Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,301 to 3,320 of 4,254 messages
30/09/2012 at 13:52
Good for you Kev - when is it?
30/09/2012 at 14:05

March.

30/09/2012 at 14:58
Just 6 months to go. That will pass quick enough. Good luck, ( incase i forget to say it in March) LOL
30/09/2012 at 15:00
Still looking for something tto do in May. Maybe london to brighton - maybe cotswold way????
Scared to commit - must take the bull by the horns and decide soon!!!!!
Undecidedness!!!! X
30/09/2012 at 16:27

quick post first of 3 done Bristol H/M done in 1:54:10 according to the Garmin will wait for the office chip times no PB and about 47 seconds slower that last year

01/10/2012 at 18:25
Toby thats still an amazing time well done x
Taken today easy as i was very sick last night - not nice!!!!! Felt very sorry for myself!!!!
Neck very stiff so ive done some gentle stretching exercises to see if that helps????
Hope everyone ok - plan to try run in the morn
Ttfn nessie x
01/10/2012 at 20:34
Really well done, Toby. Hope you enjoyed?
Elvis mag for me too! Thank goodness.
02/10/2012 at 11:51
Ran this morn 3.29 miles. Cold and windy first thing but i like it cool.
Still feel slighty odd but run was ok so guess ill just carry on and try to ignore all the niggles.
Off to the pool for a workout tonight.
Ttfn nessie x
02/10/2012 at 12:19

afternoon all

well must get in the gym for a recover run in a minute just 2 miles will do a run walk as at the moment with the way work is that's all the exercise i need and don't won't to over do it before next Sundays race

02/10/2012 at 16:36

Hi everyone, looks like mixed running at the moment. Toby, dont be too dispondant about Bristol, just wasnt your day, we all get them but not the worst time in the world!!!!

Nessie, it could just be the virus running through you and thats whats making you sick. It can happen, just take it easy ofer the next couple of runs, hopefully it will settle down for you.

Did my last long run before Cardiff, will do another couple of shortish ones inbetween though. It was 12 miles in 1:53 on a hilly course so was quite pleased, at least I know I will be able to run the distance. Will post again later in the week!!!!

02/10/2012 at 17:33
Will do Dr Seej !!!!!
Good time that run - good luck for cardiff
Ness
03/10/2012 at 04:53

morning all

just a 2 mile recover run on the tread mill yesterday rest today then another 2 on Thursday

04/10/2012 at 10:10

Sorry, not been on for a while. The running has been put on the back burner for a bit for 2 reasons:

(1) Calf knots started playing up again last week, and (2) Our landlord has served notice on us, so we are busy looking for somewhere to live. Having been here for nearly 3 years, we were hoping to stay for another 12 months when we will both be in funds from our previous homes to go ahead and purchase. Not to be though, so here we go again! Hoping to fit a short run in later though. Hope you're all good!

04/10/2012 at 14:41

CB hope the house-flat hunting goes well

04/10/2012 at 20:19
Evening all. Taper time here. Didn't run for a whole week due to injury so only 21 miles in last two weeks. Problem not solved but I'll just see how Sunday goes - good old Ibuprofen cocktail.
Sorry your calf not too good, CB. Take care, and hope you get settled soon - its so important to be secure, isnt it?
Ness. Can't believe how you keep going! You're Marvelness! (Oops, that didn't quite work.)
Toby - your regime is so consistent and sensible- well done! On to the next one!
And brilliant time, Seejay - bodes well for Cardiff. May see you there.
I've been offered a place but will not race a Half in between my 2 marathons so will go to watch my friends. My sister is so buoyed up with enthusiasm after Swansea, she was going to take a it, but has sensibly postponed her inaugural Half until Spring. She's already running a hilly 9 mile route weekly though, so could have managed.
Could set you a challenge in March, Kev???
Going to try for an early night as work has been so stressful, my sleep patterns are awful (been awake since 3 am). Early start up to Chester in the caravan tomorrow. Nos da pawb.
04/10/2012 at 23:13

Enjoy the caravan ffRAN.

My challenge for March is to beat my 2 friends Amy and Becky who at 30 are 10 years younger than me and half my weight!

05/10/2012 at 05:28
Good luck with that challenge Kev !!!!! Lol
Fran u be very careful running that distance injured!!!! You are stronger than little ole me thats for suure - im only doing piddly little mileage. Lots of luck but do take care x
Ran last night for 51 mins - long slow gradual incline all the way!!!!! I was meant to run this morn but new i wouldnt have time so hence the run last night.
Its usually easier to run first thing as i dont have to plan around eating like you do if you run later in the day.
Cb hope u get your leg better soon and good luck house hunting
My neck is so stiff - i just dont know what ive done??? It really hurts to turn head to either side or lift head off pillow!!! Must be the joys of growing old LOL
H ope u all run safe
Ttfn nessie
06/10/2012 at 08:03
Morning. Well my last hope for a good night's sleep has gone- awake again at 4 so feeling very groggy, and look worse. Plus my blackened toenail came off whilst doing my racing pedicure and is very tender underneath. Ahhhhh!,,,, it's all going Peter Tong.
Just going to put kit on for leg turning 3 miles.
Ness - stiff neck could be tension?.. Could you go for a nice massage?
Kev- just regular sessions, no matter how long, bearing in mind work commitments, and you'll do fine.
06/10/2012 at 10:07

Morning all.

My cold is not better - we're all a bunch of old crocks on here at the moment!

Had a nice night out in Cardiff yesterday with a lovely Thai meal and a few beers - but thankfully a quiet weekend lies ahead for a change.

07/10/2012 at 09:12

Morning all. Nice to have 2 fine days on a weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.