpours!!!!!! Lol
25/09/2012 at 11:32

ffRAN i have the Bristol H/M this weekend the Cricklade H/M the weekend after and the Swindon H/M the weekend after that then 2 weeks of doing nothing before i start training for the Boscombe 10k at the end of November rest up a couple of weeks  and then my training plan for Brighton next year starts

i haven’t entered Bath next year at the moment as i think £41 is a little steep for a H/M and as the wife is also running at Brighton next year we may look for something a little cheaper so we can both enter

may well take you up on your offer as the wife seems to have her heart set on doing a race in wales at some point

i think at the moment i will try to cut back on the races next year  but i said that last year and they gone up so will have to see on that front

Edited: 25/09/2012 at 11:34
25/09/2012 at 18:14

A get together for Llanelli Half would be good for those who cold make it. It is a reasonably priced event as well.

I've commited to run it this year with two female friends so I can't let them done - come and join us - the more the merrier!

25/09/2012 at 21:07
Well Toby, offer is a definite one. Would be lovely to meet up! Llanelli is really fast. Oh and just a few jaunts out, then? I have a running pal addicted to race medals - enters one at least every week. I don't understand her though,as she'll train for a marathon and gets badly injured doing a 5k week before.
Ness - what did we say!!! NO running until you're 100% better. What are we going to do with you. And excuse me, if it's for your birthday, it would be lovely to run together. A privilege in fact. You swear you were so much slower than us - cr@p!
There - bad language and all. Have a think.
25/09/2012 at 23:54

He He, that told you Nurse Nessie, take some of your own medicine and get to the doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toby, sounds like you have a busy month ahead, very impressed with all your half marathons coming up!!!!! Maybe we could make Llanelli Nessies meet up celebration????? I will see if I can do a rough training plan and see if it will fit in ok!!!!!

Just a club social run tonight, no dramas and no problems.

On a totally different tak, Vulcan XH558 will be doing a flight around significant places of her develpment on Saturday. She will be flying past at Filton, Cardiff and St Athan from about 3 but time to be confirmed on Friday. Check out www.vulcantothesky.org for more details!!!

26/09/2012 at 08:33

Sorry I haven't posted recently. I had a good run on Saturday, 6 miles in 49:43 (ave 8:17)  Last night, not so good  Decided on a route of about 4½ miles to run with my wife and two friends. After about 1½ miles my wife's hip really started playing up, so she decided to take a short-cut walk. Heading back towards her, my right calf went into spasm (yet again!), a recurring old injury, knots again I'm afraid. So I curtailed my run as well. We both walked home and got thouroughly drenched in the process! Hopefully it's not too bad and I'll work on it hard over the next few days.

Hope you're all keeping well

26/09/2012 at 14:25

Afternoon all

Well resting up till Sunday now just had the finale email from the run Bristol so it doesn’t look like they change the course again this year

26/09/2012 at 21:46

Chris, so sorry to hear that, but hopefully with a lot of rollong and stretching it will settle quickly!!!! How is Mrs CB's hip doing???

Good luck for Sunday Toby, really will miss it this year, specially as the Southbank club is having a street party after which our club is invited to!!!!!

Going to try a tough hilly run Thursday night, Bridge Valley Road and a couple of hill sprints through Clifton!!!!

27/09/2012 at 08:16

Hi SeeJay

We've both been working hard on our respective injuries and hope to run this evening. Let you know how we get on. Good luck with the hills!

27/09/2012 at 12:17
Ahhh CB what a shame. Hope u both get sorted
Good luck Toby for sundAY. Sorry im not able to join u.
I managed a hilly route this morn it took 35 mins. Throat doesnt hurt to swallow but chesy and coughing stuff but run seemed to clear the pipes???
Seej hows LBB and family do u know?????
Take care nessie x
27/09/2012 at 12:22
I know Seej i nag everyone when they are poorly to take it easy etc but im dosing myself up with throat sweets and flu stuff. Not sure what doc could do and to be honest it doesnt hurt when i run.
Ness
27/09/2012 at 22:04

Evening all, just back from a long day in Paddington - opened my VLM rejection letter when I got home

27/09/2012 at 23:05

Sorry Ness but I just dont want to hear of you coming down with something worse, at least he could sound your chest to make sure nothing is happening there!!!! I know LBB had lots of problems with his chest!! LBB is doing ok, not sure why he doesnt post here but he is doing a marathon soon I think!!!!

Chris, I do hope it settles for you!!!!

Kev, sorry to hear you have been rejected, I knew I was in as I had deferred from last year but it is nice to get the letter anyway!!!!

Tough hill run with the club tonight, tougher than I thought it would be but I survived!!!!! Planning to do 10 or 11 on Saturday at about 10 min/ml pace!!!!

28/09/2012 at 04:10

i to was rejected for London again this year Oh well there loss i was to good for them any way

29/09/2012 at 12:38

Well said Toby!

29/09/2012 at 18:23

Sorry to hear that Toby, always next year!!!!! As you say, its their loss!!!!!

Quick 8 miles early this morning as I had such a busy day, all packed and ready to go early in the morning!!! Legs felt heavy after Thursdays club run but managed to finish in 1:08 so pleased with my mornings work!!. Will try to keep you up to date on my running in Belfast but it depends on internet availability and parties!!!

30/09/2012 at 12:42
Sorry u boys didnt get in for london. Will u go for another one instead?
Seej thats good time for 8 miles - youre back no probs!!
Good luck Toby for today. Hope bristol went well.
Really really really didnt want to run today but i dragged myself out and did 4.8 miles took me 54 mins. Neckvery stiff so im sat here with heat pad on it and its easing up. No coughing while i ran but plenty of coughing before and after!!!!
Hope m
everyone else ok
Ttfn nessie x
30/09/2012 at 13:40

Think I'll just do Llanelli Half now Nessie.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.