Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,321 to 3,340 of 4,330 messages
07/10/2012 at 14:35
Rule no.1: never run when injured.
Rule no.2: never wear brand new shoes for a marathon.
Rule no.3: get plenty of sleep the week before race day.
Rule no.4: ignore 1 to 3 and bag a 6 minute PB and a GFA for London!!!! Yehhh!!!!
Get in!!!!!!!
07/10/2012 at 16:40

Afternoon all

well back from Cricklade so  that 3 out of 4 races done now had a great time staying with our friend there who was also running the idea was to try to get her around in less than 2 hours all was going well until about mile five when she started to struggle we ran on together until about mile 8 when she had slowed to well outside the required pace and we had come to the under standing if this happened i would check she was fine and go on this i did all i did try to stick to the pace we had agreed to run so that it still gave had a chance to chase me in the end got round in 1:57:27 according to the Gramin

the plan short of word my friend got around in 2:00:48 second and although it was just out side the 2hrs she was still 2 minutes faster than last year

07/10/2012 at 16:57

Well done ffRAN - I take it you were running Chester. GFA - that makes you an elite - oooh er! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your race Toby.

07/10/2012 at 17:08
Very well done Toby - to you and your friend.
Yes, Kev. That was Chester for you. It's a fantastic, well organised event - fast even though it's quite hilly (Dublin is the same). The route is all on closed roads through pretty villages and country lanes. And the finish is great - running into the racecourse, but the going was "very Heavy" sapped the last bit of energy from the legs. Lovely top and goody bag at the end and as I was walking back to the car, text came through with official result - 4:12 and 7th in age category. So no, not an Elite start but next best thing as far as I'm concerned.
Now... I think I can do better ... Mmmmm!
07/10/2012 at 19:00

Hi long time no visit sorry.  Hope everyones fit and well.

Very well done Fran fab time, I did Chester last year and thought it was tougher than Dublin.  In fact the last 8 miles destroyed me as it appeared to be all uphill.

Well done Toby still knocking out the half marathons I see.

07/10/2012 at 19:41
LBB- lovely to hear from you. Hope your family are well, and you're fit and getting out there. Last time I remember you saying you had a really bad chest.
08/10/2012 at 08:55

ffRAN - GFA is elite in my books!

08/10/2012 at 18:00
Fran well done - u are elite in my books - i just dont know how u do it!!! X
Toby well done to u and your friend - fantastic
Hi there LBB good to hear from u. Hope Mrs LBB and alll the little LBB's are well. X
Didnt manage run yesterday as we had family over for sunday lunch. Great day - little grandaughter is soooooo cute and happy and contented .
Ran this morn only 3 miles but the fastest i have ever done tis route - reallly really really must get a training plan together and push myself into doing something for next year!!!!
Neck still sore but only if i try to move head!!!
Ttfn nessie
10/10/2012 at 10:04
Hope u all ok and not suffering after your races at the weekend.
Had a couple of good walks yesterday with my little jack russel. The rottie pup goes to work with hubby.
I ran my hilly route this morn the fastest i have ever done it before!!!! Mind u - my fast will not be your fast!!!! But the steepest part i did 4x40 secs run up it.
Didnt make it to pool tonight so will try to get there tonight for water workout.
Keep applying for jobs and not hearing back companies so pretty fed up with that. Whatever happened to manners?????
Moan over!!!
Ttfn nessie x
11/10/2012 at 08:14
Morning all. Snowdon weather here. Anyone running today?
11/10/2012 at 13:35

not outside may try a couple of miles on the treadmill later but as i only just got up and it always takes me an hour to come round may leave it till tomorrow when i don't have to go to work but will see how it goes 

11/10/2012 at 19:19
Stair rods all day here. After another horrific day at the office, decided to put my slops on and put my feet up. I can. I'm recovering. Working an extra day again tomorrow.
Hope all ok.
12/10/2012 at 10:04
Fran good for you for putting your feet up. It will do u no harm to rest!!!!!
Cold and sunny here so did hill reps run this morn early. Only 25 mins but better than nothing????
Off to Swansea tomo to see younest at Uni and take him a food parcel- clean clothes - guitar - telescope etc etc also go out for a meal and hope to take doggies on the gower.
Sunday I will do LSR then off to Frome to pick up big rug i got on ebay - we take doggies with us so will look for some nice walks while we are out and about.
Hope u all have good weekend and good luck to all doing Cardiff
Nessie x
12/10/2012 at 17:57

Hi everyone, sorry I have not posted since my last run, my knee decided to swell up a little so decided to just take it easy and not run. We are now back in Bristol after a lovely two weeks in Belfast with my family. I will try to post a picture of the bride and groom later, she was stunning and he is no hunchback either!!!!

I am going to try about two or three miles flat tonight at not partuicular pace, just to see how my knee feels. Got some good icing on it last night and this morning (my sisters freezer didnt seem to cool the pack a lot) so if everything goes ok I will run Cardiff.

So much going on here, pb's and crocks. I am still so impressed with everyone's efforts, Ffran doing amazing Marathons and Toby with the halfs. Nessie still squeezing 36 hrs work into 24. Chris, sorry to hear you are being pushed out, shame your landlord couldnt be a nice chap and allow you more time!!!! Kev, I think I must agree, Ffran is moving into another league!!!! LBB, great to hear from you again, all we need is HG and RSB and the group will be back to near full strength again!!!!

12/10/2012 at 19:20
Ah Seej what a shame about your knee. Im so sorry to hear that. Hope the rest has worked.
Hope u manage to post some piccies!!!!
Squeezing a bit more into sunday now as some friends it taunton want us to call in on them. I have a feeling LSR is going to be very very early!!!! LOL
Would be nice if the old gang joined in and said hello. Hope they are all well.
Do u remember Binx and I having rambling competitions??.?
Ness x
12/10/2012 at 20:52

Just run 3 miles and it was a little uncomfortable but did seem to ease as the run went on. Will give it a try on Sunday and just take it easy!!!!!

14/10/2012 at 19:23

Evening all

Well back from the Swindon H/M all though plans changed and i ended up running with wife instead of Yvonne the wife ran the Cricklade 10k last week and because she was that much slower than the rest she ended up alone running down county lanes by herself and as there were no houses or cars felt vulnerable and was worried the same may happen today

Arrive at Yvonne’s on Saturday and stayed the night have to say did not sleep well but never do the night before a race Sunday morning came breakfast consisted of toast with peanut butter and jam on left for the race at 9.15 the morning was cold and frosty but the sun was warm and as the day went on it warmed up nicely

got the race ok and after the usual loo visit had a wondered around waiting for the start Yvonne went to middle of the pen as she was going for a 2.15 we on the other hand hung around at the back as we were looking for a 3.30 finish

The race got away on time and after a uphill start the course ran down hill and the flat until it started to climb again at the 5 mile mark i let the wife set the pace and she was using a run walk and we were running 15m/m’s using this

All was going well and right up to the 11 mile mark with me pulling her up the hill and then running down the other side have to say the views were stunning when disaster struck her hip or we thought it was her hip started to hurt but being the stubborn c**and determined to finish we had to walk the best part of the last 2 miles

She did insisted on running down the slope to the finish unofficial time 3:26:01 Yvonne gave the wife a big hug and she had finished her first ever H/M

One go thing as we were one of the last to finish there was no queue for the massage so sent her of to get one while i went for my cheese burger

Then headed back for a massage myself the person who massage the wife thinks she probable picked up a slight hamstring strain

Then it was back to Yvonne’s for some tea and then home

14/10/2012 at 20:51

Toby, well done to your wife, great to see such determination, I hope she can get the strain sorted and get back running again!!!

I did Cardiff today, not the flat course I ran a couple of years ago, matter of fact it was quite a tough course. My knee played up for the first mile or two then settled down and I got into a pace about 8.30/ml. Everything was going ok until about mile 9 when I hit the wall, no energy and nothing left in my legs. Walked a bit then ran again only to walk up the next hill. Then the sub 2hr pacer passed me (I had passed him about mile 3) suddenly I saw red and started to run again. Along the way a lady was struggling and chatting to herself so I ran with her and helped her to the finish. It was also to help me!!!!! When I first looked at my watch I was really dissapointed when I saw 2:16 but resigned myself to the fact I hadn't trained enough. Later when chatting with some running mate I went into my history only to find I had been looking at my time for the last few yards after mile 13 which took 2 mins 16 secs. My actual time was confirmed by text as 1:58:45, 1 sec slower than my Garmin. So considering my knee state and lack of training I am well pleased with my result!!!!!

I will report in the next day or so if my knee recovers or gets worse, I am seeing my Osteopath on Wednesday and hopefully will get a positive diagnosis which doesnt involve surgery!!!!!

15/10/2012 at 10:01

A good sub 2hr Seejay - i was told they had snuck a few hills in this year but that the course was finally sorted?

Hope your knee is ok.

Managed a plod this morning as I'm working from home - t'was nippy out at 7:30!

15/10/2012 at 13:57

Afternoon all

well that’s it for me now all the  4 half done in 5 weekends so will have to think of a new challenge for next year would definitely recommend Swindon all though we were lucky with the weather i think it may have been a different story had it been blowing a gale and raining

We were lucky to run Swindon as i was reading that it nearly got cancelled because the main sponsor pulled out but at the last minute decided to back it glad they did and that the cost of road closers wasn’t been offset by the number of entries

They were dead chuff this year as they had a record number of runners at 1,930 a far cry from the likes of bath and Bristol were the entries are usually 10,000 and more yet there twice as expensive to enter

There’s no running now for me for 2 weeks as i am now on holiday and have decided to give the body time to recover mind you i say that now but by next week i won’t be surprised if i am suffering from a case of twitchy leg

both me and the O/H will be running the Boscombe 10k again at the end of November and then i expect were both be doing the Santa’s on the run fun run in December i think Mrs Toby3 said her sister- in- law was interested in doing it as well this year

not a bad years running for me this year have set 2 new P/B  those bening my H/M time at Bath and marathon time at Brighton help Yvonne to a new 10k PB achieve a goal by running the GNR and help Mrs Toby 3 to run here first H/M

Only down side failed again this year to get Yvonne round in under 2hrs oh well there always next year for that one

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.