Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,401 to 3,420 of 4,321 messages
11/11/2012 at 18:37
Ha ha Toby and Kev - i just wonder what can happen next!!!!!
Ran this morn 65 mins. Very cold but sunny, lovely but i had a few hill walks!!!!
That means ive managed 4 runs this week and only two rides on horsie. Just dont seem to find time to get bike out . Perhaps next week????
Hope you all had good weekend
Ttfn nessie x
11/11/2012 at 19:00
Good run Ness x
12/11/2012 at 17:14

Oh, Ness what a catelogue of disasters!!! but really great running, so really well done.

Glad you're finding time to get out, Kev. March will be here before you know it!

Parkrun was great as usual - my sister got a PB. I did not. I love these events so much - wish I could get to one every weekend.

Speed training tonight, but went to the gym (reluctantly) yesterday and did a mammoth session on strength work (lunges, squats etc). I don't know why I do it -  my legs now ache like mad. Why don't I ease myself in gently??

Toby - you're booked into Chez Ffran, remember!

13/11/2012 at 03:49

just 3 miles for me yesterday decided to do them on the treadmill as a sort of speed session by speeding up and slowing down the treadmill

ffRAN that would be lovely Will have to arrange some thing closer to the day

Edited: 13/11/2012 at 03:52
13/11/2012 at 08:23
Well done Toby. 3 miles is better than nothing!
15/11/2012 at 14:59
Sad day yesterday - a colleage of mines son died tues night in car crash along with another young lad i knew - all so shocked - all so sudden.
Our heatings packed up yesterday and i really think this is nothing when others are trying to cope with so much worse.
Brith gas coming tomo morn between 8-1

Had terrible nights sleep last night and strangley had a really good run this morn!!! Only short run but all felt fine - 31 mins.
Hope everyone else ok ?
Been looking at races for the next year and looking at training plans and going to re jig my diet sooooooooooo maybe soon ill make up my mind and enter something for my 60th!!!!!
Lol dont all hold your breath - just in case!!
Ttfn ness x
15/11/2012 at 21:43
Oh Nessie. How awful. Maybe knowing life can be so fragile and snatched away so cruelly made the fact you can get out and run so well an almost spiritual experience - I know I've had some euphoric runs when I've had some serious troubles.
Enjoy every minute, I say!
16/11/2012 at 03:28

morning all

well coming to the end of the  week and pro ponits wise did OK managed t stay with in my points allowance 3 days out of 5 and the other 2 i used them all up but did not go over so i have all my active points still in tacked ready for the weekend

running wise just a couple more 3 mile runs had a rest day yesterday and am due to do 5 today but will have to see how i feel after the visit to the dentist lost a filling eating salad would you believe

Nessie how sad for all concerned  my thoughts go out to the family

Edited: 16/11/2012 at 03:34
17/11/2012 at 13:55

Well done Toby.

Sorry to hear your sad news Ness xx

17/11/2012 at 20:26
Evening all. About to have a (very) early night to prepare for my first (ever) x country..... Me, nervous? Nah! But a glass of wine HAS helped.
Resisted the urge to buy myself new trail shoes yesterday- I am the original all the gear, no idea type of person, but when I purchase something it usually involves weeks of research, then I buy the very best I can afford. This side of Xmas, I felt it not quite the thing to go splashing out, so it's third best trainers for tomorrow and a prayer that I stay upright. And perhaps I'll ask Santa for new shoes, justified as I've entered Coed y Brenin Trail Marathon in June - or will have once a stupid problem with my postcode v. their Database is sorted.
Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend. X
18/11/2012 at 12:24

Good luck ffRAN.

Footie done, off for my run now.

18/11/2012 at 14:11
Race done! Very, very cold and it rained at the start. Advice give by team captain was... The "puddles cannot be skirted so just go for it!" So up to calves in freezing muddy water, ankle deep in squelchy mud, then very soft sand for 1.75miles. So not too upset about 42 mins for 4.5 miles but did fade badly at the hill at the end.
Basic error, in that I didn't take a change of shoes so later had to walk the dogs over the same route with numb feet.
Absolutely beautiful route - stunning Gower scenery, golden beaches. We are so lucky to have all this on the doorstep.
I'm honestly more tired than after Snowdon, so thank goodness lunch all ready - good old slow cooker.
18/11/2012 at 15:40

Well done ffRAN. 3m plod round the water park for me!

18/11/2012 at 20:16
Fran u are super woman!!!!
Thank u all for kind thoughts regarding tragic loss of life of the two young lads last week x
I did quick flat 3 miles yesterday morn then off to wedding dress shop with sons fiance and her mum. Lovely time -cried loads - she looked amazing- out of this world dress!!!!!
This morn sunny cold frosty and i had to run home FROM the farm where i keep horsie - all the way a gradual incline until u reach a real steep uphill part -( which i did walk/run) the whole run took 40 mins - approx 3.5miles and it all felt so good. Im amazed - guess i should start increasing mileage??..
Hope everyone ok
Ttfn nessie x
19/11/2012 at 03:54

morning all

well looks like there some good  steady mileage being clocked up

ffRAN great running as always wouldn't expect any thing less from you

I should be tapering down this week but may just keep it were it was last week (need all the extra Pro points i can have for the weekend) which was  3miles Monday,Tuesday a Wednesday and a 5 miler which i would have do on Thursday as me and O/H are of to Bournemouth on Friday just don't tell O/H about the extra runs

or i be in trouble

21/11/2012 at 22:04
Nessie that run sounds brilliant- well done on such a challenging route. I bet you had a lovely time dress shopping. Do you know, I'm almost ashamed to say that when no.2 daughter got married, I didn't shed a tear but was just SO happy about everything- she looked like a fairy tale and we had a fantastic day. You will have the same experience I'm sure but may get a little more emotional ... Which is normal. OH wept buckets.
Toby, what are you tapering for? I'm supposed to be doing Pembrey MT (10miles) Sunday, but I just don't feel like. There's an alternative hilly off road 4 miler Saturday which may suit better. I've done a few runs 8-10 miles and I'm still very tired.
22/11/2012 at 03:49

morning all

running wises this week did 3 mile Monday on the treadmill Tuesday to my shame could be bothered to run at all so had a rest day yesterday felt guilty about not running Tuesday so did 6 miles to make up for it will try to do 5 today but haven't decided whether to go out or do them on the treadmill as a recover run will wait to see what the weathers like

weight loss is going well dropped another 4 lbs this week which means i have now lost 1st half a pound in 3 weeks putting me at 12st 6.5lbs so still have 1st 5.5lbs to lose before Brighton next year

ffRAN me and the O/H are off to Boscombe again this year to do there 10k and then next week we have the Santa's on the run fun run around the Bristol docks but that's only a mile and a half my daughter is coming down to do it again this year and we managed to rope my son in as well my sister-in-law is meant to be doing as well but have'nt head any more about it from her so not shore if she is still on for it

Edited: 22/11/2012 at 03:55
22/11/2012 at 22:31

I am so ashamed, I have not been visiting my thread for much too long!!!!!! Just had a very quick scan back and people seem to be having mixed fortunes!!!! Good runs, deaths and pains!!!!!

I cant remember what stage I left you guys at but I saw my doc a few weeks ago and she said I had fluid on my knee. She initially said stay off work but we are so busy that was a non starter so it was left to anti inflammatories. So far it now seems to be getting earier, my knee is still swollen but nowhere near as bad as it was and is about the same size as my other knee. Mind you that is not small so difficult to compare!!!

Anyway after seeing my osteopath on Wednesday night she was happy for me to start running again but on the condition that I only run with the 'walk to run' group, I only run twice a week for a few weeks and if I am not feeling improvement I am not allowed to run the Cracker. So the next week or two are vital and I will be sticking to this regeme rigidly. My pace will be slow and easy as I am just after mileage, I know from Cardiff I still have the pace.So I am feeling a little heartened but also apprehensive as I think if this doesnt work it could be the end on my running career!!!!

I am now only 3 pounds away fro my target weight, I am now 12st 1lb and was 13st 12lb when I started so target will be a 2st loss!!!! I would love to do Llanelli but cant commit yet, it may be Xmas before I could think about entering a race of that distance and I mean entering for a race 4 to 6 weeks away from then!!!!!I will keep an eye on the entries and will keep you updated on my recovery.

Nessie, you must be paddling in canoes up there, I have driven through dozens of flodded streets here, worst rain I have ever seen!!!!!

Good luck to you all, I will catch up as the days go by!!!!!

23/11/2012 at 04:21

morning all

well i was going to do 5 miles yesterday but to my shame yet again  never got out or stayed in for a run yesterday never slept well and had a bad case of CBA won't run again now till Sunday that's if it dosn't get washed out with all this rain we've had

23/11/2012 at 13:14
Hi Seejay. Glad you have a plan of attack to get back out there. Sensible as usual!
Toby, we all have dips in enthusiasm. You've trained so hard and consistently, you deserve a bit of a lull. You're not giving up yet though, are you?
Did 6 this morning, over the mountain and it was fine but I know I'm not going to do that well in a 10 mile race so will go for that hilly shorter race tomorrow and just enjoy the wonderful scenery
Have a nice (drier) weekend everyone. Xxx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.